July 25, 2014 | 1725 users online

Crème - Boots - No.7 Intelligent Colour Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by DramaMom

I was hoping for the price that it would be a great product as the other Boots products I have tried and loved. Well....it sucked! First of all the product covers nothing! AT ALL. Second, I bought the "light" shade and did shake up the tube before applying. It made my skin look somewhat dirty and did not adapt to my skin tone at all. I didnt notice it at first but in better light my face was dark and orange and my neck was white. Unfortunately I was on an outing with friends far from home and couldnt do anything about it...ugh! the only thing I did like was the texture but other than that I will never buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by princess89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i used to buy this product alllll the time! it was amazing for my skin the colour i used wich was tan suited my skin shade and it just look beautifull on the only thing that was annoying me about it was it was like £13 quid a bottle! thats the only reason i dont buy it as often but i would deffinatly reccommend it to people! specailly if theyve got vouchers or something to knock money off!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2007 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lacrima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely perfect for me! My HG. I have very, very sensitive skin and most foundations make my skin start to itch RIGHT away. And they sort of pile up in very unattractive flakes around my nose AND make my skin blotchy. This one glides on easily, doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't cause flakes and itches. I don't wear foundation very often; just when I want to look a bit more 'glossy' and 'finished' for a meeting or an evening out. And this one is just perfect for that. It makes my skin look really good too: natural and even toned. Yes, I love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ksa05

This is a very light foundation, application is lovely, very smooth very much like a silcone primer.. does not cover flaws...but it does even out your skintone...gives it a little boost...you can not feel it on your skin, so its ideal for humid summer months.. I personally would buy it again, if my skin was top condition and i just wanted to polish it up a bit...If remember I purchased it for £13.00..a little expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As a rule I don't like No.7 make-up but when I got a free sample I tried this foundation and really liked it! I was very pleasantly surprised. I found it comparable to Prescriptives Traceless in texture and coverage and thought it was worth the money in comparason. I agree the tube is difficult to empty and a pump despenser would definately be preferable. I end up cutting across the end of the tube and scooping it out with a Q tip - not that hygenic I know! LOL! I have a fair, freckled complexion with yellow undertones and found that the 'light' shade adapted to my skin perfectly (although the snotty SA tried to convince me that medium was my colour - it wasn't- I looked orange!!!). My T-zone is slightly oily and my cheeks are dry but this product stayed the day (albeit with a light dusting of clinique loose powder over the T zone and a little concealer under my eyes). I agree with the tester who said it looks very muddy when you apply it initally and it has a strange watery cream to powder feel when it goes on, but having said that, I love its very natural look and the way it gently evens out my skin tone.

For me this foundation is definately better suited to summer months, when I have more freckles and need less coverage but IMO Boots should really class this product more as a tinted moisturiser than foundation, especially with only 3 shades to choose from. Don't buy it if you have many imperfections to hide - lets be honest it won't! But for the money I will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2006 8:04:00 PM More reviews by mel2

My skin is really pale but use the medium shade when I use my fake tan. I think the colour really blends into my skin and looks really natural. Feels nice and velvelty and feels nice and light. I don't like using foundation as I find it too thick so would say this a little heavier than a tinted moisturiser but lasts all night when I'm out clubbing and doesn't go oily on my skin which is my skin type.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2006 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Metalbabe1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmmm, yeah, i did try this and nah. I don't like it.

1. It covers virtually nothing, so what is the point!
2. It doesn't adapt to my very pale skintone and makes me look tangoed even in the light shade.
3. But it does have a very nice texture.

Wouldn't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 9:00:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Boots really lost their marbles with this truly pointless product. This is their attempt at formulating a foundation akin to Max Factor's "Color Adapt". Try again, Boot's and try harder. A LOT harder.
Unlike MF's "Colour Adapt" - which really DOES adapt to your skin tone - No 7's version does....nothing. At all. It doesn't cover- not even minutely - it doesn't even out, it doesn't reduce shine...nothing. My advice; if you were unlucky enough to have bought it, return it snappily to the store for a refund. Don't be dissuaded that they can't refund your money. This product utterly sucks and it isn't your fault that their cosmetic chemist missed the mark. What WHERE you thinking Boots?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Fozziebug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite foundation. It is very sheer, so don't expect all of your imperfections covered (that is what concealer is for, after all). It looks very light and natural and blends wonderfully with my skin tone throughout the year. While it does feel strange when being applied, once it is on it makes my skin feel soft and velvety. A little goes a long way with this product, so don't use too much (it could be why people have had the orangey effect, as it does have to be well blended). A tube lasts me around 6-8 months, and my only complaint is that it is hard to get to the end of the tube. However, it doesn't clog around the opening, so some you win, some you lose. It lasts me through the day with a light dusting of powder and can even withstand a drunken night out.

If you have greasy skin, are very fair or dark, or want a lot of coverage this isn't the product for you. Otherwise, try it. There are usually some good offers with it and it is a better foundation than most of the expensive ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by suzeuk

Well I am surprised! Got this in medium (as part of a freebie) and as one of the reviews said it is a scarey shade. Nearly did not bother! However it was very natural.

Well it is unusual it practically slips on. The only problem is it is not very covering (I would have given it 5 stars), but I bung some cover up on the broken veins and am pleased with the result. I was trying to describe the texture - it goes kind of watery then velvety - probably not a good description but it is cetainly not thick and creamy anyway.

I would probably buy it again - especially in summer when my skin seems to be at it's best anyway.