Wet 'n' Wild polish

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/27/2012 11:25:00 PM

Love these!! great colors, great names, awesome priced and pigmentation. Cant ever go wrong with these

on 2/8/2011 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is actually a review for the fastdry polishes, but I don't see any of the colors I've sampled so far already listed, nor a generic listing for their fastdry polishes.

I think I've found my new favorite quick drying nail polishes! Sally Hansen Insta Dry was my go-to before this, but their brush is horrible and the polishes seem to be a little thick to me and require some skill to apply without gunking up. I also own several bottles of the Revlon Top Speed polishes, but I'm not really excited about them. They smell really strange, and with the exception of Ocean, I'm not a big fan of the color selection. I paid $1.99 for the Wet 'n' Wild polishes, and SH or Revlon are at 2-3 times as much.

I discovered the Wet 'n' Wild fastdry polishes at Walgreens the other night when I was looking for some green and yellow polish as I was attending a couple of Super Bowl parties this past Sunday. Obviously, I didn't want to spend a fortune on colors I don't generally wear, so these seemed to fit the bill. Since then, I've gone back for 10 more bottles! So far, I've tried The Wonder Yellows, SaGreena the Teenage Witch, Blue Wants to Be A Millionaire, and Teal or No Teal.

First off, I'm impressed by the brush. It's not perfect, but it isn't wide or obnoxious like the Sally Hansen Insta Dry brushes. At first I was picking up too much color (the brush is on the thicker side), but once I got the hang of it, it went on pretty easily and I didn't need to spend a ton of time with cleanup.

The polish is pretty thin, and it required 4 coats to get the opacity I wanted was looking for. On some nails, 3 coats was fine, but a few nails still had a few minor "bald spots", which were taken care of with the 4th coat. However, I actually prefer polish to be thinner side since it's easier to apply and goes on more smoothly without gunking up. Plus, thick polish seems to take longer to dry and is more susceptible to nicks and smudges or sheet marks (I generally do my nails before bed). These polishes dried pretty quickly, so I didn't mind having to apply an extra coat.

My process: I put on an episode of Psyche (no commercial breaks) and applied the Mavala Protective Base Coat. I waited about 3 minutes before applying the first coat of Teal or No Teal. I waited about 2 minutes between each of the next three coats. Then I applied the Mavala Colorfix top coat, waited a minute and applied a couple of drops of the Zoya Hurry Up Speed Dry Drops. My manicure was completely dry well before the credits rolled.

The colors are quite vibrant and shimmery. Teal or No Teal is especially lovely and iridescent, although I think it's more turquoise than teal. If you put the bottles side by side, it's almost identical to the Sally Hansen Insta Dry in Blue Streak, but the shimmery bits in Blue Streak seem slightly chunkier (not sure how else to describe it). I actually prefer the Wet 'n' Wild on my nails though. It somehow seems more subtle and wearable and when it catches the light, it seems to have a hint of gold to it, which I like. Blue Streak seemed is a little bit too candy blue for my tastes.

Blue Wants to Be a Millionaire was the only one so far that was disappointing. It really more of a glittery top coat than the pretty blue in the bottle. I'm going to try a base coat of a nude color polish to see if I can get the blue to show up in this one.

So far, these are overally a great buy. It's hard to beat the price, too, and I like them a lot better than either the Revlon or Sally Hansen offerings. I can't wait to see what other colors they release in the future.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow i am sold for the performance of this polish.!!! its so great. very smooth and easy application. quality comparable to OPI and China Glaze.. which are my favs nail polishes of alll time until i found this. I love the price. found it at 5 below and its works great. i stop purchasing OPI because of this.! TRY IT.! its evrything that u will every wanted from a nail polish. but cheap. i would totally believe that this is an OPI polish if it werernt in wet n wild packaging.. since the quality is reallllyyy that GREAT.! im am just soooo happy that i found cheaper alt. for pricy polishes

on 8/21/2010 1:55:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

You can find this at almost every drug store for a dollar and maybe cheaper if you wait for the sales. Wet and Wild may be cheap, but that does not mean cheap quality either. Most of their polishes only need one coat to give a full, colored shine. No streaks at all! Drying time is very decent given its price. Usually when I'm done painting my last nail, the first one will by dry by then. I highly recommend it.

on 7/29/2010 6:01:00 PM

i picked up two of these at walmart for 93 cents apiece. definitely a good price!
i've only used the color rain check so far. it's a beautiful blue shade, and i think i'll use it again in the fall.
my main problem with this nail polish is that it chips LIKE CRAZY, even with a good topcoat. i've never had nail polish chip after a day until i tried this one. it's been three days, and the chipping is getting worse. it's really a shame since i really liked the color.
i may or may not repurchase since i like the color so much but i cannot stand the poor lasting power!
NYC has similar nail polishes at about about the same price, and they last me way longer.

overall, i'd give it 2.5 lippies, but i rounded up to be nice and also because, like i said, i would reconsider purchasing if i can't find a similar color nail polish that lasts longer :)

on 7/15/2010 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I get the cheapest one (the 99 cent one) and they are great. I have trouble with streaking on some polishes, but it isn't as bad as LA Colors. I really like the colors and when I start running out, I tend to mix them for a different look.

I like how the package is slim enough to fit a size 6 show box without taking up too much space.

About the staying power: it does chip for me with a top and base coat. But I don't mind since it's very cheap.

on 7/15/2010 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was in a hurry at Walgreens to get cheap yellow nail polish and bought this since it was the first thing I saw. It was only two dollars, and I was really worried it wouldn't work well. However, I have had it on for over 10 days on my toenails and it hasn't chipped at all! The color is beautiful, and I will buy We 'n' Wild polish from now on, because the price is amazing and so is the product!

on 4/27/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have already bought several wet n wild nail polishes. None of them have disappointed me yet. With a base and top coat, the polishes can last up to a week. I really like some of the colors, especially the coral, and with the price you're paying for...how can you pass up for it? I guess in the long run, it depends on each person. Personally, I have gained positive use from it.

on 2/27/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I passed on these at the drugstore for a long time before I actually tried them for I thought that they would be chippy and low quality. Boy, was I ever wrong!! These wear like iron on me!! With Barielle hydrating ridgefiller and Seche Vite topcoat layered over winning nails toughcoat, I can get a week or more out of these and I'm also sure to wrap the tips with all layers. Amazing for a $1 product! Blue moon is my fave of all I've worn so far and it's a lovely dark blue. Don't knock these before you try 'em!

on 1/4/2010 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

These are ONLY 1/1.99$ pretty cheap and hellagood quality. I think the color selections are awesome but I think they need more matte selections. I'd compare any nail polishes to OPI, with a good top coat like Seche Vite, any nail polish can look good !