April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Sunscreen - Lancome - UV Expert SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by jenncherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 years now, and it's the only sunscreen I've tried that is not oily or sticky. Really just feels like a light moisturizer, which is great! I tried Clinique city block before this and couldn't deal with its texture. Really high SPF, UVA and UVB, makes me feel safe =)
I have repurchased, and will continue to repurchase, even though it's on the expensive side!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Itie

this product is amazing! I like the texture, n my skin felt so protected using this one. The only thing I regret is the price, very expensive and within one year period the price is increased by 25%, too much I suppose.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by apgoh2

I received this as a sample from Lancome.

While i do like the fact that it comes up to SPF50, however.... living in an all year round tropical climate, this sunscreen is too oily !

True that it serves as a makeup base and gives a nice glow when first applied however, my T-zone tends to get oilier as the day goes by.

This would be for you if u have normal or dry skin....for those with combination (like me) or oily skin, I guess you wouldn't like this too much ~

Personally, Biore has came up with a milk sunscreen *also SPF 50* and feels practically nothing when in contact with skin. Amazing Japanese technology !!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the new UV Expert Neuroshield spf 50 pa +++. This sunscreen was reformulated in either 2007 or 2008, and the old name was DNA Shield. The active ingredients are Meroxyl XL and SX. I've been using this almost everyday for about a month. I have combo skin.

This sunscreen has a very light lotion like texture. It looks white when first squeezed from the bottle, but becomes transparent when applied to the face. The finish is nonoily and somewhat dewy. It is not mattifying so this might be too rich for those with super oily skin.

Pro: does not clog pores (big yay!), does not make me breakout. Nonoily yet moisturizing.

Con:
* too expensive. The cheapest I can find is $35 for 30ml. If I use the recommended 1/4tsp per day everyday this will last me only 1 month.
* when I use 1/4 tsp there is a slight shine and feels a little sticky. However these can be easily solved with a little powder.
* although this has meroxyl XL and SX, I read somewhere that the ppd is only about 10. Lancome doesn't disclose % of the active ingredients so I have no idea what the ppd really is.

Overall I really like the look and feel of the sunscreen and I think it is almost HG for non summer season. So far my experiences with sunscreen have been either too oily (most Euro ones) or too drying (most Japanese ones). This one however feels perfect, non oily yet keeps me skin hydrated. However I will not repurchase because it is too expensive for me. I cannot afford to keeping buying this. For those who thinks prices is not a big issue, definitely give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by sweetlily79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried so many sunscreens in search for the perfect one but I always keep coming back to my Lancome Neuroshield spf 50 PA +++. I have dry sensitive skin and this sunblock is perfect for everyday wear and extreme conditions.

Firslty it is the only sunscreen I have used which doesn't dry out my skin. I can go from being outside in hot humid weather, to walking into a strongly airconditioned building and my skin stays moist and comfortable unlike most other sunscreens which irritate me and makes my skin feel itchy when I switch from a humid environment to a dry one.

The colour is white and it has a light to medium consistency but it doesn't leave a white cast on the skin like many other sunscreens. It does leave the skin a little shiny afterwards so powder or makeup after is a must.

I have tried the equivalent L'oreal UV spf 50 but it just doesn't have the same feel to it. It feels more heavy on the skin and leaves it far more shiny than the Lancome one. So I think it's worth it to spend extra for the Lancome one.

My review is for the new UV Expert Neuroshield spf 50 pa +++. The older version is the "DNA Shield" and the texture is not as nice as the newer "Neuroshield".

****
Update 22 Nov 2009:

I have now switched to the "UV Expert Neuroshield SPF30 PA++". The reason I switched is because I'm starting to get concerned about using SPF50 every day and what all those chemicals are doing to my skin. So, considering I don't go outside much I think spf30 is fine for me for daily use. The texture is a little lighter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Lancome UV EXPERT NEUROSHIELD
High Potency Active Protection 12H UV-Pollution SPF 50 PA+++ Transparent Version (30ml tube bottle). This is a creamy but lightweight sunscreen that provides moisture at the same time. After two months of using it, I experienced comfortable results and found that it maintained clear skin. The finish is only slightly slithery, but layering on powder on top mattifies skin surface with no problem. It also stayed true to its word of being a potent sun protection agent.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have tried quite a few other spf 50+++ sunscreen such as vichy (light, easy fluid), Garnier (drying), etc.

This is okay for me, over time I do get fairer face than my neck (i hav to start applying more on my neck too from now onwards). It's not greasy but does leaves a little sheen on my face, which doesn't bother me much as I always powder my face. But you don't use makeup, you may find it a little shiny for your liking.

There's nothing fantastic about this, and based on the price and the fact that it's from the Loreal family, I will try the loreal new SPF 50 sunscreen next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2008 7:32:00 AM More reviews by kikipur

This is my HG sunscreen! I used this since I was in high school, experimenting with other sunscreens but coming back to this one every time! It is light but still moisturizing, and gives an unexpected glow to your skin. It doesn't make my face "WHITE" like many other products do. It is a bit pricey still it's definately worth it. Actually I am getting kinda bored of using the same stuff for so long but I can't switch to other sunscreens 'cause I feel so safe with this one.
Oh well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by lamour921

I don't think this is a good sunscreen at all. It is too thick and it leaves a visible white cast on my face that does not go away! So ugly! And it feels heavy. Today's my first day wearing it, and I'm actually thinking about going home during lunch just so I can wash my face and apply my regular Olay moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2007 9:54:00 AM More reviews by lamb1444

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did not care for this product. For the price and the mexoryl I expected perfection. Highly disappointed. It's Greasy and leaves and unusual (discolored) cast. This is not for me! I have decided to use this on my arms, shoulders and legs until the bottle is finished.