April 17, 2014 | 1532 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Voyage

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mrsnosab

Like many others I purchased this product because of the review and I have to say I see the hype. First of all this compacts retail price is crazy. I got mine on ebay for a third of the price but I dont think I would pay retail for it. I also have the Meteorites Pearls in the tin and I personally think the coverage is different. I find with the compact I get more product compared to the pearls so its nice having both. The other reason its nice having the compact is because its better for travel. It really does give a nice glow to your face without shimmer. I have an oily tzone and this does not keep the shine down so you may want to set with something else before applying. This for me has become a must have and I think while the price is high on most of the products, it will last a long time so its not a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 3:54:00 AM More reviews by babsvs

I just got this product, and paid about half of the regular price for it on ebay. I am really tired of people telling me how red my skin is. This definately seems to tone down the redness. I am still experimenting with the best way to apply it, puff or brush. The compact is beautiful. I am subtracting 1 point for the cloying smell. I don't get the horrible smells that Guerlain make-up has. Their perfumes are so beautiful. To broadly paraphrase Meryl Streep in Sophie's choice, if you live a very good like they make you wear L'Heure Bleue in heaven.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by danapop

It's ridiculous - the product does absolutely nothing for me - except for causing redness on my chicks (quite annoying taking into acount the fact that I don't usually get any allergic reactions) for an extremely high price. Powerful perfume, powder that doesn't control the oilness and sets into the pores (thus not recommandable for older women either IMO). Gosh, I must have been brainwashed to buy this, considering that I have almost no positive experiences with Guerlain. Well, we're paying for the name, I guess... Maybe for one it works, but I actually (after spending loads of money) prefer to use some makeup that improves my appearance.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Ekaterina7

Package is great but price is to high. I have free of them: classic, LE 2007-8 and 2008-9. Second is favorite:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by modestyblaise78

Well, to be honest: I couldn't live without this.
After reading all the reviews, I didn't really expect anything, except that beautiful box...
The compact that I have is a 2000 LE, Eclats de nacre.
I adore the smell and the look of it, but it doesn't do practically anything for my face (except maybe absorbing a bit of oil).

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldHunter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous powder to pull out, that's its main thing. It's a chic, small/slim compact, very well crafted and refillable. I had high expectations of this and it doesn't do much, it's just a traslucent powder. It mattifies a little but I don't find myself reaching out for this that often because it's no substitute for MAC Blot and certainly no substitute for foundation, it has not coverage.

Of course you are paying for the compact (I paid 87 pounds in total) but then, we shell out 50 or 60 bucks for those LE Dior compacts that are made of plastic.

So if you'd like a pressed translucent powder I'd say go for it; but if you need something like MAC Blot, this really isn't going to do the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:41:00 AM More reviews by konfetka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a truly great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Ladyblackwulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always wondered why this item was always $$$ holding it in my hands I now know why the compact has a nice solid weight to it, and is very well made, as for the product..i already love it, i use Meteorites at home as the final touch to my make up for my workday or just for a bit of a "glow" during my weekends

Now I have the compact perfect for touch up when i go home from work or out on a date

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by misstayva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel this product is far too expensive... yet I had to have it. The packaging is indeed lovely, and I got the refill at a steal for $28. I love toting this thing around 'cos it makes me feel like some top-notch glamour queen. I hadn't treated myself to any high-end stuff in a while and was feeling like crap when I bought it. I love Guerlain so I figured I had to have this... but still, a part of me is wondering why I spent so much on this. If anything, Guerlain is laughing all the way to the bank, giggling at all the nitwits who spent the dosh on this compact.
It's definitely more matte in formula than the traditional Meteorites. It has the tendency, however, to look ashy if over-applied or if applied on dark skin. The major pain is having to carry an extra brush or puff to apply this stuff. I'd recommend staying away from the Meteorites brush-- what a scratchy piece of crap!
I dunno, I'm on the fence about this one. I reserve it for special occasions and use Physician's Formula Multi-Coloured Highlighter compact for every day use (it looks exactly the same). If you don't want to shell out the dosh for this, buy the cheap d/s one. The only difference, really, is the look of the compacts (and the PF formula comes with a nice, soft little brush).

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kama79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

NW 20. I would give this product five lippies i it wasn't for the outrageous price of this. Do I think it is ok to splurge on a product to treat yourself? To pay an insanely high price or a product that gives you a feeling of luxury? Absolutely. Do I think this product lives up to the expectations? Not really. Yes, the powder is nice. I love how it evens out the color in my sometimes ruddy skin. it is not really mattifying but it does set fdnt and gives you a nice and healtyh look. Since this is the matte version of the Mythics meteorites, you don't really get that "glow" everybody associates with Guerlain Meteorites. It is by FAR not as finely milled as many DRUGSTORE powders I know. Come on, Guerlain, you can do better. I take one lippy off for that. I take off another lippy for how TACKY the packaging looks. I know I know, it is supposed to be gold coated etc... but if you showed it to someone who doesn't know that... I doubt they'd be wowed by how it looks. Considering that compact costs about $100 (since the whole thing costs $150 and a powder refill around $50), I can't say the price is justified (I am glad I got mine for $60 on sale) at ALL. Also, I think the violet scent might be a problem with people who react to fragranced products. Personally I LOVE the sceent thought. So all in all... I am not wowed. It IS nice but not THAT nice. I wouldn't even rebuy it if I saw it on sale somewhere.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No