July 22, 2014 | 1375 users online

Highlighters - Smashbox - Soft Lights - Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

In my humble opinion, this is one of the best powder highlighters on the market right now. I cannot think of one flaw with this product.

First of all, the texture of this is VERY fine. It's almost like powdered silk! It picks up on a brush amazingly, and effortlessly glides across the skin. I recommend using a fan brush to dust this across the planes of your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose for a radiant, sculpted look. I also love applying this on my tear ducts and under my brow bones when I want my eyes to look bright and awake.

The color doesn't look like much in the pan.It's a nudish pink (almost like a pale champagne) shade with very fine shimmer. When the salesgirl first pointed it out to me I was iffy. However, after reading rave reviews, I decided to spring for it. Boy am I glad I did!

This highlighter is versatile enough to be worn on virtually EVERY skin tone (I've used it on many clients in my professional kit), and with every blush color and makeup look. It doesn't add much color when applied, just a soft, radiant glow like you are lit from within. And it does not look crazy or disco-ballish like some highlighters.

Another great thing about this highlighter is that Smashbox is VERY generous when it comes to quantity. This is the biggest pan ever for a highlighter so it will probably last forever!

Bottom line? I suggest this to anyone who is looking for a fool-proof powder highlighter that is guaranteed to be flattering!

BTW- This comes in a compact with a screw off lid, which many people don't like as it can be harder to access than compacts with attached lids that just open and snap shut. Just be careful that the lid is screwed all the way back on after each use.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my opinion the best highlighting powder on the market. So soft, subtle and pretty! Being oily I stayed away from most highlighters because they would add unwanted shine or I found they were too glittery but this is HG status. I put it on the apples of my cheeks and it makes any blush prettier and gives a radiant glow. It also photographs amazingly. Being oily I use a lot of mattifying powders and foundations so I don't look like an oil slick, this silky powder keeps my skin from looking totally dull and flat. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Simply the best h/l powder on the market. It really is too bad that Smashbox does not get much attention on blogs, etc., but a Sephora rep told me it is b/c it is an "artists" brand. Whatever that means.

So this is so silky it is a creamy powder, and it goes on not too heavy, all depending on the brush you use - I use a fan brush. I wear it all ove my face as the "lit from w/i" fdnt is not one I use re acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the amount of product that I need to apply to the top of my cheekbones and temples and nose bridge with a fan brush, this will last a while.
It gives a luminous glow, without being shimmery for my skin tone (Prescriptives Champagne). It does last awhile on my skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am not a h/l person, but after buying Mac Lightscapde MSFN, which looked white and chalky (horrible with NC25-30 skin) I decided to try something else. I use this sparingly, sometimes in place of blush right on my cheekbones for a "no m/u" look and it is great. I think it works becuase it is the color of skin, i.e. it has some pigment of yellowish tones to it, or champagne, where as Lightscapde is all out white. It is not cheap but will last forever as you really, really want to just make one pass with a lightly dusted brush with this one. I prefer this over the Guerlain balz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

I bought this on eBay thinking I'd just try it out. I've had it since January and I've seriously worn it every time I've worn makeup since then. I have very fair skin (NW20) and this is the best highlighter I've tried. I have Nars Albatross and I've used it maybe twice because it isn't very flattering on fair skin in my opinion. I will definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not normally one to wear highlighters... I tend to be oily and look shiny, they are just another step, blahblahblah. So when I originally tried this in a blush/highlight duo I got in a Smashbox set, I used it occasionally but wasn't hooked. Pretty champagne, not glittery highlighter. That all changed when I got pregnant and my skin was suddenly exceptionally clear but also exceptionally dull. Flat, lifeless, yuck. So I started swiping a bit onto my cheekbones, above my blush, and lo and behold, I liked it. People stopped me at work, in the OB's office, at the checkout counter in Target to tell me how radiant I was and how glowing my skin was... you know, because I was pregnant. I just smiled and thanked them and vowed to never again be without this highlighter. So yes, I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

AMAZING!!! it gives an amazing glow, i use it on my cheekbones. im so glad i purchased, i actually bought this at sephora on a whim. i was originally going to buy a MAC mineralized skin finish but the counter was soooo busy and most of the SAs were way too busy. $29 is really pricey but this has 20 grams which is A LOT and i feel like this will last a very long time. i apply with an angled brush. i definitley recommend this everyone, i feel this is suitable for all skintones. the only con would be the price and the screw-off lid, itd be easier if it were a compact. but its easy to deal with. :)

EDIT: don't reapply throughout the day, it ends up noticeable and chalky looking. i still love it, but i'm not sure about the lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. It is so versatile. I use it as a highlighter on the top of my cheekbones, brow bone, down my nose and on my cupids bow. I also use this as an eyeshadow, either on its own or as a base for other colours.
It is a great highlighter colour without being too frosty, itís not subtle, obviously, as it is a highlighter, but I would describe it more as a glimmer/shimmer rather than full on glitter disco ball. Some people here have said they use it as a blushÖI am puzzled! It has no blush like colours in it (#misleading!) It is average in price, I got mine for about $50 NZD, but it has lasted me for about 2 years and I still canít see the bottom of the pan.
However, I donít like the screw lid as I lost mine and now am lidless so I have to leave this at home! However, I do adore this product and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this for $10 on eBay as I was looking to expand my high lighter collection and this item came with high reviews on MUA. I was looking for a high lighter different from my usual go to pinks and silver shimmers and this one is awesome. I love the peach colour as it provides my complexion with a soft warm glow without being overly shimmery and obnoxious. I find the powder is quite creamy, smooth, and pigmented. Definitely a winner and I'm happy to have it in my collection.