October 30, 2014 | 1697 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Voyage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by savethemarianne

Like many others, I bought the refill for the pressed compact for 31 (price has gone up from 28). I think the compact is beautiful and well made but I was not up for paying an extra 50 just for that. Also it's not that practical as you can't fit a sponge in and it's too heavy for night out clutch. I carry it around in it's cardboard box and when that get's worn I plan to buy the 10 Stila refillable compact that someone suggested here.

However compact aside, I thought the product was nice. I got it with the aim of finding a setting powder that would give my skin a more natural lift, sort of between the usual matte setting powders and the super sheeny mineralize types which I don't dig and I read reviews here that this gives you a subtle glow. I found I liked the finish and especially the idea of it having redness correcting colours. I know it's expensive but I paid 18.50 for a setting powder that is a bit masky and doesn't give me brightness or colour correction so I didn't mind paying a bit more for a bit more give from the product. I haven't used the ball version so can't compare the two but I would disagree with people saying that this product is matte. It's possibly more matte than the ball, but in the store I had each version put on half my face and could not see a difference. There is still a micro glimmer finish from pink and bronze shade in this kaleidoscope. If you buy this, you must bear in mind this is like a translucent powder so don't expect coverage, just expect a polish. I also found that as a NC30, it makes me look a little paler if I go too heavy handed, so this suits fair skin best and if you're tan, just be light with it. The product is easily picked up with a brush. I use a kabuki/bronzer type as that's what I have but I'd advise a dispersed brush, not too dense, perhaps a skunk brush.
As others already said it contains green and lavender correcting colours and white for brightening which I think it fairly unique, you couldn't get a dupe super easily, there's one listed on MUA but it's not available in UK. It's listed on MUA as a highlighter but I think it's a bit translucent for that so I've used it as an all over finishing powder.

If you know what to expect from the product, I think it's worth a go, but there are probably cheaper alternatives (although I haven't found any in UK) so I knocked a lippy off for overhyped pricing. Key thing is, when I do a half face with and half without, I can definitely see the difference in terms of it giving me a more even complexion and a subtle glow. This is what the powder claims to do and I feel it does a good job.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Oh the packaging, the heftyness of the compact is just wonderful. It almost feel like a big piece of jewelry. I have to say first that I was not that impressed with the meteorites (the little balls) I was not using it like a highlighter but more like a loose powder (at the end, all over the face) but I knew I wanted the Meteorites Voyage. I had my chance at a warehouse sales and purchase the Meteorite Voyage form the Holiday 2009 collection.
It was the first thing i tried when I went back home and OMG this is one of the best highlighter I own. It is worth every penny! So fine, just enough shimmer, and it look natural, like someone just follow you with the best lighting wherever you go.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

got this and didn't use it for a long time. I am bad about buying something and not wearing/using it for a little well. When I did use this WOW loved it...and so did by skin...equalized the color. loved the smell of guerlain and wound reach for this over any other powder I know of.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can not add to already said comments on this product so I'll keep to the point.
I love the radiance this powder gives my complexion.
On special nights, I'll layer a couple of swipes to the high points of my face collarbones and decolletage.
O, I love the subtle scent of this and all of it's sister powders in ballz form.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mrsnosab

Like many others I purchased this product because of the review and I have to say I see the hype. First of all this compacts retail price is crazy. I got mine on ebay for a third of the price but I dont think I would pay retail for it. I also have the Meteorites Pearls in the tin and I personally think the coverage is different. I find with the compact I get more product compared to the pearls so its nice having both. The other reason its nice having the compact is because its better for travel. It really does give a nice glow to your face without shimmer. I have an oily tzone and this does not keep the shine down so you may want to set with something else before applying. This for me has become a must have and I think while the price is high on most of the products, it will last a long time so its not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

I just got this product, and paid about half of the regular price for it on ebay. I am really tired of people telling me how red my skin is. This definately seems to tone down the redness. I am still experimenting with the best way to apply it, puff or brush. The compact is beautiful. I am subtracting 1 point for the cloying smell. I don't get the horrible smells that Guerlain make-up has. Their perfumes are so beautiful. To broadly paraphrase Meryl Streep in Sophie's choice, if you live a very good like they make you wear L'Heure Bleue in heaven.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by danapop

It's ridiculous - the product does absolutely nothing for me - except for causing redness on my chicks (quite annoying taking into acount the fact that I don't usually get any allergic reactions) for an extremely high price. Powerful perfume, powder that doesn't control the oilness and sets into the pores (thus not recommandable for older women either IMO). Gosh, I must have been brainwashed to buy this, considering that I have almost no positive experiences with Guerlain. Well, we're paying for the name, I guess... Maybe for one it works, but I actually (after spending loads of money) prefer to use some makeup that improves my appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

Package is great but price is to high. I have free of them: classic, LE 2007-8 and 2008-9. Second is favorite:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

Well, to be honest: I couldn't live without this.
After reading all the reviews, I didn't really expect anything, except that beautiful box...
The compact that I have is a 2000 LE, Eclats de nacre.
I adore the smell and the look of it, but it doesn't do practically anything for my face (except maybe absorbing a bit of oil).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldHunter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous powder to pull out, that's its main thing. It's a chic, small/slim compact, very well crafted and refillable. I had high expectations of this and it doesn't do much, it's just a traslucent powder. It mattifies a little but I don't find myself reaching out for this that often because it's no substitute for MAC Blot and certainly no substitute for foundation, it has not coverage.

Of course you are paying for the compact (I paid 87 pounds in total) but then, we shell out 50 or 60 bucks for those LE Dior compacts that are made of plastic.

So if you'd like a pressed translucent powder I'd say go for it; but if you need something like MAC Blot, this really isn't going to do the job.