October 21, 2014 | 1932 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Palmer's - Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by kyoki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a bit of a skin condition—extremely dry dark patches on the back of my neck and a bit on my torso that can end up feeling like sandpaper if I don’t lotion consistently.. I have medicated cream for this and it does work but I hate using it because it has a strong odor (being medicated and all) and it doesn’t really absorb in the skin—it kind of sits on top of the skin and rubs all over my clothes. I hate using it during the day because the nasty smell lingers, and I hate using it during the evening because if I sit, lay down, etc. it gets all over my pillow. So I resorted to using Gold Bond Ultimate Healing lotion which worked pretty well but wasn’t the best for the rash. Also have uneven skin tone on my arms, and pretty dry skin on my legs. I’m from Minnesota so the air is always dry, unfortunately
My friend introduced me to Palmer’s Coco Butter line and I have been hooked since. It has definitely improved my horrible rash, as well as evened out my skin tone all over my body. It is very inexpensive and smells great without being too overpowering. It isn’t greasy and absorbs right into the skin. I highly recommend this product!
The only drawback is the crappy bottle it comes in. Very hard to squeeze lotion out. I just took a pump from a different lotion, cleaned it out, and use it for my Palmer’s lotion. Works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by missmills

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My all time favourite moisturiser - have used it for years. Used it when I was pregnant and have only a couple of tiny faint lines on my lower abdomen region. Makes your skin so soft and smells delicious.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by camillajhb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my fail-safe moisturiser that I just keep coming back to again and again over the years. The formula is super rich, which is perfect for my ultra-dry, eczema-prone skin. My skin is so dry that I HAVE to moisturise my entire body every day when I come out of the shower, and only this seems to do the trick and not leave my skin feeling sandpapery before the next day. It smells of chocolate and I love the scent, but you can buy it in unscented.

As for stretch mark fading properties, they are AWESOME. This product evens my skin tone and fades stretch marks and scars like nothing else. I even use it on my face - yes, my face - sometimes to fade stubborn acne scarring and the results are pretty incredible! Doesn't cause breakouts or irritation on my super sensitive skin, either.

My only two gripes are the bottle, which is always terrible no matter whether you buy the squeeze top or pump, and the fact that this contains pretty cheap and crappy ingredients such as mineral oil, palm oil and Methylisothiazolinone (MI). If Palmer's could get rid of those nasties I could stop searching for a friendlier moisturiser that equals this one's toning properties.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by saraminebowen

This product gave me a terrible rash on my chest and arms. I've never experienced anything like it. I'm disappointed because it did seem to moisturize well, but it's obviously not worth uncomfortable rashes. It was also inexpensive, which was a plus for me. All in all, I won't be purchasing this product again because of the rash it gave me. Didn't notice any fading of stretch marks, but I only used it for a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've seen the Palmer's brand products in stores but never really gave much thought to try any until this year. I was on the lookout for a nice moisturizing body lotion since this time of year my skin becomes awfully dry and itchy. I can never stay moisturized enough by using standard lotions it seemed. I found a bottle of this cocoa butter lotion at Rite Aid and decided to give it try. I've used this bottle up in less than a couple months and really enjoyed it. This is fairly thick for a lotion and so this was deeply moisturized and was able to stay that day for most of the day. It felt heavenly on my skin and kept the dry winter itchiness at bay. There is a strong cocoa scent to this product (as one might expect) and must be stronger than I thought, since when I would apply this DH in the next room over would call out that I smelled yummy lol. I admit to not being a huge fan of cocoa/chocolate scented products as they tend to come off as too artificial or plasticy most of the time for me, but this wasn't too unpleasant I found. My one and only real qualm with this product is the damn bottle. The bottle is the fairly typical plastic bottle with a flip open top and you turn it upside down to squeeze the lotion out. This mostly works for typical runny type lotions, but this one is wayyy too thick for that. I think it would do better in a tub like most body butters, or a more easy to use bottle. I really had to strain my hand strength at times to squeeze product out. Other than that this is a recommended affordable body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very very dry skin, esp on my legs, this provides amazing relief from my flaky skin and I used this every day on my growing pregnant belly and didn't get one stretch mark, I truly believe that I have this product to thank for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by lulu6789

My sister suffers badly from eczema and she recommended that I use it for my
dry legs. Wow this stuff is ! I love the smell, it smells like Cadbury's hot chocolate and the lotion is quite thick and creamy, which is nice. I'm a swimmer so I use this lotion after swimming and everyone comments on how lovely it smells and even some of the guys use it because they love the smell so much! Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for an everyday lotion and for maintaining a fake tan. The scent may be a bit too overpowering for some, but I like it. The texture is very thick and luxurious. Even though it doesn't totally sink into the skin immediately, it isn't sticky.
I don't know if I just got a bad bottle, but it's almost impossible to control the amount of lotion that comes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always have this product and Although it's not everyday that I use it whenever I feel I need a really deep moisturiser I use it. mainly on my face and it doesn't give me spots but then nothing much does so you'll have to see for yourself on that part, sometimes we spend so much money on all the "luxury" products thinking because they cost £40 +++ they must be doing something that a £2.99 moisturiser can't! Well not true at all, sometimes the good old fashioned products have been around for a long time for a good reason!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by vivienvanessa

Beautifully luscious lotion with a divine cocoa scent. Definitely one of my favourite body moisturizers as it an amazing consistency - creamy but not sticky or too heavy and softens every inch of my skin. I would recommend this product to anyone with dry, cracked skin - this will soften it unlike any other product.

Compared to the Body Shop body butters this is definitely a much more stronger lotion, the body shop body butters are less creamy and less thick but they do have a larger scent range whereas this lotion only has a few scents including the cocoa and olive. It's also cheaper and the packaging is much more durable.