July 30, 2014 | 2139 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Extra Volume Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 6:50:00 AM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Made hair dull and unhealthy but yes, it added volume...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 8:37:00 AM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I never reviewed this. Bought the matching shampoo/conditioner twice in the past year, and it just wasn't meant to be. This does nothing for my hair, and possibly makes it even flatter on top of my head!
Now I love most Dove products, but this shampoo dries out my hair like crazy (even with tons of conditioner) and makes it super staticy and dull. Maybe this would be good for someone with super oily hair, but for me this just doesn't work, and it never has given me anymore volume - unless the static counts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Lalie

I seem to be the minority on this one-but I HATED Dove and I think it is the worst shampoo that I have ever used. It made my hair fall out in CLUMPS! It was such a terrible experience that my words alone can't even adequately explain how terrible it was to lose all of that hair. Right after I stopped using it, my hair went back to normal and I didn't lose hair like this. I knew it was the Dove shampoo. There are much better products out there I I PROMISE. Don't use this. In fact, I wouldn't even use it on a dog.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by stellarbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great shampoo but I think they've change the formulation slightly. I noticed a difference between the old and new bottles that I had in my bathroom. I miss the old one but I don't mind this new version. Overall, it's fantastic, doesn't weigh the hair down and it smells nice =) I would definitely get it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by aleriene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always switch my shampoo ( I don't know why but I get tired of the same smell after a while?!) but when I tried this I really liked it. I still switch shampoo's but I can tell you that I notice a difference when I use this. My hair feels softer than usual and more bouncy. It's some good stuff :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

Here I am, all my life buying the most expensive shampoos around. and i mean expensive! and this little baby is sitting in target just waiting for me.it leaves my hair incredibly soft, full of body and smooth and it smells beautiful. I don't even use conditioner afterwards (except their leave-in sheer moisture anti-frizz cream-also incredible stuff). I highly recomment this shampoo. I have used everything from $100. on down. BUY THIS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by niferphoto

I answered that I would buy it again - however Dove seems to be making this impossible. I went to 3 cvs stores and they were out of this shampoo - they had the rest of the Dove haircare line - just not this one shampoo. For the record I think this is the best drugstore shampoo i've ever tried. I can't believe there are so many negative reviews - especially when it seems this item is the hit of their line, and sold out everywhere.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by d_mystic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is a good shampoo that I have repurchased a few times already. But I have tried better shampoos. It smells good, gives good volume but nothing that blows me away.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 9:07:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dove shampoo is my favorite-smelling hair product. It smells very clean and it lasts in your hair, which I like. I like being able to smell my hair when it's dry and you can still detect the fragrance. As for volumizing, it doesn't really do much, but it cleans my hair and that's all I expect it to do. This is a good daily shampoo because it doesn't feel harsh. Some volumizing shampoos strip my hair too much and leave it static-y or tangled and this does neither. It leaves my hair soft and clean, and it's really cheap so you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably the best drugstore shampoo I've ever used. I feel that the new Dove reformulated shampooss are so great. The formula really is weightless and smells light. It gives the right amount of moisture and fullness to my hair.