The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 10/19/2013 8:21:00 PM

Omg... this smell... It is just AMAZING. The product does the job, I would maybe not say it is the best conditioner in the world, but I really like it. I admit I do not have a lot of expectations from shampoo and conditioner cause well, my hair are quite normal and healthy so they don't need a lot of extra attention. But yes, I do love this product!

on 10/10/2013 10:45:00 PM

It is so far the best hair conditioner for me. I have super sensitive skin and sensitive scalp, any bad products (which is more than 80% of the ones I tried) would cause problems, serious dandruffs, shedding and etc.

I trust body shop line because it claims to have none silicones, no SLS, and so forth, maybe some drugstore products could give more dramatic results, but what good is that knowing it's just temp effects of silicone.

I have been using the banana shampoo together with icy blue one for years, which gave great result, I usually use icy blue one for 4 times per week since I have oily scalp and dry hair end.

And now I finally was able to find the banana conditioner, (why is it so popular and so hard to find?) and amazingly, cominbed with banana shapoo, the result is fantastic.

My hair is usually in good condition, soft, supple, no split end, and ssmooth, but even so, after applying both banana products, the result is even better, I cannot help but keep toughing the hair, it is just too smooth, and silky shiny in a good way.
However, it kinds weight down my curls a little, so I'd suggest anyone with fine, long and straight hair to try this product, you will see what I mean.

on 9/24/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells amazing and......that's it. Didn't do anything for my hair. Didn't moisturise, didn't detangle nothing. I'm shocked because I use a lot of natural hair products and this had good ingredients so was expecting it to be good but alas was not for me. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/22/2013 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

on 6/11/2013 3:14:00 PM

It's fair to say I don't stray into The Body Shop very often, mainly because our local one always appears to be empty which I find a little off-putting. However, I decided to brave it the other week (there were two other customers in there at the time) and was instantly drawn to this product on their shelves.

As a fan of bananas (eating them, putting them in cakes, their smell), the idea of a banana scented conditioner that's also made of bananas wasn't one I was going to pass up in a hurry. And I'm so glad I didn't!! Simply put, this smells DIVINE and leaves my hair feeling silky soft and smelling like cake!

If you don't like bananas, then this clearly isn't for you, but for those that do you really should try this. It's lovely and thick, smells gorgeous, makes my hair very, very soft and best of all it's sunshiny yellow! And let's face it, who wouldn't want to condition their hair with something that smells like cake and is the colour of the sun?!

I love this product it smells great and leaves my dry hair moist and less frizzy.conditioner works on thick dry hair need a lot but does moist the hair good sent stay on for a short time.Will buy again

on 3/31/2013 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

The smell is wonderful - like real bananas. Unfortunately, this conditioner did nothing for my hair - didn't condition, didn't detangle and didn't nourish. In fact, I felt like I hadn't used conditioner after having this in my hair for 10 minutes. It's a shame, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.

on 1/19/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This smells fantastic! Like real bananas, not cough-syrupy IMO. If you read the ingredients, water and bananas are what help make up the product. I find this isn't highly concentrated so I need a LOT of conditioner for it to get through my hair. This doesn't detangle my hair and leaves my hair feeling like I never fully washed it all out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is an awesome conditioner. It moisturizes my dry 4c hair really well. It smells really nice- like sweet bananas/fruit. The texture of the conditioner is somewhat runny, yet creamy. It's great for cowashing with. I think this product is best for dry, thick, curly hair.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products