September 19, 2014 | 1787 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by melissaet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was a lifesaver for me. LIFESAVER. I've been getting tons of acne the last few months as a result of going on birth control, so I've been using lots of acne treatments that dry out my skin, which is prone to dryness as it is. I was using Revlon Colorstay, which worked fine before my flaky lizard skin situation hit full force (although I still don't see why everyone raves about it... but that's another review) and the foundation would literally accentuate flakes and dry patches I couldn't even see before applying it!!! When I could no longer get a good finish out of it, even with my beautyblender, I threw it out, cried a little bit, watched a couple youtube videos on the best foundations for dry skin, and ran out to buy this one after hearing resounding praise for its coverage of dry skin. And I swear, this foundation is like finding water in a desert!!!!! It covers beautifully, doesn't accentuate dry patches, and stays on all day. Seriously, when I was at my driest I refused to put powder anywhere near my face, and this foundation STILL held up. Didn't pill up, oxidize, fade, rub off... Nothing. That said, this foundation won't give you full coverage, so if that's what you're expecting you will be disappointed. I honestly didn't even realize/care that the coverage was light to medium until I'd been admiring the finish in the mirror for a few minutes. It just made my overall face canvas look so radiant, I just didn't care that my acne was still showing through; it seemed better to do a lighter coverage foundation and apply concealer on top of it than to cake on a thick foundation that would just accentuate my dryness. Now I do have to say this was fairly expensive for a drugstore foundation - I got it for about $15 (!!!) at Rite Aid - but I've seen it for a little less at other stores so you probably just have to shop around a little bit rather than driving to the closest store through blinding tears like I did. And at any rate, I was considering caving and buying foundations that cost upwards of $40, so I feel like a responsible, money-saving adult having found this one first!!!! All in all, HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Jaytexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have been using this foundation for the past month and so far I'm love. I don't have much to cover but, minimal scarring due to high pigmentation, so it gets the job done. I do love that this foundation leaves a nice dewy finish. I apply a translucent powder afterwards and it leaves a beautiful matte finish. The highlight about this particular product is the color match which is very difficult to find for my olive yet pale skin tone. I do wish this was a pump dispenser because I tend to pour much more than needed and who likes wasted product? Amirite! :P

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to venture over to the States to pick up Neutrogena foundations as they aren't available to us Canadians. Neutrogena skincare has always been a staple in my routines, how bad can their face products be?

I have oily acne prone skin. I have never used a foundation that made me feel so greasy. I got this in "natural beige", my summer tanned tone. Coverage is medium, natural looking, very blendable. Doesn't break me out. I did say it made me FEEL greasy, but when I look in the mirror it's not so bad, looks like I've found the balance for dewy skin. I cannot handle how gross my face feels after a day spent wearing this. Though, I am perfectly happy to wear this to run errands or for less than 5 hours. I also am not a fan of the packaging, a pump would be nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation wasn't bad, it just wasn't great - for me. I have normal/dry skin and I just like trying different foundations (foundation hoarder). This foundation did have good coverage but it feels very wet & heavy to me... it definitely leaves a dewy finish, which I discovered I don't like. I did set it with powder but after a bit it would be dewy again. I feel like the shade I got was too dark also, so if I ever did decided to try this out again I would get it in the shade Nude which I think would be better for my light olive skin tone. The color selection is not so great. Longevity was ok, it was still there but definitely not as fresh looking after 8 hours. I guess I will stick with my matte foundations for now. I did exchange this for Revlon ColorStay Normal/Dry formula which I like much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been on the search for the perfect foundation for some time now, unfortunately, this is not it, but it's close. The built in sunscreen is nice, it takes a step out of my beauty routine, and the foundation does the job. While this is not the best foundation ever, it's the best I've found so far, and a dermatologist's assistant said it was a good foundation pick. Definitely give this product a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by enidfloress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love the neutrogena line and i've used 2 if their other foundations. i bought this for my graduation and figured the spf would do me good since it was going to take place outdoors. it covered my blemishes nicely and it didn't leave me oily even though it was hot out here in socal. however, i do not really recommend this for those who tend to get really oily. the color match was perfect and i loved that it is lightweight and buildable. i would definitely be purchasing this again! i do wish it came with a pump though, its really liquidy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by mkjersee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a foundation for dry skin. It goes on smoothly and will have a light shine, which can be brushed over with a light powder.
The price is good and for older beauty junkies does have skin benefits.
I have been using it awhile now, more so in the winter though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first time I wore this foundation it felt sticky & wet all day as if it never fully dried even with powder over top. It irritated my eyes even though I didn't put any on that area (too sensitive). I could see this working better for dry skin seeing as I have super oily skin (I didn't have high hopes for this anyway) but it does transfer & slide around a lot which I'm not sure even dry skinned ladies would want. All in all, this one is a dud.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by MeggieStrange

This is one of those love/hate relationships. I have combo skin and for my dry skin, this is amazing! If I had no oilyness, this would be my go to foundation. But unfortunately, the oilyness wants to ruin a perfectly good relationship by melting this off my face. Literally about an hour after I put this on, i start to see shine. And not the glowy nice kind.
If you have very dry skin, try this. Mature skin might benefit from this. It goes on very smoothly and has light to medium coverage. It can probably be built up to a full coverage. I got it to cover my rosy cheeks without looking cakey.
The shade range is lacking, especially for paler yellow tones.
I might save this for a winter foundation.
Nonetheless, its worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I bought this after years of wearing powder foundations. I didn't want something to break me out, and this didn't (Pro). This however, had no staying power and would literally melt off my face within about 2 hours (Con). It came in a bottle without a pump (Con). It turned slightly orange on my cool tone skin (Con). Coverage was light and didn't cover the redness on my cheeks or around my nose very well. It must be set with powder if you have any hopes of wearing it for more than an hour without it fading/disappearing/sliding off your face. Nope, I won't buy it again.