Palmer's Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

4.3

Deionized Water, Cocoa Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Cocoa Butter, Palm Oil, Petrolatum, Dimethicone, Fragrance, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Yellow 5 CI 19140, Orange 4 CI 15510

It has fragrance ugh.My skin is very very sensitive and it gets irritated so easily.I don't like the smell.It is WAY too strong!

I wouldn't buy this again...I'll just use vaseline.

on 2/7/2015 10:24:00 AM

What a great moisturizer!

I absolutely adore the chocolate smell, it is quite strong but not overpowering (in my opinion) so if you don't like sweet chocolatey scents you might want to avoid it. The lotion is very thick and takes a little longer to absorb than other lotions but it is completely worth it because it is so moisturizing. If you have dry skin anywhere on your body, this will work. My skin isn't dry, but my sister sometimes gets little scaley bits on her legs. This works really well for her, her legs look a lot smoother pretty much straight after application. Use it once a day, and any dry patches will disappear. I don't find it to be stick or greasy on my body, but I don't really like it on my hands. I usually wash my hands after using it, but it feels absolutely fine on my body. Must just be me. Very cheap, really easy to find, and very good quality. As long as you don't mind sweet smells because you can smell it for a while after application (which is definitely not a bad thing!) then I would definitely recommend it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this product. It sinks in immediately after application, and the smell is divine. It doesn't linger for too long, but leaves a subtle chocolatey smell afterwards. My favorite part about this product is that it doesn't leave a greasy film, it's "matte" on your skin right after you use it. My favorite lotion! Others I like are Cerave (this leaves a weird film afterwards though) and Vanicream.

on 1/13/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. In all honestly I have never liked 'chocolate' or sweet smelling products at all, however this smells absolutely wonderful. It comes off strong from the bottle, but once applied it is quite subtle and not at all sickly. The main reason I absolutely love this though is because of how soft it leaves your skin. The consistency is thick, which I adore. When used alongside the palmers cocoa butter oil, it leaves your skin feeling like a baby's backside. It is amazing. I used to buy all sorts of expensive, nuxe, l'occitaine, you name it products not being aware of the fact that this was just as good but a much more cheaper price! I will definitely be buying this again. The only downside to this product is that once it is almost used up, it is pretty much impossible to squeeze the remaining lotion out! This has to be my favorite body butter of all time.

I like this very much! I bought it mainly for my legs. the skin on my legs is dry and flaky due to daily shaving n i am the type of person who easily attract mosquitoes and insects bites. the bites always leave scars after recovery. daily shaving is the main cause to make my skin getting more sensitive and that causes itchy and scratch marks. i bought a small trial bottle as i have read some reviews that it helps to moisturise dry skin. it really does an amazing job by just a little application-my legs are soft and silky and less itchiness! no more flaky skin and it soothes the tightness feeling due to dryness! even after shower, i can still feel the effect of smoothness and still so soft to touch. it also fades the scars and uneven skin tone. the scent of it is very chocolatey and vanilla sweetness.i feel like 'eating it' whenever i use it. the scent lasts for whole day as if i have used deodorant or perfume. reasonably priced and does what it promises! a very wonderful and promising product!

on 11/26/2014 3:11:00 AM

A family member purchased this product for me after I had been discussing my disdain for my stretch marks. I had no expectations going in but I have been using it every day (especially on my problem areas) for about a week now and I have already noticed my stretch marks beginning to fade, in some spots more than others but that is likely due to the varying severity of the marks. One thing I strongly dislike is the smell, I'm not into sweets at all and this has a very chocolate-y smell to it that can be very overpowering. I feel like I'm walking around smelling like a sweets shop and as such I find myself only applying this at night time and opting for a different lotion after I shower/shave during the day. Another minor issue would be the residue, I find it takes a bit of time to soak in and leaves my hands feeling somewhat filmy after application. All in all I'm very impressed with how it has been for treating my stretch marks, I can put up with an unpleasant smell and some minor residue if the product is helping my stretch marks fade. Personally the pros far outweigh the cons so I will continue use and will repurchase.

on 11/17/2014 4:05:00 PM

Bought this to help scar from a burn on my face - within a couple of days, it has begun to fade with the regular use of this product.
Also been using it on my eczema, whilst it helps with the dryness I'm not sure my skin gets on with this product entirely well as it has become slightly itchier.
The smell of this is absolutely gorgeous and leaves your skin so soft :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My body lotion HG of all time. After 2-3 years of use every day, I receive amazed compliments on my softness of my skin and my stretch marks are nearly gone, besides very faint lines because the stretchmarks were so deep. This lotion is smooth, rich, moisturizing, quickly-drying, and smells wonderful.

on 11/11/2014 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A friend of mine turned me onto this product about 8 years ago after I got a terrible sunburn. She suggested I begin slathering this on my skin all day everyday so as to avoid peeling. Since then, it has been my go-to after sun lotion Every single time I am either out in the sun or go to a (gasp!) tanning salon. I also used it in general as a body lotion, particularly if I have just shaven. At first, the smell repulsed me, but eventually I grew to love it. It's a very strong, "cocoa" scent. If you have very dry skin, it'll eat this right up! It is extremely moisturizing, It's almost more of a body butter than a lotion, though it comes in a bottle, not a jar. Speaking of packaging, I prefer to buy the one with the snap closure that you pour into your hand instead of the pump because the pump only reaches down about 80% of the way (like most products that come with a pump) and you end up wasting a ton of product or fighting to get it out. It costs about $5-6ish and I find it goes pretty quickly, especially in the summertime. Sometimes you can get it on sale, though. As far as stretch marks go, I only have faint ones on my inner thighs. With that being said, I have been using this product for several years pretty consistently and have not seen any change in their appearance. Definitely ones of my staple products, though...especially during the summertime!

on 11/9/2014 6:22:00 PM

This is so moisturizing and gives my skin great tone too. I also useit to dry shave my legs when I'm in a rush and don't have time to shower. It smells like pancake syrup though which sometimes I like and sometimes annoys me because it overpowers any perfume or body spray I want to wear. The pump always gets clogged and I can be hard to get all of the product out of the container. Those are my only drawbacks but overall this is great for dry skin or for after sun lotion.