August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Cleansers - Mary Kay - Mary Kay Creamy Cleanser Formula 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by monicaphil

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is great at removing all my makeup & sunscreen. It leaves my face soft & clean. I would recommend this to anyone with normal to dry skin that needs a good cleanser to remove sunscreen. The price is right too, not overpriced. A great cleanser for everyday.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I have been using DHC cleansing oil and the DHC whipped oil for years and pretty much love it. However, since being on retin-a, the DHC cleansing oil is becoming a tad too drying for me, and because I switched over to the Shiseido sunscreen SPF 55 cream, the DHC whipped doesn't quite get it all off. So, based on the reviews here, I went and ordered the Mary Kay Creamy Cleanser 2. This is a great cleanser. It feels really nice on my skin, not drying at all, and it does remove all the sunscreen. It will not remove all my extremely waterproof mascara though so I took 1/2 a lippie off for that, and another 1/2 a lippie for having to order it from either a Mary Kay rep or via e-bay. Nothing against Mary Kay reps, but I don't like waiting for them to either deliver it to you personally or mail it, either of which can take a week or so. Ordering from e-bay is the easiest I think if you can find a reliable seller. Anyway, I do apply a dab to a dry face, massage in well, then wipe off with a damp, warm cloth (I use Jane Iredale Magic Mitt). Then I follow with a second cleanse, using either La Roche Posay Purifying cleanser, Fresh Soy Cleanser, or Eminence stonecrop cleanser. As to packaging, I took 1 lippie off for not being able to tell when the bottle is empty. Value wise, it is great. Alot cheaper than DHC. My skin seems to really like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very basic gentle cleanser. Instead of using a washcloth to remove it, I usually massage this into the face and neck and then wash it off with Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser. This is to remove my sunscreen and make-up properly. This also gets off most of my eye make-up too. However, I find it very to buy in the UK for such a basic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2008 2:47:00 AM More reviews by samaraiv

it is a nice ordinary cleanser. it won't dry out my face and fragrance-free.i use it with water and to remove my eye makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2008 2:05:00 AM More reviews by tjspiano

This is a nice switch from my usual MK cleansing bar as the wind and temperatures get harsher this winter. Very comforting to my skin, non irritating, removes my MK foundation, and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. A nice staple to have on hand - especially in the winter!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2007 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser has awesome ingredients and great consistency (very creamy, like a cleansing milk). This rinses clean for me and hasn't broken me out.
But for some reason, it dries me out. I don't know if it's because I used a toner w/ alcohol in it last week which irritated my skin pretty badly, but my chin started flaking from the surface dryness.

I think I'm going to stick with my Ponds. Even though it contains a fragrance, I love how the Ponds soothes my skin because of it's thick consistency. I think I might just use the Mary Kay cleanser after I use my Ponds.

EDIT//I tried it again and it's still the same effect. I finally discovered why I am getting so irritated and dry. It's the propylene glycol. I also reacted the same way with Cetaphil cleanser. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdie_ca

I did use this cleanser for a while. The wrost fault of this cleanser is that if I wore any makeup (including Mary Kay foundation), this cleanser does not clean anything off my face. I used to use the whole line of Mary Kay until I realized their cleanser does not go with their make up. I love many Mary Kay products. But their cleanser is their weakest link.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by delenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

(This product is listed twice in P'ville -- once with parentheses around "Formula 2" and once without. I am placing this review under both listings.)

MY SKINTYPE: Baumann type DSPW; dry, sensitive, with a somewhat oily, blackhead-prone T-zone.

This is a very gentle, unfragranced, mineral oil-based creamy cleaner. It comes in an opaque, white plastic bottle with a screw cap and a small hole in the top from which to dispense the product. It's a somehwat thick, white cream, very easy to spread.

This has become my HG cleanser in the past few months. It removes everything, including makeup and sunscreen. It does not sting my face at all, even when dry and irritated from retinoid use. I have been using it nightly in place of my usual favorite, a homemade cleansing oil.

I apply a thin layer all over a dry face and neck, massage in for a bit, and rinse off with water. It rinses quite easily, leaving my skin smooth and soft, with no filmy residue.

It's quite inexpensive. Through a Mary Kay rep, or online at marykay.com, the cost is $12 plus tax. for 6.5 fl. oz. I usually buy mine on eBay, where it's plentiful from sellers with great feedback, and cheaper, with no added tax.

Will definitely repurchase again and again.

SIZE: 6.5 fluid oz.

INGREDIENTS: water, mineral oil, propylene glycol, gyceryl stearate, triceteareth-4 phosphate, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, carbomer 940, methylparaben, triethanolamine, DMDM hydantoin, xanthan gum.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by delenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Will definitely repurchase again and again.

SIZE: 6.5 fluid oz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by SuzyCutie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was first introduced to MK skincare when I was 19 and in college for the first time.Needless to say,I couldn't afford it,but I was intrigued.A year later,my mum bought me the set for my b-day after I came home from Army reserve training( nothing like feeling feminine after being immersed in mud on a regular basis!). So,I've used the classic skincare on and off for 15 years now.I recently bought it again,and wow,why did I *ever* stray??? I found the Timewise too irritating,but this cleanser takes off all my makeup(I use a soft washcloth with it),leaves my face soft,no breakouts or irritation at all.Best thing,when I used the toner test (to see how much mu residue was left if any)it passed.No junk on the cotton ball.
I'm 35 and my skin looks better than ever;I'm so pleased.I got carded last weekend and the cashier thought I was 26!!! Sold :)
(Hey,I'll take what I can get :P)