August 22, 2014 | 1287 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This review is for the *new* Miss Dior that is part Miss Dior Cherie now. The first time I smelled Miss Dior I smelled the Eau Fraiche version and I hated it. It smelled very...old lady ish. Once I smelled the Eau de Parfum I fell in love. It does NOT smell old lady ish, instead it reminds me a bit of Black Amethyst from BBW, but also a bit Chanel like. Grown up, but not "mature". It makes me feel fancy. I know that sounds silly, but it makes me feel so grown up =) I bought the 1oz bottle for $70 which is pricey, but seeing as I already used up 1/4 in the last few weeks I see it was well worth it! I'm not a huge fan of the weird bow cap, but I will gladly put up with it. It smells lovely and I recommend that everyone go and try this new version of Miss Dior!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 10:24:00 AM More reviews by masamim10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is by far my favorite perfume and will continue being my favorite.

At first, I did not like the smell because it smelled like a strong, old lady perfume.
But, knowing that the name had a "miss" in it, and was most likely made for younger women, and also knowing that this was a very popular smell, I decided to give it a try.

This stuff is great. The staying power is good, and the smell is much better worn than in the bottle. I have gotten many compliments from peers as well, and they range from teens to early twenties. It does not smell like old lady perfume on a person.

My older sister, who is not interested in fragrances at all, said that someone "smelled pretty". Even my dad, who usually wrinkles his nose at smells thought it was nice. Aside from my family, my sorority sisters also always wonder who smells so lovely.

It gives off a subtle smell, and it causes more like a whiff of nicely scented air when I walk past. It is really a lovely smell. Would definitely buy again.

I do, however, believe I have the original formula. It has lasted because it sat in the dark cupboard, unopened since my mother received it from her mother when she was very young. I have heard that since then the perfume has been reformulated and is not as good. However, if it is not that different, the high price-tag is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to wear the original Miss Dior approximately 30 years ago and I loved it. Purchased some recently and it is definitely not quite the same, wouldn't buy again. And don't get me started on the horrid "Cherie" version which is sickeningly sweet.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

I wanted to like this, but it reminds me of something a grandmother would wear. I think you might be able to get away with it as a teenager (or a grandmother), but the sweet, floral, powdery notes don't have any seductive or professional connotations, and I think fragrances for young women should fall into one of those two camps. It also smells very "perfumey" and seems likely to induce a headache. I can understand why people like this, because it smells "nice," like a flower, but it's not for me. I do enjoy some floral fragrances like Coach Poppy, which has a more delicious and sophisticated edge.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 6:24:00 AM More reviews by glitteradi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I find this very bland and suitable for young girls rather than women. I do like it still, it is very easy to wear and is probably unlikely to disturb anyone at all. However it seems too similar to other stuff that is popular now. It is light and sweet and flowery and it does not have much character. However I like it because it makes an excellent "sleeping fragrance". I wear it to bed and Ill sleep well. If I try to sleep with something like Anais Anais or Red Door. no can do, because these fragrances are so full of character that they simply make me restless while Miss Dior is soothing and comforting with it non offensive notes. However, I possibly would not wear it on daytime, because it would put me right to sleep.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by thelifeofthemind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a pretty bottle, and the scent is light and sweet. However, it is a mature scent (do not confuse it with Cherie), and reminds me of Chanel Chance. I bought both at the same time and noticed how similar they were. Great to wear for any occasion and has good lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by croatiansweetie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite perfume. I didnt even know that it was ancient i smelled it in a magazine and was like wooow what is this scent not too sweet.. not to anything.. just PERFECT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I LOVE this! It certainly blows the cobwebs out, as they say of a windy day here! It is bracing and seizes you by the throat initially! This is the scent of an independant woman who takes nonsense from noone! It reminds me of one of my French teachers - she terrified us into submission but she knew her stuff and got the job done! My only complaint is that it seems to fade too quickly! (Or maybe it just kills my sense of smell dead!) Oversprayed, you will lose the lining of your nose and induce headaches. Use sparingly, but what a blast! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for the vintage, a sample from a very generous MUAer who is to kind to share. Ohhhhhh, my mom gave me this as a teen. All the girls were wearing Chantilly or something vanilla and cheap and she insisted I wear the fragrance for a young LADY.
This begins sharp and one cringes and shakes her head, oH, what happened to my scent! Then it begins to change and change and change. Warm, lady like, but with a kick. Yep! Mom was right, even at my old age of 68, still like it. Why did I not keep some of it? LOL, a question we 'fumistas are continually asking ourselves. LOL

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review of parfum, purchased in 2011.

A friend on leave in France picked this up for me. I can only imagine how breathtaking the original fragrance was -- I'm sure this is but a ghost in comparison. It's a woody chypre with, on me, a warm rose heart. What I really love about this perfume is the way it lingers close to the skin. I am, at this time of this writing, about 13 hours post-application and the scent is still sweetly there. A true classic. I hope some day to experience it vintage.

The notes are as follows: Top Note -- Gardenia, Galbanum, Bergamot, Clary Sage. Middle Note -- Jasmine, Narcissus, Neroli, Rose. Base Note -- Patchouli, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Sandal.

ETA 01/2012: I chanced upon something labelled "Miss Dior" in Sephora. It is bottled like Miss Dior Cherie. This is NOT the same. The stuff in Sephora smelled like a dupe of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle and it's all very confusing. Whatever it is, it's not the same as this.