July 22, 2014 | 2286 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Chick123

It is a good general moisturizer for under eye area. As name suggest, it is a soothing cream especially when I have these eczema attacks. It is good cream to use under the eye concealer. However, it doesn't help with the tiny wrinkles that I have developed due to my eczema ! I wish I could find something that sooth away this eczema ! Overall, it is a good soothing cream ! Would re-buy it for sure !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by jwyl

A light, simple moisturiser. It absorbs well into the skin and is unfragranced and non-irritating. I have very dry skin and this product hasn't left me with any dry patches around my eyes, which is nice. It's not a miracle product, but it doesn't claim to be. It won't reverse any signs of aging, but it should prevent fine lines from forming due to dehydration. Rather expensive for what it is, but I'll re-buy until I need/find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Skatax2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my daily eye moisturizer for the past 9 years.. I've been using samples from various products now and then but I was always coming back to this. I'm almost in my 30s now and my eye area looks wrinklefree and I think I owe this to this product. It does a great job in keeping my eye area well moisturized without any oil residue. I also like the fact that this cream has no smell, it's not expensive and can be used on the eyelid appart from the undereye area. Will keep rebying for sure..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by stls

I just finished my second tube. There's not much to say, it's fine if you want a basic gentle moisturizer for daily use and you don't expect to reduce dark circles or lines. It's just fine but nothing amazing, time to try a new one!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by marmaladecat

Love it-just ordered my second tube! I use this morning and night.

This eye cream is super-gentle, non-greasy and moisturises my eye area beautifully all day long. It makes my skin feel really soft and look smooth. It provides an excellent base for my concealer too.

This cream won't reduce dark circles or provide line-zapping technology but it doesn't claim to so that's fine!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

I started to use this after reading about the reviews on MUA. As I have extremely sensitive skin (periorbital derm), I am always a little apprehensive trying out new products. This cream didn't irritate or burn my eyes and I am actually noticing some lines around my eyes from the derm disappearing. It's not a mind-blowing eye cream but for a derm sufferer, it has been a god send

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

very pleasant texture: cream and not greasy, does not interfere with makeup. but i dont think the efficiency is there. i almost finished the (little) tube, but i would probably not buy again. PS: it gave me 1 pimple under one of my eyes. it contains mineral oil so not non-comedogenic. i prefer hyraphase intense from la roche posay now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use at night as I tend to have much drier skin during the winter months and really needed something to help that. I use an eye cream with SPF 15 for day, and it contains some aha too so perhaps that's why I get drier sometimes. Overall, I like this. It did what I wanted it too. It soothed and moisturized my eye area without causing irritiation or millia. Overall, I'm satisfied. Does it do anything incredible? No. But I wasn't expecting it to and it's priced right so I think for that reason it gets a 4 outta 5 and yes to re-purchase. If your looking for something to help with other eye issues like lines, puffiness or dark circles then I'd look to something else. But if you want a nice lightly moisturizing eye cream that doesn't irritate then look no further!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BREAK OUT alert!! Beware this caused me to break out in the eye contour area and above the mouth were I also applied it. Never using it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Light eye cream
INGREDIENTS: Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG-12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Butyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside.
DOES IT PERFORM? This does not provide extreme hydration but also does not cause milia or migrate in my case which makes it appropriate for both the eyelid and undereye area, as its name implies. This is sufficient to provide moisturization to fend off dry crepey-looking skin even in cooler weather for me and also eliminates the red patchy areas that develop at the corners of my eyes in drier weather or due to chlorine (I swim.)
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although I am open to trying more economical eye creams (ShiKai Borage, for example) that might have similar performance.
PRICE: $27.00 CAD for 10 ml - very expensive for what it is