September 22, 2014 | 1859 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Henna1

This product is Ok i gues it gives you a natural look it does have abit of shimmer i wouldnt say LOADS, just tiny bits can barely see it.

This is definately good for someone who wants a natural look because you can barely see anythings on it just looks natural. if you want a GLOW on your face then i wouldnt recommend this to you in a way it reduces the glow on your face its for like a every day use if you want FULL coverage then i wouldnt recommend this to you either because it dont cover nothing! the best thing i like about this is the colour of it if you know what i mean its like a PERFECT MATCH.

I WOULDNT BUY THIS AGAIN BECAUSE ITS LIKE YOU GOT NOTHING ON AT ALL, BECAUSE IM THAT TYPE OF PERSON THAT LIKES A GLOW ON MY FACE, and this dont give it. i dont think its worth its price and the powders all over the place so you waste alot!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by misszoolander

I got this recently in NC20, I wanted something to set my liquid foundation, and give me that "airbrushed" look. Being a loose powder I'm somewhat nervous whenever I open the lid, but with a dab of my napoleon sable powder brush it seems OK, not messy and a little bit goes a long way!

I use it over my Shiseido pore refining foundation in 020. When I first apply it, I love it, it gives me a lovely matte look and looks very natural. After a few hours my nose and forehead do pick up a bit of shine, which is kinda disappointing but I've got a very oily t-zone so I can not expect miracles.
I prefer this over my mac studio fix NC20 pressed powder, I think its less drying.

Would i buy this again? Probably, it would be a tough call between this or Shisedo's translucent powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by michelleannmarie

This product works wonderful to set your foundation or if you are going to wear just concealer. Gives my skin a very nice finish. If you are looking for coverage you will not be happy this is just really nice to set your foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:22:00 PM More reviews by karebearzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is much too sheer for me. Can't really help me even my skin tone, let alone provide coverage for freckles etc.
However, the powder is very fine and natural and doesn't ever appear chalky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a couple of months now and i do like it. I use my eco tools kubuki bush to buff it on and no complaints here it does the job and does not make my skin feel dry or chalky. They have alot of colour in them so not translucent at all. I am using mine in NC40.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:38:00 PM More reviews by 26sensei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is defininitely a little overpriced, but I would probably buy it again. I mean, I'm not expecting MAC to be cheap. I use NW20 and I only realized recently that since it's so fine, I really only get good coverage when worn over a tinted moisturizer. I can't wear it over liquid foundation because my skin doesn't handle liquid well, but I'm sure it would give a set, airbrushed look. It definitely absorbed oil in my T-zone for most of the day, which I was impressed with. It was a little too loose and fine, though. More like a setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MakennaRuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I find it lasts quite a while as well. I have sensitive and oily skin, so I was afraid that my skin was going to soak this product up, but it stays on my skin forever. However, most of the time I wear this, it's over the Mac Studio Fix Fluid, so I find that it makes the fluid last longer, makes my skin look and feel soft, adds more of a warm tone to my skin and covers up a little more, making my face look more natural than just having the fluid on my face. I definitely recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by MissRivett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had this for quite a while and only seem to ever use it in the summer. I have it in NC 10 and use it as just something to even out my skin tone. It is not a foundation or concealer, simply a setting powder. It's nothing amazing, but I'm using it until I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:13:00 AM More reviews by itsthebeautygeek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first I was in love with this powder, paired with concealer I get amazing flawless skin, and without concealer and just powder it still looks very flawless and natural. HOWEVER, I only applied it occasionally like on the weekends. Once I started wearing it daily, it broke me out! I think it's clogging my pores, my pores on my nose have gotten much worse and I'm breaking out on my forehead and everywhere. And that's just a no-go. Also the packaging makes it impossible to bring it around- since the powder is just going to fall out all over the place. I'm going to go a week without the powder and if I clear up, I'm done with this powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by blndiee06

It's just a powder, similar to the one from NYC.

It doesn't really help my oiliness at all and it doesn't set my foundation. Whenever I use this, I use it to top my tinted moisturizes just to add a little more color.