The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

2.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Hips Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea )Butter, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.

on 5/9/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I purchased this eye cream I wasn't looking for a miracle product. I needed an eye cream with a light consistency to wear during the day underneath my makeup and this eye cream was perfect. It's hydrating enough without being sticky. This eye cream is perfect for young skin that just want extra hydration. I bought this when TBS had their 40% off skincare event so the price is not bad. Also a little goes a long way,it took me over a year to finished up.

on 4/23/2014 10:03:00 AM

Once again, I just walked into TBS and impulsively bought stuff without checking reviews!

I bought this because the lady guaranteed that it would help with my dark circles, but I was hesitant because it seems like too little product for the price (almost 20$).

I like the smell, so it doesn't bother me. A dot is more than enough as it spreads when you're dabbing it around your eye.
At first it did work, I saw that the dark circles were reducing. I can't really say anything about fine lines because I don't really have any,
Word of advice: You need to get enough sleep and combine it with the cream to see any results!

However I noticed that after a while, I'd wake up in the morning and the skin under my eye would feel so tight, sticky and plastic/fake. I'm not really sure how else to describe it but it was uncomfortable.

On the bright side, it made applying concealer a lot easier! It acted as a base so concealer just glided on. I still use it for that purpose.

I do use this product often, if not daily as it does an okay job at moisturizing. I just don't understand why it's one of TBS's best selling products if I see constant negative reviews everywhere.

on 3/29/2014 5:57:00 PM

I love TBS's Vitamin E skincare line in general, but I'm just not impressed with this particular product. It claimed to help with fine lines, but did nothing of the sort. In fact, it did absolutely nothing at all besides provide basic hydration -- and in that case, I would have been better off just using my regular moisturizer. I'm of the opinion that although TBS makes great body and skincare products, their eye creams don't have any anti-aging effects whatsoever (I've tried the Nutriganics Smoothing Eye Cream in the past and it was much the same as this one).

I'm 25 with generally good skin and only the faintest lines beginning to form underneath my eyes. I was looking for a good product to help with this concern, and this product sadly isn't a winner.

If you have no signs of aging and are only looking for an eye cream to moisturize, then this will work for you. But for fine lines and/or dark circles, this doesn't do anything.

I've since moved on to a Retinol eye cream (RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream) and THAT has been doing wonders.

on 3/24/2014 9:24:00 PM

I was looking for a nice eye cream that was also affordable. There was a period of time that I was hooked onto The Body Shop products a few years ago due to the several deals they had often, so I decided to try their eye cream as well. This was one of their topsellers on their website. If you are looking for an effective eye cream for firming or dark circles, this is not the one for you. Aside from some moisturizing, it really doesn't do much.

on 3/3/2014 1:25:00 AM

I fairly believe that I will be getting back to this product again, once I run out of gentle eye cream options.

I would recomment this product to those of you who have young skin that needs hydration on a daily basis, and as a pre-makeup protection for the sensitive skin around the eyes.

Texture: it is very light, non-watery (which is good) formulation with a very neutral scent to it.

Application: product glides on very smoothly and you don't need much of it at all, I take a very small lentil-pea size amount and gently work it under my eyes.

Feel: it feels very smooth and hydrating. I find it comforts my skin all day long, even with heavier concealers on top of it.

Does it live up to its claims? I don't think so. Except being a good soft everyday moisturizer for your eyes - this product won't solve your undereye bags or dark circles problems, nor will it help with reducing any lines. To be honest this is a great first eye product for younger women, who have yet no clear signs of aging.

If you just look for something to hydrate your eye-skin nicely - try it out.

For more in-depth reviews on other great beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

on 1/25/2014 6:41:00 PM

I love this product! I use it in the morning under my eyes to get rid of the dark circles and some puffiness. it's especially good for when you've stayed up studying into the late hours of the night. overall I would definitely repurchase!

on 1/21/2014 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love TBS products because they are all CRUELTY FREE; however some of their products are hit or miss. This eye cream is not a miss but it's also not a hit...i would say it is average. It works at moisturizing my eyes and reducing puffiness. As far as reducing dark circles I typically don't have any; I don't have signs of aging around my eyes which might be correlated to my daily use of eye cream since I was 26 so I can't state any opinions regarding that. I do like the consistency of this eye cream since it sinks into my skin without leaving any greasy residue and it doesn't affect my eyes if some of this product gets into them. I would buy this again if I needed an eye cream in a pinch, but I think I will still be on the lookout for my HG cruelty free eye cream.

on 10/27/2013 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Burns my eyes, too watery & expensive... Only thing I like about this is the packaging!

on 10/27/2013 4:29:00 PM

horrible eye cream. got one huge red bump under eye. nvr happen snce i born. hating bodyshop

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I quite like this eye cream. It's one of the only ones I've ever used and a big plus that it doesn't irritate my eyes. I have an allergy to something and if I use the wrong products on my face my eyes swell up like nobodies business and I look like Quasimodo (it's that bad, I can't even see well enough to drive when it happens). So non irritating is a huge plus for me. It doesn't do anything for my dark circles and I don't have fine lines to speak of but it's a great moisturiser for me, and I definitely notice when I forget to put it on. If I don't moisturise my under eye area gets really crepey and I get dry flaky eyelids and also dry flaky bits in the inner corners. Also my eyes hurt. It costs a bit ($24.95 AUD) but it does last forever so I guess that's ok. I would say though, when you think you've run out, cut the top off the tube and scrape the leftover into a smaller container. I went and bought a new one, but after cutting the old tube open found that there was still at least a month's worth in there...