July 31, 2014 | 1704 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - One-Step Facial Cleanser (with Orange extract)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much. I wish the bottle was 3 times bigger.I always check out Beautypedia, and this cleanser had a vey bad review.That said, I couldn't disagree more with what Paula said. I use this after washing my face with makeup-remover, and it cleanses anything left behind plus it tones my skin, moisturizes it and gives me a nice glow. Its soothing, never strips my skin of moisture and I can use it to remove my makeup quickly during the day if I want to redo my makeup. Im just totally in love with it. Its so hard for me to find products that work with my reactive-sensitive-acne prone skin, and this is one of them <3 Would recommended to ANYONE. I think this would work for any skin type, unless you are super mega oily, and even then I still think it would work well as a final step.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I really love this product. I use it to remove any makeup before cleansing and toning with The Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs and the toning lotion with Commomile. I think this would be perfectly fine to use alone though.

It contains oil so you need to shake it really well before applying it with a cotton bud. The oil is great for breaking down heavy makeup and my skin looks clean and glowy when I have finished. I like this because it seems to be able to clean without stripping your skin's natural oils.

BTW, it smells gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great product! Cleans very well, contains oil, so does not make skin dry. Skin glows after using it. In love with it and will buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by peonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my staple makeup remover. Personally, I don't like to rely on just one product to both remove makeup and clean my face, so I always follow up with a cleanser, toner, and moisturiser (even if it's much later in the day). This product does a good job at taking makeup off, even most eye makeup. However, if I have heavy eye makeup I do use specific eye makeup removers. I like how this cleanser doesn't feel too oily and heavy on my face like many oil cleansers and makeup removers. This is an advantage because I can take my makeup off without feeling like I need to go through that whole toner+cleanser+moisturiser routine right away, although I still do so later before going to bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by aggelou

I tried this in the morning but its far from perfect.1.doesn't cleanse well. I always use toner with cotton pads after cleaning and there were impurities on the pads. That never happens with the clinique liquid soap I've been using till now. 2. Dries out the skin. 3.the scrub particles are very small and sparse doesn't feel like really working.
Overall I'm a big lover of clarins products but this product is a very average cleanser that doesn't even clean well. Wouldn't even think about using it at night as a makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by layrareza

I love the fact that this is a One-Step cleanser since I'm a little bit lazy. Like other reviewers have mentioned before, you don't have a squeaky clean after using it, but it does the job. I only use two cotton pads to remove my makeup, but then again I'm not a heavy makeup kind of girl.

As with other Clarins products, I love its smell. Also, I should mention that I have combination skin and this did not break me out even though it contains oil.

As for a sample at the counter if you're unsure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

SMELL IS NICE AND DOES A SUPER JOB

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Cosmetalogical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice product, I like the mix of water and oil and it is effective at make up removal although I wouldn't use it to take off eye make up. The fragrance is nice but strong and its irritating my skin, this is why I cannot use this again. More mature skins may get on with this better due to the oily film it leaves on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by HeatherSung

I love this new formula. With 2 cotton pads, it removes my full waterproof makeup and stubborn waterproof mascara without stinging. The orange extracts perk me up. My face feels moisturised and cleansed. Despite the half oil - water formula, it does not leave a cloudy film in my eyes. I would say, the "oil" component is so light that i would have thought that the formula is oil free.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by cheathamk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is NOT the one to use if you want that "squeeky clean" feel on your face, That said, I found it very useful when I went on a trip to Bolivia and in the high altitude where I was, it was a perfect way to take off my makeup, cleanse my face and not leave it totally dried out. I would definitely buy again, and use in the winter when even my oily skin gets dry or for travel at as a quick "pick me up" refresher for my face. I applied it with DHC silky cotton pads, so I felt like I didn't waste much product and I used every last drop. Like most Clarins skincare, I fell in love with the scent! It makes a great companion to the One Step Exfoliating Cleanser, and the only reason I have not repurchased so far is the price. It's more an indulgence than a necessity for me right now.