September 3, 2014 | 1230 users online

Mascara - Trish McEvoy - High Volume Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by rosrey

I received this as a GWP in Jet Black. It lengthened my lashes but it also made them clump together resulting in a tarantula eye. Not a good look at all. If you're looking for a great tubing mascara, I would recommend trying my current favorite, Kevyn Aucoin's Volumizing mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by melanieschmidt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well the pros are that it does not smudge and does not flake. You'd have to have some pretty nice lashes to start with though because it's thin in consistency. I have great lashes from using Careprost, so it works for me. It's very black also which I love. I used Blinc, another tube like mascara and it was sticky as in my upper/lower lashes would meld together sometimes. This one does not do that. It goes on smooth. It works! I used it ONE day and love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by geminiysanford

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL! Love love LOVE this, stays on ALL day, no flakes, no muss, no smudges, you CAN build volume, as long as you do it quickly. It is a "tubing" mascara, like Blinc, only Blinc leaves my lashes spare, and dry, looking like I have like three lashes. This fills them in, plumps them up and for a sparse lashed girl, thats saying something. I do love other mascaras, Chanel inimitable, Lancome Hypnose, but I wear contacts, my eyes water, and this stays!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On one hand, I'd hoped to love High Volume, because 1) it's made by a cruelty-free company, 2) it's a "tubing" formula, which is great on my super-oily skin, and 3) it volumizes, something tubing mascaras rarely do. I also had high hopes for the stream-lined brush. But, on the other hand, part of me was hoping not to love it above all other mascaras, because it's $30, for heaven's sake.

Well. I wore High Volume for the first time today, and while it has many good points, it's not looking like my HG mascara. The mascara itself is *very* black, which I love, and I think I could learn to love the almost scarily skinny brush. BUT the dealbreaker is: it looks kind of heavy, and it clumps. It doesn't clump terribly, but enough that I had to spend several extra minutes this morning combing through it with my metal lash comb, and I just don't have that kind of time.

I'm chalking this up as a rather expensive experiment, and am going to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to mascara. It goes on easily and doesn't smudge at all. Even though it says it is a volumizing mascara, it adds length too. The only trick is not to wait until it is dry to put on the second coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by amisler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I do not understand any bad reviews on this!! This makes my lashes so long, doesn't smudge or run at all on me, and removal is amazing!!! Comes off in tubes with water....Other mascaras leave black smudging even after I take off all my make up...love this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually love this mascara but can actually understand all the bad reviews for this. This mascara is lengthening, volumizing, and makes my lashes look amazingly dramatic and fake.. if you are willing to put in the time. The packaging is gorgeous. Small, sleek, elegant, and the small brush which i understand a lot of people don't like, I personally love because it gets at every single lash in my inner and outer corners. The reason why a lot of volumizing mascaras generally have such large brushes is that you can get a lot of product on the brushes and therefore volumize in less time. The small brush with this can build you great volume but you really have to take a lot of time to layer every single lash and this mascara's formula makes it easy to clump so I have to constantly pick a lash comb through my lashes. The end result of it if you apply correctly is actually one of the most dramatic set of lashes I have ever used with just mascara- beats Dior Show, Lancome Hypnose, and every other mascara I have ever tried in terms of drama (and trust me I have tried maaaany) I cannot stress enough how dramatic your lashes will look at the end if you are willing to take the time to relayer and comb through your lashes. People who have not gotten good results from this were not applying correctly or were not taking enough time. It took me many times of trial and error to get me the look this mascara can potentially give me, My lashes at the end are defined, separated, super long, extremely full, dark, and fake looking. Such a contrast from my natural lashes (quite long and curly but sparse and thin) that my friends wouldn't even believe me when I told them they were my real lashes.

I will not be repurchasing though because even with the great results, I am a lazy sort with not much patience for things like relayering mascara. In the time it takes to get these results (about four minutes), i'd rather put on false lashes when I want this dramatic of a look. It's also really pricey (about $30)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I as given this mascara as part of a gift set, and while it does the job, I really couldn't recommend it.

The pros:

It lasts until you remove it, unless you fall asleep on your side wearing it, in which case, your lashes will be all smushed together when you awaken.

It doesn't smudge or flake.

It is quite a deep black.

It doesn't require special remover, but will come off with cleanser and water with some effort.

The cons:

Almost any drugstore mascara except maybe Great Lash is a better mascara. It doesn't lengthen or volumise brilliantly and if you build it up, it clumps.

It is not all that easy to remove.

Your lashes feel stiff and rubbery.

It's pricy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by jg7251

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Nice mascara but does not add volume at all. Does a good job lengthening and separating but not worth the high price. I actually don't care for the mascara coming off in tubes - it just gets all over the place. Not planning on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by alicebettyanna

I can't believe it but I will continue to buy this again and again. Pricey, over the top at $28. but I love it. I wear contacts for about 15 hours a day and this doesn't bother my eyes, never smudges and is a breeze to remove with regular cleanser. It's a nice dark black. I hate the fat brushed that are coming out now in all lines and this small, regular size brush does the trick.

Awesome!