Smashbox Lipstick

3.9

on 8/10/2008 6:13:00 PM

Never again will I buy a drugstore lipstick! I bought Smashbox lipstick yesterday for the first time, and I love it! I actually read product reviews here on MUA, looking for a long-lasting lipstick. It's a bit much...$22.00 at ULTA, but if it stays on, I'll pay it. The color I chose is called "Magnetic", and it's beautiful! I also like the fact that Smashbox products are cruelty-free! Will definitely buy again...and again!

on 5/2/2008 2:19:00 PM

I have this in Charming and Sublime. Keeps my lips moisturized by itself. I love both shades, and the fact that the color is buildable. Definite recommendation for anyone.

on 2/27/2008 4:20:00 PM

I bought it in Prop, which is said to be a "creamy coral peach" from the smashbox website. When I got the item, the colour is by no means coral or peach, it's a very bright berry red and make me look 20 years older when I wear it. BEWARE of buying product from smashbox just by the description from the website because it's NOT the real thing! Any revlon lipstick (colorstay in 05 sheer blossom) will be much more moisturizing and cheaper! Up for swap!

on 10/12/2007 1:39:00 AM

i purchased this in 'elegant'. first of all, i LOVE shade. it's a warm honeyish nude, with the slightest touch of dusky pink/rose. i love it. as for the consistency and staying power---both decent. it goes on silky, is more moisturizing than most lipsticks, and is comfortable to wear. great for girls who aren't necessarily "lipstick" people.

on 7/29/2007 11:10:00 PM

Smashbox lipsticks aren't really moisturizing as they claim to be (they're not that dense either, somewhere inbetween) but the color lasts for a long time so I can't really complain. No scent either like their glosses which is always nice. Due to the fact these aren't really overly moisturizing, they're nice to pair with a glosscoat without feeling like your lips are over the top shiney.

The packaging has the same rubbery feeling like the tops of their lipglosses or how NARS packaging feels like. While it looks cute, it gets dirt pretty easily too depending on where you store it.

I went to a Smashbox counter at Nordstrom to get my makeup done for winter formal this year. The makeup artist applied lipstick, color Sublime, to my lips in addition to a sheer shimmery ligloss. I love the consistentsy of the lipstick. It feels light and stays on for awhile! It doesn't even feel like lipstick either, and it also shows up as a little glossy. I'm usually not a lipstick person at all, but I love this one! Definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great staying power, beautiful colors. Not too drying, but offers good coverage.
But what's with the smell? I can not stomach the sickly sweet vanilla scent.

on 5/27/2006 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have Smashing Divine, and it is probably my all time favorite lipstick. A beautiful dark red with just a hint of shimmer. Love it!

This is real lipstick. It is substantial, and really feels like you are putting something on your lips, and has some staying power. There is just something nice about putting something on your lips that has some gravitas. It reminds me of the lipstick that my mom had when i was a little girl, that i liked to get into and pilfer.

on 10/25/2005 7:49:00 PM

Smashbox lipsticks are for the lipstick connoisseur. If you are a slick of clear gloss girl then you might not appreciate them..but those of us who love lipstick rate them up there with Christian Dior and Guerlain in the Lipstick Hall Of Fame.

Some brands can be inconsistent, but I've never met a Smashbox lippie I didn't adore! I have stockpiles of my favourites... plus minis for my bag. I'm pretty committed!

Smashbox have an excellent selection of the kind of shades I like to wear so I have a few of 'em!(A-list, Orchid, Raspberry Kreme, Shade, Eden, Premier, Sequel, Closeup, Candid, Candle, Vibe, Pose, Nude... and probably more I can't remember!)

In addition, I like the texture, lack of taste and smell - and their long wear properties. They are easy to apply well and bottom line?_________________________________ I Look GOOOOD in them!

Recommended for Medium Skin