October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so happy I got this as GWP because had I bought the full size I would have been very sorry. The reviews for this product are very positive, people mention the glow they get etc. But when I tried this (it took me 1,5 months to finish it) I also got a glow to my skin but this was because of the oily residue it left on my skin. I can assure you all that I've shaken the bottle before application so that the two phases mix and I've used an adequate amount. It cleansed my skin pretty good, I'd give it a 3,5 for that but otherwise it's not worth it.

I didn't like it. The glow is just oily residue and the smell! have I mentioned the articial smell that makes me feel faint? Peole say it's a nice orangey scent but to me it's just an artificial perfume which lingers for hours. The same goes for all Clarins products except for their rich body lotion which has a more fresh, ''natural',' subtle, citrus scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 4 months now. I dont actually use it to remove my makeup. I wash my makeup off and then use this as a clenser and toner. I quite like find that it add moisture to my skin and leaves my skin ready in the morning for face cream and make up. No complaints here.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by RozBuds

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a sample. Used it once and super tingling and burning sensation on my face. Next morning several medium size bumps on my chin area. I believe I had an allergic reaction to the product, specifically the orange extract. To some this may be a good product but my skin type is just too sensitive. Fortunately the bumps are getting smaller and almost gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much. I wish the bottle was 3 times bigger.I always check out Beautypedia, and this cleanser had a vey bad review.That said, I couldn't disagree more with what Paula said. I use this after washing my face with makeup-remover, and it cleanses anything left behind plus it tones my skin, moisturizes it and gives me a nice glow. Its soothing, never strips my skin of moisture and I can use it to remove my makeup quickly during the day if I want to redo my makeup. Im just totally in love with it. Its so hard for me to find products that work with my reactive-sensitive-acne prone skin, and this is one of them <3 Would recommended to ANYONE. I think this would work for any skin type, unless you are super mega oily, and even then I still think it would work well as a final step.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I really love this product. I use it to remove any makeup before cleansing and toning with The Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs and the toning lotion with Commomile. I think this would be perfectly fine to use alone though.

It contains oil so you need to shake it really well before applying it with a cotton bud. The oil is great for breaking down heavy makeup and my skin looks clean and glowy when I have finished. I like this because it seems to be able to clean without stripping your skin's natural oils.

BTW, it smells gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Cleans very well, contains oil, so does not make skin dry. Skin glows after using it. In love with it and will buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my staple makeup remover. Personally, I don't like to rely on just one product to both remove makeup and clean my face, so I always follow up with a cleanser, toner, and moisturiser (even if it's much later in the day). This product does a good job at taking makeup off, even most eye makeup. However, if I have heavy eye makeup I do use specific eye makeup removers. I like how this cleanser doesn't feel too oily and heavy on my face like many oil cleansers and makeup removers. This is an advantage because I can take my makeup off without feeling like I need to go through that whole toner+cleanser+moisturiser routine right away, although I still do so later before going to bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by aggelou

I tried this in the morning but its far from perfect.1.doesn't cleanse well. I always use toner with cotton pads after cleaning and there were impurities on the pads. That never happens with the clinique liquid soap I've been using till now. 2. Dries out the skin. 3.the scrub particles are very small and sparse doesn't feel like really working.
Overall I'm a big lover of clarins products but this product is a very average cleanser that doesn't even clean well. Wouldn't even think about using it at night as a makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by layrareza

I love the fact that this is a One-Step cleanser since I'm a little bit lazy. Like other reviewers have mentioned before, you don't have a squeaky clean after using it, but it does the job. I only use two cotton pads to remove my makeup, but then again I'm not a heavy makeup kind of girl.

As with other Clarins products, I love its smell. Also, I should mention that I have combination skin and this did not break me out even though it contains oil.

As for a sample at the counter if you're unsure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SMELL IS NICE AND DOES A SUPER JOB