Sephora Eyeshadow

3.6

on 7/15/2013 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very disappointed. I have a extremely cheap eyeshadow palette bought in a drugstore around Christmas and have almost gone through the three colors that work best for me. In trying to replace those colors, I found Sephora's single pan shadows in the same intense colors, or close enough to work the same. Unfortunately, they are just not there for quality. The cheap multi palette shadows wear almost better than the Sephora ones I paid $13 each for. Understand that this palette cost me $4. I'm sure I could get more wear out of the shadows if I used a primer but frankly I'm not willing to spend more money to make what for me is an expensive shadow (yes, I'm cheap as far as makeup: All my money goes to perfume) last longer than a truly inexpensive drugstore brand. It's ridiculous. These shades can be layered a little bit, but they are powdery and dry, as others have reviewed here, and the color just doesn't last. In an hour, the color is completely gone, just a hint in my lash line where the eyeliner has trapped it. These shadows cost way too much to not last longer. Extremely disappointed as I'd finally convinced myself to just cough up the money for these colors I love.
Waste of time, effort and cash.

on 12/7/2012 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

My mother bought me a sephora pallet for my birthday.
This is an okay product, it certainly isn't the best though. It's very pricey because its name brand...but I feel like drug store brand eyeshadow is WAY better, for WAY cheaper. This product isn't exactly bad....it's just not worth the amount it is sold for. I'd suggest saving your money up for Lorac, or MAC if you want to invest in expensive makeup.
If you want a drug store brand eyeshadow, I would suggest wet n wild, I'm not really a fan of maybelline eyeshadow.
Sephora is an okay brand.

on 8/30/2012 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I received ~50 eyeshadows from Sephora as part of a gift set about two years ago. My main issue with them is that they are VERY powdery; if you put too much on the brush it will just fall off onto your cheeks and make a mess. This gets slightly better with primer and a good brush, but it's still not fabulous. They are also extremely pigmented, which is great but makes the whole falling-off-the-brush thing even harder to clean up. Aside from that issue, they are easy to apply and I haven't noticed any patchiness or difficulty with blending them. I'm not so sure about the price (as I said, they were a gift) so I can't say if they are worth it, but to be honest I have seen plenty of drugstore eyeshadow that works just as well as these. I mostly use their black shadow, which generally fades to a dark gray and can migrate to my crease if I forget primer, so frankly a drugstore brand would probably work better for me. However, if you are looking for an unusual or very specific shade I would definitely check Sephora out because their color range is pretty large.
******EDIT******** I tried this with E.L.F. Eyelid Primer and it stayed on much better. Also, a smaller brush is less likely to scatter the powder everywhere when you try to apply it. It's still not my favorite but hopefully that helps.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I've tried different Sephora eyeshadow palettes and now have come up with one response: they are very pigmented but extremely flaky. Even with using a primer or concealer on my eyes first, I find that Sephora eyeshadow tends to flake onto my cheeks. This leaves hard-to-remove streaks before I put my foundation on. Probably won't be buying the darker colors again...

on 4/3/2012 1:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have two Sephora eyeshadow palettes and both are matte and do not have that much concentration of color and fade more quickly than my MAC brown eyeshadow pot. The more sparkly color in my palette is also not particularly apparent. They also have a fairly brittle texture. I would prefer to use a higher end matte eyeshadow that might have better concentration and stay on longer.

on 5/22/2011 1:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have one eyeshadow from Sephora in the shade Carine which I really love.
I've never been much of an eyeshadow wearer during the day but this eyeshadow has changed that! I thought (whilst I was on a trip to New York) I would buy this particular eyeshadow as the shade was so gorgeous. Since getting back to the UK two months ago there have probably been only a handful of times that I have not worn this as it is such a great, wearable shade. It flatters my fair skin tone and blue eyes, probably the best neutral their is out there.
Bearing in mind how many times I have used it it has barely made a dent in the product and the colour is really long lasting on my skin. I use it on top of Urban Decay's Primer Potion so I'm not sure how it would last without a primer but with one it definitely lasts all day and I don't have to touch it up at all.
I now majorly regret not buying more eyeshadows from Sephora, so if you have access to a Sephora store and are looking for a swap with UK products, please contact me :)

on 2/6/2011 8:55:00 PM

I think Sephora makes a really good eyeshadow at a fairly decent price - a nice compromise between drugstore shadows and high-end ones. I don't use the glitter shadows - too choppy and uneven. But the matte and shimmer ones are very, very nice. Outstanding color selection, silky texture. I always use primer underneath, so I can't really comment on how long lasting it is, but with primer, staying power is very good. $12 a shadow is not too bad, but wish it were a bit cheaper. Still, I own 4 or 5 so far, and just saw a new shade I'm interested in. So, no doubt, I will be repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have two single eyeshadows in the color Marie (a warm taupe with silvery glitter) and City Fog (gray with a tiny hint of blue). The quality of both of these impressed me. I had no fall out because the formula is not powdery and applies smoothly. Very happy with the colors. It's just a bit hard to open the eyeshadows.

on 1/13/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I own different kinds of sephora eyeshadows, and not all are the same! There are matte, satin and glittery eyeshadows in the sephora line. Now the glittery one's are just plain aweful.. no matter which brush or technique I use, I can never get enough (or any) pigment to even out the enormous amount of silver glitter that do come out (and end up all over my face). Would never repurchase these.
The satin and matte ones are quite good -however, for some reason these don't all have the same qualities amongst themselves. Most are quite pigmented and with a primer they last quite a good few hours. They're easily blendable and easy to apply. My favourites are no. 21 cocoa powder (a matte chocolate brown, I use this for the v-shape and crease) and no. 49 exciting safari, a satin color I use for highlighting under the brow + cheeks.
I gave an average of 3 lippies, I think sephora should work on their glitter shadows and make sure all the shadows have the same qualities.. I also received a pallette with 6 different color schemes and I'm amazed how one matte/satin shadow works great and the next matte/satin shadow does nothing for me at all. Fix this and it will be a great line of eyeshadows!

on 12/29/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Very pigmented, something I didn't expect and pretty cheap. I like the color selection, and the packaging. Easy to blend and use. But the eye shadows are a bit powdery, which isn't so fun.

Still, good eye shadows and I will buy more.