Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder

4.5

INGREDIENTS: Talc, silica, zinc stearate, cornstarch, caprylic/capric triglyceride, polyethylene, tricaprylin, isopropyl palmitate, lanolin oil, tocopherol, lanolin alcohol, ascoryl palmitate, isopropyl myristate, barium sulfate, methylparaben, propylparaben

I have really fair skin and have a lot of trouble finding bronzer that doesn't make me look orange/fake. I got this bronzer in Natural and it's been a winner! Warms up my complexion without making me look "tan". (Which is a good thing because I'm clearly NOT tan! Haha.) I thought from the online pictures that the Golden Light shade would be better for me, but when I got to the store the Natural seemed, well, more natural. Who knows.

Also love that it is truly matte--- no weird glitter effect when I go outside in the sun. Huge pet peeve of mine. Thumbs up on this product!

on 8/2/2013 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Literally my favourite new product. I definitely think every girl should have a shimmery bronzer in their make up bag but I think a matte bronzer is so much more versatile and 'everyday'.

I bought this because I was sick of wearing pink blusher that just made me look like I had a mild form of heat rash (I have reddish cheeks anyway) and even though I love my shimmer bronze pack from The Body Shop, I didn't want to always look so glittery, especially during the day. So I began a hunt for a natural, every day, matte bronzer. I found that there's not a lot of choice out there anyway, and what is out there just made me look a bit muddy and like I hadn't washed my face in a week. So far, not so good. Then Chanel released Les Beiges but I found it had very little pigment and you had to use about 10 layers before getting any colour, which would mean you would use an entire pack in about a week and I could only afford to buy it if I skipped food for that month in that case.

Then I came across Bobbi Brown. The only product I have previously bought from them is their gel eyeliner (which I love) but otherwise I've never been a massive fan. However, this was just amazing. They have a range of shades to literally suit every skin tone out there and it contains just the right amount of pigment. The shade I ended up choosing was 'Golden Light' and I've found that I can use it everyday without people thinking I've overdone the fake tan or been playing arts and crafts with a glitter box that exploded over my face. I bought it before I went on holiday and found it gave me a great looking tan and was also good for contouring. You can comfortably use this all over your face and still look very natural (provided you choose the right shade). After holiday, when I came back 500 shades darker I found it was still great as a blusher because it didn't make me look muddy, which is such a big danger with matte bronzers.

The packaging is sleek and minimal. The product itself isn't scented (or at least, not heavily) so it doesn't give you a headache. It comes with a handy mirror inside the compact for on-the-go application, and I generally find the packaging to do the job. Also there's not a lot of fallout so you don't lose half the product before you even put it on your face or when you open it up which is great. It goes on very easily and it's easy to build it from a light, minimal coverage to a heavier one. And it lasts for ages!! If I put it on before work in the morning, I'll only need to do maybe do a light reapplication in the evening. I also have combination skin but I didn't find it made my skin greasy OR dry so I would recommend it for any skin type. Also, I don't know if anybody else does this but I find it works really well as an eye shadow when you're trying to keep it as natural as is humanly possible.

Overall, I love this product and think it should be a staple in every girls make up bag.

on 7/11/2013 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Got this in Golden Light. The powder is very fine and pigmented, but still its applies well and blends well. It works for my NC30 skin. I have yellow undertones and this works only if applied lightly. Because my skintone is quite yellow, if i pack too much on it'll make my face look too yellow. But applied lightly is very nice. Mac's bronzer in Golden has more red undertones and that i can pack on if i want a more bronze look.

This is also completely matt and the packaging is so chic and classy. The mirror is really nice and the compact feels solid and nice. Only thing i don't like about the packaging is that the compact cannot be opened 180 degrees. It can only be opened slightly more than 90 degrees, like maybe 110 degrees. Being able to open all the way flat to me is so much more convenient. I can look at myself in the mirror and watch where my brush goes on the powder.

No fragrance which is fantastic. Overall a very good bronzer.

on 7/2/2013 7:06:00 PM

From reading previous reviews about this product, the shade "golden light" can be used by many different types of skin tones.
Im an NC30-35 and golden light still shows up pretty well on me.
This bronzer applies like a dream, very buttery and smooth.
I have the hardest time contouring, and this bronzer has made it easy for me.
It's natural and blends really well.
So far i love it!

on 5/20/2013 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

first and most importantly, this doesn't break me out. i like this bronzer but it's almost my same skin color so i have to layer to get an effect. i think when my skin is clear and i don't need much foundation i can just use this and call it a day. i find i use this for contouring and like the results but again it's so close to my skin color it's not dramatic. i wish they would make this one shade darker for black women with a deep brown complexion.

on 5/2/2013 2:40:00 PM

I have this in the shade dark, my Mum gave it to me, it's very red toned which i like because it gives the illusion of a natural tan, and as it's matte it makes a lovely bronzed contour. Do i use this everyday? No, as i don't always like a reddy tan but i've tested the other shades and i wont mark it down because i haven't got the perfect shade as that's an error on my part, the product itself is a perfect matte bronzer :)

on 4/23/2013 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this bronzer in golden light, at mac my foundation ranges from NC20-NC30, this bronzer is perfect for me, its a nice natural bronzer which doesn't make me look orange, it gives a good natural coverage making my skin look glowing and healthy without adding a shimmer as it is matte, it has a lovely package making it easy to open and close, I brought this in NZ for $65.00 (makeup is way more expensive here) but it is definitely worth it .

on 3/29/2013 2:23:00 PM

I love this bronzer! I have this in Golden Light & my skin is pretty fair. My favorite thing about this bronzer is that you really have to try hard to overdo this. It goes on very light & subtle, & does NOT look ORANGE. It actually gives me a realistic glow & tan. I use this on the days where I want to go more natural. I actually use it by itself on my bare face, just over some moisturizer. I love the packaging & I will definitely buy again. It is expensive, but very worth it. Great bronzer & my favorite out of all the many others I've used.

on 3/29/2013 2:11:00 PM

BROKE ME OUT!

on 3/25/2013 3:35:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

---Why?
I can wear this bronzer with or without a spray tan. Naturally my skin is VERY fair with a red/pink undertones and the "Golden Light" shade works perfectly. Not too dark or muddy.

Also, I love that the bronzer is matte. Most bronzers are sparkly, which I don't prefer because I like to put bronzer all over my face.

Popular Bronzers