January 29, 2015 | 2004 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by treedy

Eczema: This is the only product that's ever helped the eczema on my eye lids. Highly highly recommend this product over anything else for eczema around the eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by candybum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This eye cream is amazing. I had a bad reaction to a strong anti wrinkle cream I had tried, which left my under eye area very dry, almost scaly. My regular face cream wasn't even softening it up, so I tried this. After one use, things had dramatically improved. After a few uses, my under eye area is moisturized and looking great! This cream is great for providing gentle moisture, which is what I needed. It also works well under makeup, no balling up. I use this twice a day regularly now, and will continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I highly recommend this eye cream if you have sensitive eyes or if you are suffering from any kind of irritation/allergic reaction around the eye area. The texture is light, creamy, non-greasy and comes in a tube with thin nozzle.

However, those who are trying to avoid or are allegic to mineral oil and silicones might want to avoid this product - Mineral oil (parraffidum liquidum) is the 2nd ingredient on the list and silicones (Cyclomethicone) the 4th ingredient.

Ingredients: Avene Thermal Spring Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG-12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Batyl Alcohol, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside

I purchased this 2 weeks ago as I had been suffering from dry sore eyelids (I was later diagnosed with Blepharitis). It does wonders in soothing and hydrating the eye area without any irritation to the skin or the eye itself - either gently tap the cream on until totally absorbed, or if your skin is sensitive and sore to the touch, just gently glide it on. I now only apply this to the upper eyelid area (including the actual eyelids) as I think the high mineral content caused the milia under my eyes to be more pronounced.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Chick123

It is a good general moisturizer for under eye area. As name suggest, it is a soothing cream especially when I have these eczema attacks. It is good cream to use under the eye concealer. However, it doesn't help with the tiny wrinkles that I have developed due to my eczema ! I wish I could find something that sooth away this eczema ! Overall, it is a good soothing cream ! Would re-buy it for sure !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by jwyl

A light, simple moisturiser. It absorbs well into the skin and is unfragranced and non-irritating. I have very dry skin and this product hasn't left me with any dry patches around my eyes, which is nice. It's not a miracle product, but it doesn't claim to be. It won't reverse any signs of aging, but it should prevent fine lines from forming due to dehydration. Rather expensive for what it is, but I'll re-buy until I need/find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Skatax2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my daily eye moisturizer for the past 9 years.. I've been using samples from various products now and then but I was always coming back to this. I'm almost in my 30s now and my eye area looks wrinklefree and I think I owe this to this product. It does a great job in keeping my eye area well moisturized without any oil residue. I also like the fact that this cream has no smell, it's not expensive and can be used on the eyelid appart from the undereye area. Will keep rebying for sure..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by stls

I just finished my second tube. There's not much to say, it's fine if you want a basic gentle moisturizer for daily use and you don't expect to reduce dark circles or lines. It's just fine but nothing amazing, time to try a new one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it-just ordered my second tube! I use this morning and night.

This eye cream is super-gentle, non-greasy and moisturises my eye area beautifully all day long. It makes my skin feel really soft and look smooth. It provides an excellent base for my concealer too.

This cream won't reduce dark circles or provide line-zapping technology but it doesn't claim to so that's fine!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

I started to use this after reading about the reviews on MUA. As I have extremely sensitive skin (periorbital derm), I am always a little apprehensive trying out new products. This cream didn't irritate or burn my eyes and I am actually noticing some lines around my eyes from the derm disappearing. It's not a mind-blowing eye cream but for a derm sufferer, it has been a god send

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

very pleasant texture: cream and not greasy, does not interfere with makeup. but i dont think the efficiency is there. i almost finished the (little) tube, but i would probably not buy again. PS: it gave me 1 pimple under one of my eyes. it contains mineral oil so not non-comedogenic. i prefer hyraphase intense from la roche posay now.