September 18, 2014 | 1361 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Voyage

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Oh the packaging, the heftyness of the compact is just wonderful. It almost feel like a big piece of jewelry. I have to say first that I was not that impressed with the meteorites (the little balls) I was not using it like a highlighter but more like a loose powder (at the end, all over the face) but I knew I wanted the Meteorites Voyage. I had my chance at a warehouse sales and purchase the Meteorite Voyage form the Holiday 2009 collection.
It was the first thing i tried when I went back home and OMG this is one of the best highlighter I own. It is worth every penny! So fine, just enough shimmer, and it look natural, like someone just follow you with the best lighting wherever you go.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

got this and didn't use it for a long time. I am bad about buying something and not wearing/using it for a little well. When I did use this WOW loved it...and so did by skin...equalized the color. loved the smell of guerlain and wound reach for this over any other powder I know of.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Absalom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can not add to already said comments on this product so I'll keep to the point.
I love the radiance this powder gives my complexion.
On special nights, I'll layer a couple of swipes to the high points of my face collarbones and decolletage.
O, I love the subtle scent of this and all of it's sister powders in ballz form.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mrsnosab

Like many others I purchased this product because of the review and I have to say I see the hype. First of all this compacts retail price is crazy. I got mine on ebay for a third of the price but I dont think I would pay retail for it. I also have the Meteorites Pearls in the tin and I personally think the coverage is different. I find with the compact I get more product compared to the pearls so its nice having both. The other reason its nice having the compact is because its better for travel. It really does give a nice glow to your face without shimmer. I have an oily tzone and this does not keep the shine down so you may want to set with something else before applying. This for me has become a must have and I think while the price is high on most of the products, it will last a long time so its not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

I just got this product, and paid about half of the regular price for it on ebay. I am really tired of people telling me how red my skin is. This definately seems to tone down the redness. I am still experimenting with the best way to apply it, puff or brush. The compact is beautiful. I am subtracting 1 point for the cloying smell. I don't get the horrible smells that Guerlain make-up has. Their perfumes are so beautiful. To broadly paraphrase Meryl Streep in Sophie's choice, if you live a very good like they make you wear L'Heure Bleue in heaven.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by danapop

It's ridiculous - the product does absolutely nothing for me - except for causing redness on my chicks (quite annoying taking into acount the fact that I don't usually get any allergic reactions) for an extremely high price. Powerful perfume, powder that doesn't control the oilness and sets into the pores (thus not recommandable for older women either IMO). Gosh, I must have been brainwashed to buy this, considering that I have almost no positive experiences with Guerlain. Well, we're paying for the name, I guess... Maybe for one it works, but I actually (after spending loads of money) prefer to use some makeup that improves my appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

Package is great but price is to high. I have free of them: classic, LE 2007-8 and 2008-9. Second is favorite:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

Well, to be honest: I couldn't live without this.
After reading all the reviews, I didn't really expect anything, except that beautiful box...
The compact that I have is a 2000 LE, Eclats de nacre.
I adore the smell and the look of it, but it doesn't do practically anything for my face (except maybe absorbing a bit of oil).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldHunter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous powder to pull out, that's its main thing. It's a chic, small/slim compact, very well crafted and refillable. I had high expectations of this and it doesn't do much, it's just a traslucent powder. It mattifies a little but I don't find myself reaching out for this that often because it's no substitute for MAC Blot and certainly no substitute for foundation, it has not coverage.

Of course you are paying for the compact (I paid 87 pounds in total) but then, we shell out 50 or 60 bucks for those LE Dior compacts that are made of plastic.

So if you'd like a pressed translucent powder I'd say go for it; but if you need something like MAC Blot, this really isn't going to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by konfetka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly great product!