December 22, 2014 | 1773 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by vivanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser has become my holy grail cleanser of all time since it's super gentle on the skin but also gets rid of all the dirty gunk and oils left over on the skin from a long day as well. I have acne prone skin and suffer the occasional pimple here and there but this product keeps my skin at bay and cleanses it very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this and the gentle version of this for years. I tend to rotate between the two. I really like this cleanser as it removes all my makeup well and it keeps my breakouts at bay. It foams and lathers really nicely and I like the scent. One of my HGs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I have been using this for a month now, and I am very pleased with it. I have combination skin and more oily in the summer. Using this in conjunction with my Clarisonic at night makes my skin clean and soft. It has a slight fragrance to it, but it smells clean not perfumy to me. It can be quite expensive at drugstores but I always get mine at walmart so the price is not so bad considering the size.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by buttssss

I have combination skin, and my t zone gets pretty oily by the end of the day. I got this cleanser and I stopped using it after 3 days because of the fact that it made my skin incredibly dry even when I put my usual moisturizer. I got some pimples but I'm thinking it was because of my dry skin. BEWARE OF DRY SKIN!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a basic facial cleanser that is very good and doesn't strip my skin. I accidentally grabbed this about 6 months ago in the normal to oily skin version when I am dry skin. I didn't realize it until I used it. Alas, nothing to worry about. It didn't do any stripping or drying out of my already dry skin.

It cleansed it gently without causing any irritation with my rosacea. It removes my makeup well also without any problems. Great product and as you can see, I still have the same bottle with the pump 6 months later and use it daily. Little goes a long way. Definitely will buy again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW this stuff broke me out so bad lol I literally don't understand why dermatologists recommend this brand to people. I've had pretty decent skin but I figured it was time to switch up my cleanser as my other one wasn't removing makeup/dirt very efficiently. My dermatologist recommended this cleanser to me. I found it at walmart for SUPER cheap, like 6 dollars at walmart and took it home. It foams up quite nice, clean smell and I felt clean at first without feeling irritated. I used it for about almost 2 weeks but I just couldn't do it anymore! I know have a huge cluster of flesh colored bumps on my chin and i started to get big red cystic breakouts on my forehead and cheeks! I'm still trying to clear up the ones on my chin and the ones on my cheeks left ugly acne marks. I used to be able to go makeup free during the day but not anymore. Now i'm stuck using a heavy coverage foundation because of all the acne this face wash left me with and I'm so angry. Turns out, it's really a soap full of junk, it contains methylparaben and masking fragrance. The cetaphil gentle cleanser isn't any better as it contains 3 parabens instead of 1. I don't know why doctors recommend this. Currently only using warm water and a light moisturizer to wash my face as it can't handle anything else right now from all the irritation I have right now. So disappointed. Don't waste your time or money on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by samdrake

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser does its job; it cleanses and kind of moisturizes. After using it for about a week, my skin was shinier and softer. You have to make sure you rinse it off thoroughly, however, or else you feel like a balmy film is left on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 5:04:00 AM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the building blocks to my HG skin care routine. My face is finally clear and I believe that it is in part to this cleanser. No scent, extremely gentle, face feels clean but not tight after using this. I love it! I've tried literally every drugstore cleanser for acne, and never thought of this stuff because I didn't think it would work on my acne prone (cystic/nodular) skin. In all honesty, I believe I was using TOO much "acne cure" junk on my face and it was freaked out. I don't plan on using anything else unless they d'c this someday. I am so grateful for clear skin and cetaphil! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I've been using this cleanser the most over the past 10 years or so. I like it because it's a gentle product, not claiming to perform any miracles. It's a steady workhorse in my routine, and especially great because it's so affordable, easily available at any Walmart/Target/CVS, and you really get a lot in each bottle.
I have oily skin with acne, dry patches and some lines. I'm not expecting a cleanser to do anything more than gently and effectively clean my face - I rely on other products to address my specific skin concerns. This product IS scented, but I'm not sensitive to scents and it just smells softly like Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I have relied on this cleanser in the past to remove my eye makeup (because I'm cheap and lazy :-)) and it did alright, but I've been using Huggies brand baby wipes recently and that does a much better job. I LOVE the pump bottle because it's so convenient in the shower and quick to use. The only issue with the pump is that it's difficult to get every last bit of product out of the bottle, but I'm fine with that trade-off.
I can't imagine this ever being irritating to my skin, although I guess some people might have issues. I've used this product throughout sunburns, breakouts, and before/after MUAC skin peels (haven't tried the TCA yet, though) and it's been gentle enough for that. I like this product and will probably continue to repurchase indefinitely!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up a bottle for $7 after running out of my hg dermalogica and not having the cash to replace it. I have to say, i dont think i need to rush out anymore to get it. This is doing the job quite well and i think i expected it not to work because of the price being cheap but it hasnt given me any bad side effects aka dryness irritation or breakouts and it removes my makeup too. This is kind of a first impressions review so if your tossing up whether to try it or not i say give it a go it may work for you too!