August 2, 2014 | 1003 users online

Eye Shadow - Sephora - Eyeshadow

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by hannahxx0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have one eyeshadow from Sephora in the shade Carine which I really love.
I've never been much of an eyeshadow wearer during the day but this eyeshadow has changed that! I thought (whilst I was on a trip to New York) I would buy this particular eyeshadow as the shade was so gorgeous. Since getting back to the UK two months ago there have probably been only a handful of times that I have not worn this as it is such a great, wearable shade. It flatters my fair skin tone and blue eyes, probably the best neutral their is out there.
Bearing in mind how many times I have used it it has barely made a dent in the product and the colour is really long lasting on my skin. I use it on top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion so I'm not sure how it would last without a primer but with one it definitely lasts all day and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I now majorly regret not buying more eyeshadows from Sephora, so if you have access to a Sephora store and are looking for a swap with UK products, please contact me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by LianneK

I think Sephora makes a really good eyeshadow at a fairly decent price - a nice compromise between drugstore shadows and high-end ones. I don't use the glitter shadows - too choppy and uneven. But the matte and shimmer ones are very, very nice. Outstanding color selection, silky texture. I always use primer underneath, so I can't really comment on how long lasting it is, but with primer, staying power is very good. $12 a shadow is not too bad, but wish it were a bit cheaper. Still, I own 4 or 5 so far, and just saw a new shade I'm interested in. So, no doubt, I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sincerelyx3yuki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have two single eyeshadows in the color Marie (a warm taupe with silvery glitter) and City Fog (gray with a tiny hint of blue). The quality of both of these impressed me. I had no fall out because the formula is not powdery and applies smoothly. Very happy with the colors. It's just a bit hard to open the eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by startariot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own different kinds of sephora eyeshadows, and not all are the same! There are matte, satin and glittery eyeshadows in the sephora line. Now the glittery one's are just plain aweful.. no matter which brush or technique I use, I can never get enough (or any) pigment to even out the enormous amount of silver glitter that do come out (and end up all over my face). Would never repurchase these.
The satin and matte ones are quite good -however, for some reason these don't all have the same qualities amongst themselves. Most are quite pigmented and with a primer they last quite a good few hours. They're easily blendable and easy to apply. My favourites are no. 21 cocoa powder (a matte chocolate brown, I use this for the v-shape and crease) and no. 49 exciting safari, a satin color I use for highlighting under the brow + cheeks.
I gave an average of 3 lippies, I think sephora should work on their glitter shadows and make sure all the shadows have the same qualities.. I also received a pallette with 6 different color schemes and I'm amazed how one matte/satin shadow works great and the next matte/satin shadow does nothing for me at all. Fix this and it will be a great line of eyeshadows!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very pigmented, something I didn't expect and pretty cheap. I like the color selection, and the packaging. Easy to blend and use. But the eye shadows are a bit powdery, which isn't so fun.

Still, good eye shadows and I will buy more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the 5 round pan eyeshadow palette in Bohemian Green, I think?? I am overall really impressed with this eyeshadow. The colours are gorgeous!!! I admit it doesn't last as long as my MAC but when used with UDPP it lasts 4-5 hours. Not great for all day, but perfect for an evening out. I will def. buy more, I just love the colours and price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2010 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Nashaiy

I bought a couple of Sephora eyeshadows because they were on sale for $5 each as compared to my $15 MAC eyeshadows. This was when I first went to Sephora and I figured their brand had to be good. I bought 3 of the shadows. I must say, they are the worst I have ever purchased. To get color on, you really have to put many coats on. The absolutely worse thing is that they flake everywhere. After applying a dark color, I have color all under my eye that I have to use cream to take off and re-apply my foundation over. It was a huge pain in the butt to apply this and I finally just got fed up and exchanged them for store credit (yay once again for Sephora's return policy). I will never buy Sephora brand again because of this experience. No wonder they were so cheap. My mom even bought the whole palette and the same problem happened.

PROS: decent color selection

CONS: poor pigmentation (need several coats to apply), flakes off everywhere during application, comes off quickly

Would not recommend this eyeshadow to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by hornet82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say I am really disappointed in this eyeshadow. It is very dry and hard for me to put on evenly-even with a good brush. The only thing I like about Sephora eyeshadows is their color selection-it's fantastic. I wish they were more creamy and not so dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:33:00 AM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

I love Sephora eyeshadow. The pros are: long-lasting, great appearance of smoothness , glides on pretty easily with a good brush. FANTASTIC color selection! Almost everytime I wear it, I get compliments because the shadows wear themselves really well!
The cons are: The packaging is difficult to open up sometimes cuz there is no real indentation where you flip up the lid, the eyeshadow formula is more on the dry side so you should really wear with a primer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This review speaks to the 'must have no. 6' in matte jet black. I really like this eye shadow, it's quite pigmented and is a good basic matte black. It's difficult to find a matte black that is pigmented and after going through many black eye shadows, this is the best one I have come across. It doesn't have any fallout, gives a good color payoff and has become a staple for me. I do have to say I am quite surprised as I didn't think that I would enjoy Sephora brand eye shadows but this one is good enough to convince me to try other colors as well. The only thing that's a bit of a downer for me regarding this eye shadow is that I find it...dry? I'm not sure what the best way to describe it would be. It's not chalky, but it's just very dry, very packed in. The other minor annoyance is the packaging. The lid has no indentation or anything for you lift it up so until you've used it a few times to loosen it up, it's kind of difficult to open up the lid at first.