December 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Corfu

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this, because the color is beautiful--a lovely brown taupe. BUT, this creases like crazy. I guess it doesn't help that I have oily lids. But of course, being a cream eyeshadow, I guess it's in its nature to crease like crazy. Looks gross after it starts creasing...but is lovely for the 15 minutes it stays put. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by juzzzz

Picked this as my first ever review because this is an amazing shadow!
The colour by itself is barely noticeable on my asian eyes unless I layer it on (which then gives my eyes more definition and a nice, deep neutral glow), but when worn under ANY OTHER shadow, this gives the colours so much more intensity - try NARS Iceland! I either use my finger or grab a slightly stiffer brush (Napoleon Perdis 10b, I've finally found a use for you!) and pat it on under my almost non-existent crease (stiff brush helps me not colour outside of 'the line' :P and makes it look like I might just have one), then fluff on whatever other powdered colour(s) I feel like!

I've found this creases less without using TSFI (maybe I'm using it wrong?) & have not had issues with it not lasting long enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Ginger1234

I've found the only way for Corfu to last through a late evening with minimal creasing on my combination/slightly oily skin: I use either UDPP or Benefit's Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner as a primer and then sit back and keep my eyes closed for a few minutes (it's definitely not a color for when I'm in a rush!). It dries just enough that it keeps creasing at bay for a few hours and later I just need to dab my crease to blend it back in. The Benefit CCS/L I use is Bunny Hop (a pinky-champagne shade that is no longer available, it looks a lot like RSVP) and it adds a nice brightness without changing the color of Corfu very much - it's maybe a tad less brown but you wouldn't notice the difference if you weren't aware of it. I love this color so much that I was determined to find a way to make it work! It took a lot of trial and error to find the right process but it is worth it - Corfu compliments my fair skin and makes my blue eyes stand out a little more.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:27:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Corfu is a sugary brown taupe. I got it solely for a summer shade, the MA told me to use my finger to apply. I loved that it was bronzish. Only reason why I wouldn't purchase this again because on its own it doesn't stay put. And primers didn't help me. Mostly its buildable so its great if you want to build the colour but thats only going to be a biggggg mess later. Sadly it won't stay put, it will crease & you will look greasy like you've been punched in the face. I really wanted to like this....its sad but I liked it for the name as well *im greek* I wore this mostly in the summer, it give a glow to the eyes and I only use my finger to apply. Then I just rub it in throughout the night. Anyways, I used Nars Fez over it which is nice and helps Fez stay put but overall Corfu disappears in the background once Fez is applied. I want to wear it more often because I've had it for 3 years and I might have to toss it only because its quality seems to be changing. I have to warm it up and rub the shadow to get it to transfer onto my finger for application. Oh dear, what a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by popcorn3148

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product is a gorgeous neutral base color~
However it does crease on my lids because I have oily lids. :P
It is better to put it on with a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by joxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this cream its fantastic all creams crease so i use either urban decay eye primer or two faced shadow insurence....i layer it with nars single eyeshadow cyprus and fez it looks amazing i live in a muggy climate and find no problems using these products the key is eye shadow primer.i use nars creams under all my shadows...all i can is amazing.i love love love nars.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yet another horrible and overpriced product by Nars. The colour is really pretty, but the staying power is not. It creases very badly, unlike paint pot by Mac. I used to be a Nars fan, but after several bad purchases I am staying away from this brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by kjerstihagen

CREASEVILLE!!! This creases so badly and so quickly (no matter what I pack on top of it) that the only use I can find for it is highlighting my browbone. And I don't really even use it for that very often, since I prefer to use a lighter (and often matte) color for that. I hate that I paid $21 for this. I've used and enjoyed cream e/s before, so I figured I'd love this NARS offering . . . sigh. Avoid like the plague unless your eyelids are drier than a mummy's.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by AWilliams87

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous. I can't get enough of this shimmery taupe shade that I bought on a whim since Sephora wasn't carrying El Dorado at the moment. It's much more wearable than El Dorado I think and it compliments my skintone and eyes so beautifully. The only reason it gets 4 lippies is for the crease factor.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:07:00 PM More reviews by janehathaway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color of this shadow! It's almost perfect. That being said, it does not stay on well at all and it creases horribly. I love the color so much that I'm on my third package of it. I have started wearing it with a bit of Trish McEvoy Caffe Latte powder shadow over it. That makes the most beautiful color and it helps it stay on a little better.