April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - L'Oreal Smooth Intense Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

My hair is shoulder length, naturally curly, baby fine, and prone to frizz. I'm also a PJ of the first order. That being said, I just re-discovered this set(shampoo, cond, & serum) in my "product graveyard" = closet. I use it with the matching cond and serum when I want to wear my hair wavy.

I just shampoo, cond, rinse, use a bit of the cond as a leave-in(pea-size dollop mixed with water), then the serum and put my hair up into 1 or 2 buns. When it's dry I take it down and my hair is soooooo soft, smooth, shiny, SILKY, and tangle free it's ridiculous! I've tried EVERYTHING and will continue to do so(i refuse to commit!), but can't believe I slept on this for so long.

I used to use this about 5 years ago when my hair was down to my WAIST, chemically treated, and dyed. This line always made even my most damaged hair smooth and silky. I only left it to try other things, but forgot about it. Now I feel stupid for leaving it in the closet for so long. I don't get all the bad reviews except I can understand if your hair is extra fine AND straight. Because then it will definitely be a limp mess. But why would you want to use something for "dry, frizzy, rebellious hair" if yours isn't?!?!?

Would repurchase, but I'll probably try some of L'Oreal's other products too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Jyoan

I like this shampoo as it does what it says. Just that it only lasts me about 12 hours. I have since moved on to another brand that lasts me 24 hours. At the point in time when this was made, it was really my hair saviour, as I have damaged, extremely frizzy hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by PriTzOoO

I got the shampoo and conditioner on sale and i only used it twice. it just didnt work on me:( made my thick frizzy hair even more straw-like! argh i wasted my money to be honest. Head and shoulder is sooo much better:) x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by parfait25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i guess this product's effectiveness depends on what type of hair you have and where you live... basically, it has anti frizz or humid resistance formula which is perfect for singapore's humid weather (where I currently live)... plus i rarely go for a hot shower coz it easily dries up and frizzes my hair... so this product works pretty good for me, its just that, the smell isn't quite impressive and doesnt last all day...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm pretty sure I bought this at Kroger during a buy 2 get 1 free on L'Oreal products. It came in a really big bottle, even says 33% more on the front. It's OK...my hair feels smooth, but it also feels kinda spongey and a bit rough before conditioner which isn't too great. But since I don't want to waste shampoo, I am mixing this with stuff that is more moisturizing just so it's not going to waste. I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2008 5:03:00 PM More reviews by cocobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

All I can say is ick. I'm blessed with pretty manageable hair that responds well to just about any type of shampoo and conditioner, so when I saw this on sale at CVS I thought why not. This must be one of the only shampoos that truly made my hair feel greasy and unclean. Only hours after I shampooed I felt like I needed to wash my hair again. The smell doesn't even linger in your hair! As far as I can see there are no real pros to this shampoo at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 1:14:00 AM More reviews by mmdv

i read a lot of negative and positive reviews on this but when i finally decided to give it a try, i was so happy with the results. my hair was frizzy before but after my first wash, i so loved my hair! i use it with the whole range (masque, conditioner, and serum). it's definitely one of the best hair products i tried...next to my no. 1 Kerastase oleo relax range.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

This is the first L'oreal product that I have bought that I have been really disappointed with. This made my hair go like straw and extremely frizzy. It certainly did not smooth it down whatsoever.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MarkBuehrlesGirl56

HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont kno if it was the Shampoo or the Cond. but it turned my Hair into STRAW and I felt all oily. My HG is Head and Shoulders but I wanted 2 try this since my Mom uses it..Nasty stuff..ewwwwww NEVER again!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by prettiesnow

Used up 2 bottles of this before. Great smell, washes well, but definitely not moisturising enough for my dry long hair. Did nothing to smooth the frizz too.