April 18, 2014 | 1485 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Estee Super Cologne Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Sherrie11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Estee. I don't have much to add to what's been written below - yes, it is a classic aldehydic floral with a hint of spiciness. It might seem a bit matronly to younger women unless they're into retro. On my skin it turns sweet and a bit soapy (a good thing). And it reminds me a little bit of the scent of allysum - if anyone knows what that humble little flower smells like - sweet, slightly spicy, yet just a tad herbacious. My husband says it smells like perfumey hand soap and doesn't smell "expensive" the way perfume should. But I love it. Someone I knew from childhood must have worn it because I get a nostalgic comfort feel from it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so surprised that there aren't more reviews for this. I rather like this one - it's an aldehydic floral with just a hint of spiciness at its heart. It reminds me of a more gentle and very subtly spiced Ysatis. A well-blended and pleasant fragrance but I would not go as far as to label it a 'safe' one. It has a certain unmistakable retro thing going on. Definitely one for the classic fragrance lover to discover and adore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2006 5:29:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried to test-drive this today but it just did not work. I remember this smelling absolutely divine on a middle-school friend, and a high school friend. But about 20 minutes after spraying.........I smelled this strange note in the scent that was reminiscent of a rat cage that hadn't been cleaned out in a long time. It certainly didn't smell nice on me the way I recall it smelling on other people. I am disappointed that it did not work for me. The search continues......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 7:10:00 AM More reviews by lorenbarton000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent brings back many memories for me. I first owned a bottle when I was 18 and I am now 32, my Mum had it on the other day and I hadn't smelt it in such a long time, it is such a classic, sophisticated, all year round smell and the staying power is awesome. I have issues lately with not being able to smell a fragrance you have sprayed - more than an hour later, you want your fragrance to last, summer and winter. Some may say this is more for the mature women but I disagree I think it is divine mmmmmmmmmm. I think I may very soon purchase it again as it so reasonably priced for an EL fragrance. For those who haven't really smelt it I say give it a go, I LOVE IT .......

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2006 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Clearing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Estee is a well balanced, aldehydic, fresh and clean scent. I have the *Pure Fragrance Spray* version rather than the Super Cologne. I'm one of those die-hard Estee fans I guess. It's hard for me to really hate any of her scents except for the modern ones which are very sweet and not as creative (which Ms Estee didn't design anyway). With Estee edp I like the walk through thing. I like to be lightly coated in it and then go around pretending I just naturally smell like this. Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Muguet, Coriander, Ylang-Ylang, Orris, Sandalwood, Moss. BUT, it is really best in lotion, diluted by half or a third. It's the way I prefer it and it smells sort of soapy clean this way, which I love.. Unscented Lubriderm is a great base lotion for this. I believe I will never be able to use up the bottle! ...and the coriander note gets to me when it's applied too heavily. Beware... A Love or Hate one, this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Besitos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love this scent. Smells even better by mid-afternoon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2006 1:53:00 AM More reviews by assorted_raisins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to overlook Lauder fragrances until I stumbled upon Estee one day. I was sharing my love of older fragrances when the saled girl had me smell it. At first I wasn't sure...but then the scent unfolded into something clean sparkly, soapy, musky and romantically poetic. The scent of a dreamer...enchanting. Later on, I realised I liked this since its aldeyhydes reminded me of my beloved No 5, but Estee is so much more approchable and wearable, especially for everyday. It's not at all musty, is long-lasting and affordable! I'm happy to see so many others enjoy this underground scent, and the kindness of Lauder in keeping the old favorites around. It truly suits a strong, introspective, feminine woman.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

I am generally a fan of the older EL fragrances, like Private Collection and Youth-Dew, but... Estee always had an odd, stale, smoky note to me, almost like ham or cigarette butts. It just smells musty and fusty to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2005 5:42:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've owned Estee in the Pure Fragrance Spray and the Super Cologne Spray. I like them both, but prefer the Pure Fragrance Spray for a more intense,true scent. Estee is a modern mix of spices,fruits,floral and aldehydes. It came out in the late '60s and remains a word-of-mouth classic to this day. It's unique!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by WatcherOfTheSkies81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, gorgeous scent! Very romantic. Soft, tender, soapy, clean, semi-powdery. This is the most classic scent in the Estee Lauder line, in my opinion. I use the Pure Fragrance Spray and the body products. This scent is exceptionally long lasting without being sharp, woody, musky or spicy. It's a mild scent. I would catigorize Estee as a soft floral. Once you experience it on someone who wears it well, you'll never forget it. It has a very unique soapy, creamy aroma. Not too sweet. So comforting for me. It has notes of Peach, Citrus, Raspberry, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Jasmine, Carnation, Honey, Orris, Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk, Moss and styrax. This is a perfect fragrance for the romantic at heart. My signature perfume.