Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Hot Kiss

4.6

on 9/26/2010 6:51:00 PM

HG!

I absolutely love this lipstick! It is moisturizing, and goes on semi-sheer (not thick or matte like some). It has a bit of shimmer, but not too much. I love this color! I walked all over the mall, and visited every make-up counter looking for a color like this. I call it a burgundy-brown, or a reddish-brown. It is almost a neutral reddish-brown, meaning I can wear it with cooler or warmer reds/browns.

I asked my husband to come look at the color, and he describes it as a pinky-cinnamon. No matter what color we call it, it is such a beautiful every-day color!

My lips feel so soft after using this. It might not last all day or after eating, but I find that it will typically last 3-4 hours. For such a beautiful color, that is enough for me!

For reference: I have very pale skin, reddish-brown hair, dark blueish-green eyes, and freckles. I highly recommend this color for people with skin like mine!

on 8/24/2010 7:21:00 PM

This may be my HG lipstick. I am on the second tube, as the first one I used down to a tiny nub. The color is simply gorgeous with my pale skin (slight redness to my cheeks). Best part is, even though it doesn't say it's long lasting, this stays put through much talking and lip-licking. A wonderful shade that I hope is available for many years.

on 4/12/2010 4:26:00 AM

This is a very sassy, frosted claret or burgundy color with black undertones. It can be sheered to a berry to applied full on as a deep wine. It's very softening and the taste is quite pleasant.

on 9/11/2009 4:02:00 PM

I really love this color! I am a total lipstick addict and I have tried so many brands and colors. I received this as a GWP. I would have never even reached to test this one. It looks a little dark just to look at it, but once on it is a beautiful natural tone that just livens up my complexion! It can be worn sheer or layered for a deeper effect. I am so glad I tried this color!

on 6/19/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this color! I received it in a GWP and gave it to my mom (as I don't wear lipstick). When she put it on it looked great, so I had to steal it for myself for special occasions. It goes on great and it doesn't wear and lose its color after a while.

I definitely recommend you buy this.

on 5/31/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is a super vampy maroon lipstick. I love the versatility of this color because, in pictures, this looks like a dark red rather than a maroon so it looks very lady like and not as dark in person. The formula is very moisturizing. Definitely a good color for fall/winter or for a black tie affair type of night.

on 10/2/2008 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i never wore lipstick until i got this. i have medium olive toned skin and it looks amazing! i love this color and the lipstick is awesome.

on 9/27/2008 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hot Kiss is a gorgeous berry-plum color that is very flattering with my pale olive skin. It's a perfect color for fall, and the best part is that I got this as a GWP. If you have dark features, I'm sure this lip color would look great on you :)

on 9/7/2008 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous sexy color for your pout.

on 8/28/2008 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just got this as a GWP at The Bay tonight when I went to pick up a bottle of Knowing I had been craving. I wasn't even going to try it on because although I got a 'cool' GWP set, it looked awfully warm. Then, in a moment of 'what the heck', I put some on. It looks like MAC 'O'!!! It looks like MAC 'O' a lot, except the texture is smoother and the bronze-y cast is finer, more subtle. It makes my full lips look plump and curvaceous due to how the extremely fine shimmer adds dimension and catches the light and the creamy, smooth, lightweight texture hugs the lips. I'm shocked. I never in a million years would have even swiped this shade from the tester display. I'm a basic nude or deep red lip kinda gal. I put down 1 for the price because it was GWP and 4 for packaging because I like the basic navy case second only to the classic (not the Pure Color) gold EL case. I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.
I have a pale, neutral complexion with red undertones. MAC C3.

Popular Lipsticks