October 1, 2014 | 2116 users online

Conditioner - Aveda - Clove conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by TiaR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant. The girl who posted the picture of her hair is the shade I get too. And my hair is SO soft. I've come back to it so many times now...I want to try the black one next!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Jenls27

If they ever stop making this I'll cry a river.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I also use this to combat orange-tint I get in the summer. I dye my hair dark/medium brown (Nice n Easy #120) about once every 3 months but the tips tend to become light and orange due to the horrible hard water we have in the city where I live. This does a good job reducing that orange tint without depositing too much color, but I wouldn't use this more than once or twice a week as it can make hair color flat after a while if it is used too often!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently had my stylist take me from a blonde to a brunette, which I'm really enjoying! Since she used a demi-perm color she mentioned the color would fade, so she recommended I use this to add richness back to my color. I really like it! I use it about every 3rd or 4th wash ( I wash every 3rd day). It does what it's suppose to which is bring color back to life...so far as conditioning it's blah. WARNING, it does stain tub and hands if not rinsed quickly. Overall, happy with this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by ashlesamaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I swapped for this and am glad I did. I have light auburn hair and in the summer, I end up with some very blonde pieces and some orangeyness in my hair. I wanted this to sort of get rid of that and in one use with maybe a quarter sized amount it did that.
This will not be a daily conditioner for me as I don't want to turn my hair brown, I only wanted to get rid of the sun-bleaching. I worked great, so with minimal use the half tube I got will probably last forever.
Definately worth the investment, even with the price of $17.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by clearady

I've colored my hair once in my entire life. I straighten my hair maybe three times a year, and on a regular day, i clip it up, put it in a bun, or let the layers do their job down low. This is all to say, that I take excellent care of my hair. Put masks on it once or twice a week, use a cleansing shampoo once a week, and try not to shampoo it more than four times a week (but this is Hawaii here, humidity kills). So I did not buy this in attempts at making my hair stronger nor to repair it. It wasn't broken.

I'm one of those girls that admires girls like Adriana Lima, Kate Beckinsale, and brazillian women like Camilla Alves. All with nice dark locks of hair, especially the brazillian models. I've always wanted my hair a darker chocolate shade of brown (it's a medium/dark brown), but I didn't want to dye it! alas, the thought of that! haha
i never knew a product like this existed, but i happened to stumble across it reading the reviews on decent conditioners. absolutely ground-breaking, that's the truth of this.

perhaps it will darken more, as i intend to use it once a week. i left it on for ten minutes, and it didn't drastically color it (it wasn't black thank goodness lol). nor did it color my walls nor my hands nor my skin (but i was cautious as it seems to have colored some people's worlds on here). my hair now is more luminous, and a hint darker. it conditions well, no tangles. i haven't gauged it on moisture just yet, but my hair wasn't frizzy the next day. my boss and my assistant manager both color their hair religiously (to cover the grays) and after seeing the results i've had, they're going out to buy this!

since it's the only one of its kind, i have to give it five stars. perhaps in the future, if they ever make organic products to rival this, it could drop down one lipstick. However, seeing that there's no hair damage for $17 for a decent sized tube? organic too? this is as good as it gets for now. and i'm satisfied with that.

UPDATE: I uploaded a picture of the results right after. As you can see, it really made it luminous, and a tinge darker like i mentioned. You can look at my other pictures to see roughly what it appeared before. continued >>

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:41:00 PM More reviews by misslove33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this not knowing what that this product would deposit colour into my hair. I was looking for a new conditioner at my hair salon, and the person helping me suggested this conditioner since i dye my hair dark brown. I thought this was like a normal conditioner, for colour- treated hair type of thing. The first time I used it, I think I used too much because for the weeks after, people kept on asking me if I dyed my hair darker. This would have been ok, had I not already paid a lot of money for someone to dye my hair a particular shade that was not quite as dark. I didn't use this again for another month or so, waiting for the colour to fade. I took another chance with it after I got back from vacation and my hair had lightened a bit. This time I shampooed and conditioned my hair as usual, and then rinsed out my normal conditioner and put just a bit of this in. I let it sit for only about a minute, maybe less, and then thoroughly rinsed it out. This time, I liked the results. It seemed to brighten up my hair without overly darkening it. I would say to use this with caution, especially if your hair isn't extremely dark already and you aren't interested in darkening it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 5:15:00 PM More reviews by makeup4ever07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I have red hair, and during the summer time this red goes a bit too light and orange for me. I purchased this conditioner with the hopes of darkening it up a bit and eliminating that orange....and it has done just that! Also, it brought back to life my faded out lowlights! My only gripe is the price....it's pretty darn expensive for not a whole lot of conditioner :-( At first I did not enjoy the smell, but I have since gotten used to it. Altogether I love the results and recommend it for redheads!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by 4paws

For me the best use of this product is as a color-deposit, I don't think it performs particularly well as a conditioner. To cover brassy tones (my brown hair is sun-bleached by August, and I don't like the gingery-red tones) it works really well without risking hair-coloring mistakes (it washes out, no effect on your hair color beneath, and because I use no sulfate shampoo, the color lasts a couple weeks). I ignore the directions and instead apply to dampened (not wet) hair, let sit for 30 minutes or so, then rinse out. It's like a "toner" to balance out your brown hair color, without commitments or headaches. Yes it will stain and the tube is a bit eager to dispense its gloopy goodness, so I echo others' warnings to take care when using. Smells great too.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by susie03

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do like the colour deposit quality of this though would advise diluting it with another conditioner as it really darkened my mid brown hair in one use. However as a conditioner it's awful on me, made my hair dull and stiff - like a flat brown helmet.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No