April 17, 2014 | 1711 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Avene - Soothing Eye Contour Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by lilianrubyrose

I started to use this after reading about the reviews on MUA. As I have extremely sensitive skin (periorbital derm), I am always a little apprehensive trying out new products. This cream didn't irritate or burn my eyes and I am actually noticing some lines around my eyes from the derm disappearing. It's not a mind-blowing eye cream but for a derm sufferer, it has been a god send

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

very pleasant texture: cream and not greasy, does not interfere with makeup. but i dont think the efficiency is there. i almost finished the (little) tube, but i would probably not buy again. PS: it gave me 1 pimple under one of my eyes. it contains mineral oil so not non-comedogenic. i prefer hyraphase intense from la roche posay now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this to use at night as I tend to have much drier skin during the winter months and really needed something to help that. I use an eye cream with SPF 15 for day, and it contains some aha too so perhaps that's why I get drier sometimes. Overall, I like this. It did what I wanted it too. It soothed and moisturized my eye area without causing irritiation or millia. Overall, I'm satisfied. Does it do anything incredible? No. But I wasn't expecting it to and it's priced right so I think for that reason it gets a 4 outta 5 and yes to re-purchase. If your looking for something to help with other eye issues like lines, puffiness or dark circles then I'd look to something else. But if you want a nice lightly moisturizing eye cream that doesn't irritate then look no further!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by AngelicMaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

BREAK OUT alert!! Beware this caused me to break out in the eye contour area and above the mouth were I also applied it. Never using it again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by avironneur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WHAT IS IT? Light eye cream
INGREDIENTS: Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Sucrose Stearate, PEG-12, Sucrose Distearate, Triethanolamine, Butyl Alcohol, Bisabolol, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Carbomer, Dextran Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Glucoside.
DOES IT PERFORM? This does not provide extreme hydration but also does not cause milia or migrate in my case which makes it appropriate for both the eyelid and undereye area, as its name implies. This is sufficient to provide moisturization to fend off dry crepey-looking skin even in cooler weather for me and also eliminates the red patchy areas that develop at the corners of my eyes in drier weather or due to chlorine (I swim.)
WOULD YOU BUY AGAIN? Yes although I am open to trying more economical eye creams (ShiKai Borage, for example) that might have similar performance.
PRICE: $27.00 CAD for 10 ml - very expensive for what it is

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite eye cream for day time and also the only one i buy it for ..actually now is 4th time.I cant even imagine replacing or ever finding something similar or better.
Most of eye creams are giving me hard time only becouse i have very sensitive eyes..and this is genetics.
I love this eye cream for morning and for evening,for eye lids ,great makeup base,great ss base and also great healing for dry patches all over face and very near eyes.This never gave me any irritation,any stinging or redness.
While traveling i dont need to take 2eyecreams (home i use different ones for am/pm),i only take this,the tube package,really sanitary,tinny and safe,is making it perfect for my very often travels.
This is the cheapest skincare product i use,even my lipbalm..but also i very ,very good.
This is my HG eyecream for day time and for lids(is the only one i can use it without stinging and redness).
Texture is light cream,not too heavy ,not too light.My trick is:with the ring finger i dab this cream gently untill is completly in..if i do the mistake to add some more then yes,i will get some oily marks..but i know how to solve this.
I apply my eye make-up and before foundation i dab in the area i see some oily marks ,some toilet paper..and everything looks perfect.
Belive me i use it and test it so many eyecreams,very expensive and very cheap ones,so i know when i find a really good eye cream.1tube is enough for 6months..2for1year,and yes i like to always have one new for any case :-)
My HG eyecream from almost 2years!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by dvdgal

I used the whole thing. It's soothing alright. But that's about it. If you have dry patches around your eyes. I'm not sure this will help it in any ways. There are a lot more richer eye cream out there...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by d7293

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have very sensitive skin and eyes. This eye cream is light and does not cause any stinging or redness in my eyes (don't ask how/why the product is getting in my eyes).

Moisturizes without making eye area feel greasy or heavy.

Tube allows precision in product use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by persianeyez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is great, i have been using it for a year now, i am just worried that it does not prevent wrinkles or prevent them either,

but it is great, it never leaves my eyes irratated and i swear i cannot have a day without it, i use it day and night

Q ladies- I am 22 years old- should i be looking for somehting that has SPF instead?

also

how do you ladies apply eye cream, i feel as if i am too harsh, i use my middle finger

do u rub or tap?

also to avoid too much rubbing i use more product- is this bad? is there a better way to go about this?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Minelli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So in my venture through the Avène brand, I've come across this when I searched an eye skin soothing and moisturiser. It indeed does that quite well, and also helps getting rid of wrinkles and dark circles that appear because of lack of moisture.

I'm not a packaging freak and I don't care if it comes in a fancy box or not, as long as it does what it says it does. However, I must say I like the squeeze method quite a bit. I think there's no hygiene in those pots you got to dip your fingers into. Also, it's much more economic as there's less wasted product.

Reading through some of these reviews, it seems like people buy things without informing themselves of what they do or do not do. This cream will not help with permanent wrinkle fading.nor with regular dark circles due to other reasons such as lack of sleep, bad nutrition or darkened skin. Please don't expect something the product was never advertised of doing.