The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this for the winter. The smell can be strong at first but I think I've gotten use to it so I really like it. I have been using this for 3+ years and my skins always soo soft. It is a little pricey but Body Shop is always having promos so I can usually get it for about $10 and it lasts for 4 months, so its totally worth it.

on 12/30/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I liked it. I have extremely dry skin in the winter, and I'm finding it doesn't stop the itch quite as well as the Bath and Body Works butters. But I could definitely see myself using this regularly in warmer weather, when I still need a lot of moisture (I have to use creams or butters, lotions do nothing for me anymore) but maybe just a touch less than what I need now. I apply it at nighttime. The smell is interesting but nothing too off-putting. :)

on 9/4/2012 12:21:00 AM

If you have only slightly oily or acne-prone skin, do not use this as it does not absorb but will leave a thick greasy film that will clog your pores. The only way this has worked for me is as an overnight callous softener in the mid-winter.

on 7/26/2012 3:48:00 PM

I hate body lotions that take forever to absorb and you have to wait to get dressed without it sticking to your clothes. Despite of being a body butter, this sink into my skin really quickly, leaving my skin super soft. I used it during the summer and my skin absorbed it faster than a regular lotion. I love the smell, it's delicious, that's why I got it in the first place, but it's a personal thing, they have a few other fragrances.
I highly recommend this if you like body butters!

on 7/15/2012 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I can't enjoy this moisturizer because i absolutely can not stand the smell of this. I was excited getting this because I love all things cocoa. However, this just sits on my counter because the smell is nauseating to me.

on 7/12/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So I have dry skin and decided to pick up this product.
I was really looking forward to be taking a shower and using this.
I applied it on my body and it was SO greasy. It didn't absorb into my skin, it was just there on the surface of my skin. It was just so greasy and heavy.
Stupid as I am, I let it stay on my skin overnight. The next morning when I woke up, I had lots of red acne ALL over my back and shoulders! It was such a big shock for me, because when I say lots, I mean LOTS!
This happened to me perhaps half a year ago, and to this day, I have scars on my back thanks to the acne...
To anyone who easily breaks out from "heavy" products or has sensitive skin, do not use this body butter! If you want to try it out, just use it on a small area and see how your skin reacts. You do not want to risk getting acne by applying this butter all over your body!

on 6/6/2012 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I love the TBS Cocoa Butter body butter - it's one of my very favorite body butters and one of my favorite TBS products of all time. A delicious light chocolate-vanllla scent that stays true, and goes well with many other fragrances nearby. Very comforting, nurturing fragrance. Try TBS body butters out in the small size to see how you like them. If you like a fragrance, then get the large size and keep the small size container for travel. TBS has expanded their Cocoa Butter line to include a Cocoa Butter Oil for face, hair, body. Also a Cocoa Butter lotion. Both of these blend and play well with the Cocoa Butter body butter. Try combining or layering some of the TBS Coconut and Cocoa Butter body butters for a delicious exotic blend.

on 4/18/2012 2:00:00 PM

Extremely disappointed with this product.

Just sits on you skin like grease and does not sink in. No moiturising effect whatsoever.

Great smell which is a nice marketing gimmick, but a rubbish product overall.

Plus the Body Shop now tests on animals through L'oreal which owns the Body Shop.

on 4/3/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first TBS body butter. I loved t so much i bought a few more of them after I finished the first one. It smells a little bit like raw cocoa and i love the thick and creamy consistency of it. The smell might be a little bit strong for some people but for me its fine. Perfect for winter times! Would buy this again.

on 1/6/2012 11:05:00 AM

Very thick and moisturizing, and excellent boddy butter which leaves skin soft and hydrated. However, I was expecting more of a "chocolate scent". It smells a bit strange...

Top Rated The Body Shop Products