October 21, 2014 | 830 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Natitashii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as i like the smell of tea tree, i'm not really a toner person as they all seem to dry out my skin and make it really itchy and tight. Have been using this a couple of days and it makes my skin feel refreshed. I would like to try and make this when i purchase the toner tabs. Overall really happy with this product. I don't have oily skin its pretty dry but this works great on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by DJCupcakes

I don't swear by toner, but it's a step I enjoy having in my routine. I got hooked on spray toners about a year ago when I realized that cotton pads can sometimes irritate my face. For a long time, I was just decanting some Thayers witch hazel toner into a small spray bottle from Aura Cacia and it worked just fine. I was interested in something with a bit more "bite" to it, though, so I picked Tea Tree Water up mostly on a whim.

I mostly use this at night, after cleansing and before treatments. (I have used it occasionally in the middle of the day to refresh my skin; very helpful with the hot, nasty summers we get in central CA.) The SA told me that some people use it as a makeup setting spray. I've never tried it for that as I don't use setting sprays, but I don't see why you couldn't.

I spray it about 4-5 times over my whole face and let it sink in on its own. It dries fairly quickly. The scent is herbal and slightly medicinal, but not too strong and it doesn't linger. It feels very cooling and soothing to my skin; not a hint of burning or tingling.

I do find that my skin gets less oily with this and I swear the blackheads on my nose have decreased. It's no mind-blowing miracle worker, but it does seem to help things along when my skin gets especially greasy or zit-prone. I think using it regularly has helped my skin balance itself out a bit more. It's a nice, refreshing addition to my routine and I'll continue to use and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:40:00 AM More reviews by mscourty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely adore Tea Tree Water! This is one of those products that I go back and buy again and again because it works so well on my skin.
Tea Tree Water keeps my skin clear - it has only a few blemishes occassionally, but this product has made it so much better. It is ideal for those with oily skin to stop it getting too greasy as it would with some toners, and to keep bacteria at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since using the Tea Tree Water toner from Lush I've seen a pretty significant reduction in my overall breakouts. I actually haven't broken out a single time since using it.

I use it at least twice to three times a day, once in the morning to wake myself up and once before putting on my moisturizer at night. It's very mild and feels easy on your skin. Celestial moisturizer adores this toner, my skin has had such an easier time sucking up that moisturizer since I started toning before applying. I don't want to ruin anyone's opinion on the smell of this toner but I first didn't like it because I thought it smelled a whole lot like baby wipes, lol. I actually have learned to like it as it is clean and light and doesn't linger on your skin, hair or clothes.

I like to use this toner in two different ways, I'll either spray a cotton pad and rub it all over my face or I'll spray the toner directly onto my face and let it air-dry. I wouldn't say my skin changed right as soon as I first used this product but after a week or so I definitely saw that my skin had reduced redness and just looked more even and clear of spots overall. If you want to keep it in the fridge for a cooling summer spray you can do that.

It sure is pricey but the ingredients make it worth it! I would recommend buying the smaller size first because even if it tends to not look like a lot alongside the bigger bottle it is a satisfying and fine amount. I like the bottle, it's cute like all Lush packaging is and sanitary and a proper size for your purse. I have no gripes about the spray bottle either which gives you a consistent spray of product every time. Rare in spray bottles.

I will repurchase! I might want to try one of their other two toners next time, but I could easily see myself going back for this one here. It's good as a buddy to your moisturizer or just a nice little refresher.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by eunicedeunicorns

I absolutely loved this! I'm 16 and I have combination skin (mostly leaning towards oily) and I love this! I spritz it on my face and moments later i feel a nice tingling sensation (no its not too strong for me) In the morning it helps me feel more awake and alive (I'm usually sluggish) It helps with the acne, and my face feels less oily at the end of the day. Would totally recommand for teenagers!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TwiDay

I've had trouble finding a good toner in the past, for some reason many of them left my sensitive oily skin stinging and feeling tight. This has been wonderful to use - it's refreshing, makes my skin feel soft and clean. I don't think it's helped too heavily with any breakouts I have by itself but I do believe it's helped with going hand-in-hand with the Lush Ocean Sea Salt Scrub

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this toner hoping that it would help with my acne breakouts since Tea Tree Oil is known for its antiseptic properties. I like it because when applied it feels refreshing and it does not have the pungent smell of tea tree oil. Using it everyday for the past few months, definitely lasts a long time. However, it did nothing to improve my skin and for that reason, I will not repurchase it.

Note: the nozzle does not seem to consistently spray a fine mist. Sometimes I get a couple of big droplets of water. It might just be my bottle though. Not a dealbreaker but definitely annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

I quite like this toner. It hasn't done anything particularly wonderful for my skin, but it does seem to make moisturiser apply better and doesn't freak my sensitive skin out. It's helpful for removing the last bits of my cleanser too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Callmecorrina

My skin is obsessed with this toner and goes crazy without it!! This is a refreshing toner for anyone suffering oily skin. I have extremely oily skin and pair this with LUSH's Angels on Bare skin cleanser & Imperialis. These three products are the ONLY products together that have ever completely mattified my skin during summer. Of course, you can pair this with any of your other products and it does help a significant amount with oiliness. I will put it out there and admit it did not too much in treating blemishes and acne but it did minimize the amount the breakouts I normally got. This toner has a lovely light scent to it, I usually just mist it over my face after washing it or use it with a cotton pad. I think it is suitable for any skin style and it super affordable especially for students. Job well done LUSH!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:32:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lovely toner for sensitive, sore, even broken out skin.

PROS:
-truly makes skin feel softer and calmer
-can work for all skin types. Dry skins benefit from the moisturizing softness, but oily skins will like how this absorbs quickly.
-packaging is very handy, great for travel
-scent is not irritating to the skin
-perfect post-gym/workout mist

CONS:
-I believe this is quite expensive for an "add-on" toner, meaning this won't clean your skin but refresh it, but it does last a considerable amount of time
-not readily available everywhere
-if you need a toner to remove makeup and cleanse your skin 100% this isn't it.