July 25, 2014 | 1393 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Vitamin E Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love TBS products because they are all CRUELTY FREE; however some of their products are hit or miss. This eye cream is not a miss but it's also not a hit...i would say it is average. It works at moisturizing my eyes and reducing puffiness. As far as reducing dark circles I typically don't have any; I don't have signs of aging around my eyes which might be correlated to my daily use of eye cream since I was 26 so I can't state any opinions regarding that. I do like the consistency of this eye cream since it sinks into my skin without leaving any greasy residue and it doesn't affect my eyes if some of this product gets into them. I would buy this again if I needed an eye cream in a pinch, but I think I will still be on the lookout for my HG cruelty free eye cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by Biioniic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Burns my eyes, too watery & expensive... Only thing I like about this is the packaging!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kelvinnelson

horrible eye cream. got one huge red bump under eye. nvr happen snce i born. hating bodyshop

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 2:06:00 AM More reviews by xxperfectdenialxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I quite like this eye cream. It's one of the only ones I've ever used and a big plus that it doesn't irritate my eyes. I have an allergy to something and if I use the wrong products on my face my eyes swell up like nobodies business and I look like Quasimodo (it's that bad, I can't even see well enough to drive when it happens). So non irritating is a huge plus for me. It doesn't do anything for my dark circles and I don't have fine lines to speak of but it's a great moisturiser for me, and I definitely notice when I forget to put it on. If I don't moisturise my under eye area gets really crepey and I get dry flaky eyelids and also dry flaky bits in the inner corners. Also my eyes hurt. It costs a bit ($24.95 AUD) but it does last forever so I guess that's ok. I would say though, when you think you've run out, cut the top off the tube and scrape the leftover into a smaller container. I went and bought a new one, but after cutting the old tube open found that there was still at least a month's worth in there...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a thin, watery eye cream that doesn't perform. It will not hydrate your eye area, or do much of anything, for that matter. I used it for about a month then gave up in exasperation. I thought it might make a nice, light moisturizer (I require more hydration on my eyes than the rest of my face) but it's just watery and sticky. The first two ingredients are water and glycerin, so I guess that shouldn't be a surprise. Also, my tube's no more than a few months old and it's already gone rancid.

I'm not a fan of The Body Shop and this eye cream did nothing to improve my opinion of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sexysxd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months and I love it! Deeply moisturize around my eyes area, making it easier for me to apply my make up. However the price is quite expensive for me: SGD$28+

But, I'll still repurchase for the sake of taking care of my skin. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by ramyabrucha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a total waste of money. I have finished 4 tubes of this. still no change in my under eye dark circles. please dont buy this one and waste your money

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by erynd

This eye cream is a very good moisturizer but it doesn't do anything else for fine lines. It stays good under make up. It's cheap and lasts long so while I keep searching for the best eye cream, I can continue using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was tired of expensive eye creams claiming to do all these wonderful things and then failing, or worse, irritating my under eye area. This cream is just a normal, everyday cream. It doesn't irritate. It doesn't cover dark circles. But it DOES moisturize like crazy. I use a heavy concealer over top of it (I have very dark under eye circles) and it stays beautifully throughout the day, no caking or settling into lines. I really like that it comes in a tube, you can get every last bit out (unlike those silly pumps that some eye creams come in) and the price is super affordable compared to a lot of other eye creams (even drug store brands, like Aveno, which I love). The Body Shop has tonnes of sales and I usually buy this cream for cheaper than it actually is. I will continue to buy this until I actually need a "anti-aging cream" (but, c'mon, who knows if anti aging creams really work...my advice, sunscreen, sunglasses and regular moisturizer everyday).

Pros:
cheaper than most brands at $17 (cheaper if there is a sale)
packaging allows you to get every bit out
quite a generous amount in the tube, lasts a long time
makeup goes on great over top

Cons
does not do anything special, like firm the area or get rid of dark circles

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ravenwine

As a disclaimer, I don't have much experience with eye creams to judge how good this is. Nevertheless, I love how this smells - I can't put a word to it but all I can say is, it smells very comforting, and lovely. I love how it feels on my skin as well.
However I still have some fine lines after using this for a few months...
I'll probably not repurchase it since there are many other eye creams out there to try out.