November 28, 2014 | 1185 users online

Conditioner - The Body Shop - Banana Nourishing Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by RagDollDance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to absolutely love this product, because it smells amazing, but in truth I really just like it. I am pretty much mall-bound- I work in the mall, and I work crazy hours, and I hate shopping. So I tend to all of my purchases at stores in the mall that are within a two minute walk of my store. Fortunately, Body Shop is right there. And this conditioner (combined with the shampoo) works well. It conditions my long dry curly locks, and makes them softer and smell nice. The bottle is way way too small, but the price is quite right- they are always running some sort of deal or another in store, which brings the price down quite nicely. Overall a good, but not phenomenal, product, and one I will likely continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

It's fair to say I don't stray into The Body Shop very often, mainly because our local one always appears to be empty which I find a little off-putting. However, I decided to brave it the other week (there were two other customers in there at the time) and was instantly drawn to this product on their shelves.

As a fan of bananas (eating them, putting them in cakes, their smell), the idea of a banana scented conditioner that's also made of bananas wasn't one I was going to pass up in a hurry. And I'm so glad I didn't!! Simply put, this smells DIVINE and leaves my hair feeling silky soft and smelling like cake!

If you don't like bananas, then this clearly isn't for you, but for those that do you really should try this. It's lovely and thick, smells gorgeous, makes my hair very, very soft and best of all it's sunshiny yellow! And let's face it, who wouldn't want to condition their hair with something that smells like cake and is the colour of the sun?!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's a pretty good "natural" conditioner for every day use. I find it works better on my very long, highlighted, dry, curly hair than most high end conditioners (with ~3 exceptions). It smells like ripe bananas, delicious, pleasant, and fresh. I do find that it leaves my hair very shiny and in good condition without any build up or residue whatsoever. It doesn't weigh down my giant mass of fine fragile hair at all. I love it when I want to give my hair a break from all the silicone, styling, and general product overload. That being said, it's not super moisturizing and I do pair it with a leave-in conditioner. It's around $6CAD, I tend to stock up when The Body Shop has a sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by tweetylover1972

I love this product it smells great and leaves my dry hair moist and less frizzy.conditioner works on thick dry hair need a lot but does moist the hair good sent stay on for a short time.Will buy again

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

The smell is wonderful - like real bananas. Unfortunately, this conditioner did nothing for my hair - didn't condition, didn't detangle and didn't nourish. In fact, I felt like I hadn't used conditioner after having this in my hair for 10 minutes. It's a shame, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by rope

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It's not filled with absolute sh!te, but isn't "too hippy" for my dry, curly, styled-to-death hair. It doesn't give that silicone sheen you may be used to, but it's all kinds of good for hair. I've dumped out my Lait Vital.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This smells fantastic! Like real bananas, not cough-syrupy IMO. If you read the ingredients, water and bananas are what help make up the product. I find this isn't highly concentrated so I need a LOT of conditioner for it to get through my hair. This doesn't detangle my hair and leaves my hair feeling like I never fully washed it all out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is an awesome conditioner. It moisturizes my dry 4c hair really well. It smells really nice- like sweet bananas/fruit. The texture of the conditioner is somewhat runny, yet creamy. It's great for cowashing with. I think this product is best for dry, thick, curly hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

The Smell is DIVINE ! my bf doesn't like it cause he says it smells like children cough-mixture .
It was not that moisturizing - my hair has dry ends and is colored so need something quiet rich - and that wasn't rich enough - I would buy it again for the smell only .
the bottle format is not for traveling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking forward to trying this conditioner since I'd heard wonderful things about what bananas can do for hair and it's the second ingredient, but sadly it didn't do much for my hair. Didn't offer any conditioning properties, didn't help me comb my hair in the shower...it made my hair feel more tangled than when I'd shampooed it! Now I just mix it with whatever other really good conditioner I use so I can finish off the bottle, as it works great with my other conditioners. Just not on its own. For that, I won't be repurchasing.