Estee Lauder Estee Super Cologne Spray

4.1

on 10/9/2007 11:36:00 PM

Estee is my husbands favorite fragrance, and I love it too! I have purchased both the super cologne, the regular cologne, body lotion and the body powder. I love them all. My husband calls this fragrance pure class! I think it smells like hairspray, but in a GOOD way. I have to give it a good review, but I love the fact that I NEVER ever smell it on other people, and I reallly don't want that to change!

on 8/13/2007 3:54:00 PM

I love Estee. I don't have much to add to what's been written below - yes, it is a classic aldehydic floral with a hint of spiciness. It might seem a bit matronly to younger women unless they're into retro. On my skin it turns sweet and a bit soapy (a good thing). And it reminds me a little bit of the scent of allysum - if anyone knows what that humble little flower smells like - sweet, slightly spicy, yet just a tad herbacious. My husband says it smells like perfumey hand soap and doesn't smell "expensive" the way perfume should. But I love it. Someone I knew from childhood must have worn it because I get a nostalgic comfort feel from it.

I am so surprised that there aren't more reviews for this. I rather like this one - it's an aldehydic floral with just a hint of spiciness at its heart. It reminds me of a more gentle and very subtly spiced Ysatis. A well-blended and pleasant fragrance but I would not go as far as to label it a 'safe' one. It has a certain unmistakable retro thing going on. Definitely one for the classic fragrance lover to discover and adore.

on 10/10/2006 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried to test-drive this today but it just did not work. I remember this smelling absolutely divine on a middle-school friend, and a high school friend. But about 20 minutes after spraying.........I smelled this strange note in the scent that was reminiscent of a rat cage that hadn't been cleaned out in a long time. It certainly didn't smell nice on me the way I recall it smelling on other people. I am disappointed that it did not work for me. The search continues......

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent brings back many memories for me. I first owned a bottle when I was 18 and I am now 32, my Mum had it on the other day and I hadn't smelt it in such a long time, it is such a classic, sophisticated, all year round smell and the staying power is awesome. I have issues lately with not being able to smell a fragrance you have sprayed - more than an hour later, you want your fragrance to last, summer and winter. Some may say this is more for the mature women but I disagree I think it is divine mmmmmmmmmm. I think I may very soon purchase it again as it so reasonably priced for an EL fragrance. For those who haven't really smelt it I say give it a go, I LOVE IT .......

on 4/14/2006 6:17:00 PM

Estee is a well balanced, aldehydic, fresh and clean scent. I have the *Pure Fragrance Spray* version rather than the Super Cologne. I'm one of those die-hard Estee fans I guess. It's hard for me to really hate any of her scents except for the modern ones which are very sweet and not as creative (which Ms Estee didn't design anyway). With Estee edp I like the walk through thing. I like to be lightly coated in it and then go around pretending I just naturally smell like this. Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Muguet, Coriander, Ylang-Ylang, Orris, Sandalwood, Moss. BUT, it is really best in lotion, diluted by half or a third. It's the way I prefer it and it smells sort of soapy clean this way, which I love.. Unscented Lubriderm is a great base lotion for this. I believe I will never be able to use up the bottle! ...and the coriander note gets to me when it's applied too heavily. Beware... A Love or Hate one, this.

on 2/13/2006 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love this scent. Smells even better by mid-afternoon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to overlook Lauder fragrances until I stumbled upon Estee one day. I was sharing my love of older fragrances when the saled girl had me smell it. At first I wasn't sure...but then the scent unfolded into something clean sparkly, soapy, musky and romantically poetic. The scent of a dreamer...enchanting. Later on, I realised I liked this since its aldeyhydes reminded me of my beloved No 5, but Estee is so much more approchable and wearable, especially for everyday. It's not at all musty, is long-lasting and affordable! I'm happy to see so many others enjoy this underground scent, and the kindness of Lauder in keeping the old favorites around. It truly suits a strong, introspective, feminine woman.

on 10/11/2005 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am generally a fan of the older EL fragrances, like Private Collection and Youth-Dew, but... Estee always had an odd, stale, smoky note to me, almost like ham or cigarette butts. It just smells musty and fusty to me.

on 5/5/2005 5:42:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've owned Estee in the Pure Fragrance Spray and the Super Cologne Spray. I like them both, but prefer the Pure Fragrance Spray for a more intense,true scent. Estee is a modern mix of spices,fruits,floral and aldehydes. It came out in the late '60s and remains a word-of-mouth classic to this day. It's unique!

Popular Fragrances