The Body Shop Banana Nourishing Conditioner

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Cetrimonium Chloride (Hair Conditioner), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Honey (Humectant), Hydroxyethylcellulose (Stabiliser/Thickener), Lecithin (Stabiliser/Emulsifier), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Fragrance (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Yellow 6 (Colour) [March, 2013]

on 3/21/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I think this is an average product that does it's job. It's nothing to rave or write home over. The price is $9 at my local store and I got it as a free birthday month gift. I've been using it every day for about a week now. Overall my hair is softer but not shinier. I feel like this has improved the overall condition of my hair due to the all-natural ingredients and no dimethicone or silicones. It smells exactly and strongly like ripe bananas, so be aware if you don't like that smell. The product itself is this weird pumpkin colored goo. I really like the divergence from the regular white conditioner. This conditioner is light enough to use for a co-wash as long as you rinse it out thoroughly. I don't think that this weighs my hair down very much if at all. I'd repurchase if I don't come across another all-natural conditioner that's better. Be aware: DO NOT use this conditioner if you're going to wear perfume or any other scented product. The banana smell will stay with you for HOURS before it finally goes away, as if it were a perfume on its own. Your hair will still smell like bananas until you wash it again. That can be a positive or a negative depending on your preference. Personally, I really hate it and wish it would fade faster, because I love to wear perfume.

on 12/12/2013 9:30:00 PM

Wow I am hooked on this conditioner! My hair hasn't been this soft in ages and it's so silky,manageable, and shiny I'm so happy with this product. I was getting stocking stuffers from The Body Shop online and this was only 4$. So I got one well I should have gotten 4 because I'm hooked on this stuff. It's so creamy and smells like fresh ripened bananas I used this with Ion Hard Water Shampoo which is Vegan as well. After I shampooed I applied then combed it through I put my hair in a bun while I shave and scrub. The final step of my shower is rinsing this out.

Then while my hair is super wet I add some Rainforest hair butter then squeeze out the excess. A little One n Only Argan oil spray and talk about hair heaven! I straightened my hair and I have never had my hair this healthy and shiny. My hair also dried faster than usual. I have been using natural products on my hair for quite awhile and it has really payed off for me. My hair is in better shape now then when I used conditioners loaded with silicon. Silicon is just not for me and with waist long hair I'll pay $$$ for a good product. This is amazing for my hair and very reasonable. I couldn't be happier with a conditioner. Recommended!

on 10/19/2013 8:21:00 PM

Omg... this smell... It is just AMAZING. The product does the job, I would maybe not say it is the best conditioner in the world, but I really like it. I admit I do not have a lot of expectations from shampoo and conditioner cause well, my hair are quite normal and healthy so they don't need a lot of extra attention. But yes, I do love this product!

on 10/10/2013 10:45:00 PM

It is so far the best hair conditioner for me. I have super sensitive skin and sensitive scalp, any bad products (which is more than 80% of the ones I tried) would cause problems, serious dandruffs, shedding and etc.

I trust body shop line because it claims to have none silicones, no SLS, and so forth, maybe some drugstore products could give more dramatic results, but what good is that knowing it's just temp effects of silicone.

I have been using the banana shampoo together with icy blue one for years, which gave great result, I usually use icy blue one for 4 times per week since I have oily scalp and dry hair end.

And now I finally was able to find the banana conditioner, (why is it so popular and so hard to find?) and amazingly, cominbed with banana shapoo, the result is fantastic.

My hair is usually in good condition, soft, supple, no split end, and ssmooth, but even so, after applying both banana products, the result is even better, I cannot help but keep toughing the hair, it is just too smooth, and silky shiny in a good way.
However, it kinds weight down my curls a little, so I'd suggest anyone with fine, long and straight hair to try this product, you will see what I mean.

on 9/24/2013 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Smells amazing and......that's it. Didn't do anything for my hair. Didn't moisturise, didn't detangle nothing. I'm shocked because I use a lot of natural hair products and this had good ingredients so was expecting it to be good but alas was not for me. Wouldn't repurchase.

on 9/22/2013 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

on 6/11/2013 3:14:00 PM

It's fair to say I don't stray into The Body Shop very often, mainly because our local one always appears to be empty which I find a little off-putting. However, I decided to brave it the other week (there were two other customers in there at the time) and was instantly drawn to this product on their shelves.

As a fan of bananas (eating them, putting them in cakes, their smell), the idea of a banana scented conditioner that's also made of bananas wasn't one I was going to pass up in a hurry. And I'm so glad I didn't!! Simply put, this smells DIVINE and leaves my hair feeling silky soft and smelling like cake!

If you don't like bananas, then this clearly isn't for you, but for those that do you really should try this. It's lovely and thick, smells gorgeous, makes my hair very, very soft and best of all it's sunshiny yellow! And let's face it, who wouldn't want to condition their hair with something that smells like cake and is the colour of the sun?!

I love this product it smells great and leaves my dry hair moist and less frizzy.conditioner works on thick dry hair need a lot but does moist the hair good sent stay on for a short time.Will buy again

on 3/31/2013 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

The smell is wonderful - like real bananas. Unfortunately, this conditioner did nothing for my hair - didn't condition, didn't detangle and didn't nourish. In fact, I felt like I hadn't used conditioner after having this in my hair for 10 minutes. It's a shame, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products