Dior Miss Dior

on 10/2/2013 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This perfume is a treat. Intricate and enchanting it draws you in and as the hours pass it just melts into your skin and changes subtly with your chemistry. Its expensive there is no way around it but 2 squirts go a long way. I plan on buying this for years to come. It smells so amazing.

The perfume scent is amazing. It is one of my absolute favorites. The scent is very sweet and innocent. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because it doesn't last all night or all day. The fragrance is subtle so if you like to spray once in the morning and have it last all day, this may not work for you since you may have to re-spritz after a couple of hours. But OMG It smells A-MAZ-ING!!!!

on 7/30/2013 10:44:00 PM

Not the same as it used to be!!! I wore this YEARS ago and always loved it. But, I recently ordered a bottle and it is just not the same. It used to be deep, woodsy, sexy but now it is powdery and lighter. Wish I could find the original!

This review is for the new Miss Dior eau de parfum, i think it was released in 2012.

I think this perfume smells really lovely. It smells sweet and elegant. Natalie Portman is a really good spokesperson for this perfume, because when u smell Miss Dior EDP, u imagine someone like her, a young lady in her 20s/early 30s, who's beautiful in a classy womanly way, not in a teenybopper way and not in a femme fatale way. Doesn't that sound just like Natalie? :)

It's definitely one of my favourite scents, and my bf really likes it too. (Somehow we have similar tastes, fortunately!) I don't get why some people go on and on about how Miss Dior Cherie (the older version) is so much better, i think they're biased because they tried and loved Miss Dior Cherie first. I slightly prefer Miss Dior Cherie, because I'm very girly and like very sweet scents. But they're on the same high level. If I gave MDC a 9, i'd give Miss Dior EDP an 8.5. They both smell gorgeous.

on 7/22/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own the original vintage glass bottle of this Miss Dior pure perfume. I got this when I was 19 when I flew from England back home to Hong Kong by British Airways. At 19 back then (I am now 45), I already knew that it is precious to pick up this perfume while I could get it duty free on the plane. I got this perfume at 15ml (very concentrate) together with a 30ml Eau De Gucci bottle, which is also now became a rare vintage.

Both perfumes stood the test of time. Even now, they are still in great condition and the scents stayed put all these years (I stored them well), also due to their potency.

I love Miss Dior, it smells a little strong for the first 2 minutes during wearing. In a few moments, the warmth of our skin transforms it into a classy, warm, smooth and comforting scent and stay for the rest of the day. It works with a lot of women's body chemistry. A few dabs are all I need - It last me ALL THESE YEARS! I only wear this on very special occasions throughout these years. I would say this is not for too suitable to wear on a hot humid summer day, more for fall to winter, or early spring kind of perfume.

I went to Sephora to check out their recent version of Miss Dior perfume - bottle looks the same - but the smell is more dilute & sweet, not the same like the original vintage version....too bad! I would definitely buy it again if the scent improves more like its original.

on 5/15/2013 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got the eau de parfum . I had high expectations, but this perfume is really not suited to the hot humid climate I live in here in Malaysia. Its too warming and strong, I should have gotten the eau de toilette. Definitely can't can't wear it to the office. Perhaps this is more suited to colder climates.

on 3/25/2013 10:32:00 PM

This review is for the *new* Miss Dior that is part Miss Dior Cherie now. The first time I smelled Miss Dior I smelled the Eau Fraiche version and I hated it. It smelled very...old lady ish. Once I smelled the Eau de Parfum I fell in love. It does NOT smell old lady ish, instead it reminds me a bit of Black Amethyst from BBW, but also a bit Chanel like. Grown up, but not "mature". It makes me feel fancy. I know that sounds silly, but it makes me feel so grown up =) I bought the 1oz bottle for $70 which is pricey, but seeing as I already used up 1/4 in the last few weeks I see it was well worth it! I'm not a huge fan of the weird bow cap, but I will gladly put up with it. It smells lovely and I recommend that everyone go and try this new version of Miss Dior!

on 3/5/2013 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is by far my favorite perfume and will continue being my favorite.

At first, I did not like the smell because it smelled like a strong, old lady perfume.
But, knowing that the name had a "miss" in it, and was most likely made for younger women, and also knowing that this was a very popular smell, I decided to give it a try.

This stuff is great. The staying power is good, and the smell is much better worn than in the bottle. I have gotten many compliments from peers as well, and they range from teens to early twenties. It does not smell like old lady perfume on a person.

My older sister, who is not interested in fragrances at all, said that someone "smelled pretty". Even my dad, who usually wrinkles his nose at smells thought it was nice. Aside from my family, my sorority sisters also always wonder who smells so lovely.

It gives off a subtle smell, and it causes more like a whiff of nicely scented air when I walk past. It is really a lovely smell. Would definitely buy again.

I do, however, believe I have the original formula. It has lasted because it sat in the dark cupboard, unopened since my mother received it from her mother when she was very young. I have heard that since then the perfume has been reformulated and is not as good. However, if it is not that different, the high price-tag is definitely worth it.

on 1/5/2013 11:16:00 PM

I used to wear the original Miss Dior approximately 30 years ago and I loved it. Purchased some recently and it is definitely not quite the same, wouldn't buy again. And don't get me started on the horrid "Cherie" version which is sickeningly sweet.

on 10/24/2012 5:41:00 PM

I wanted to like this, but it reminds me of something a grandmother would wear. I think you might be able to get away with it as a teenager (or a grandmother), but the sweet, floral, powdery notes don't have any seductive or professional connotations, and I think fragrances for young women should fall into one of those two camps. It also smells very "perfumey" and seems likely to induce a headache. I can understand why people like this, because it smells "nice," like a flower, but it's not for me. I do enjoy some floral fragrances like Coach Poppy, which has a more delicious and sophisticated edge.

Popular Fragrances