November 29, 2014 | 907 users online

Deodorants - Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this in the unscented version. I am always reluctant to purchase unscented deodorant, because armpits in and of themselves don't smell good. This deodorant takes 10 minutes to dry, which I would have been able to get past if it worked well. However, it doesn't. After my usual day of housework (definitely active, but not a vigorous workout), I stunk. I don't think I smelled any better having used this deodorant than I would have if I had forgotten deodorant altogether. So far, the only success I've had is with Dove clinical.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

Ok, I'll start off on a little bit about myself. My dad's side of the family has extremely bad body odor and I happen to get this from my dad. (Lucky me). I am not joking when I am claiming that I smell. My armpits are constantly sweating even when it's cold. I used to get made fun of by family members because of how bad it is. I've tried basically everything in the drugstore and the deodorants could not mask the odor. When trying the clinical ones I ended up having a rash so I decided to go the natural route. All the natural ones I've tried did not work as I would immediately start smelling after five minutes of application.

I decided to Google other natural deodorants and stumbled across this as I wanted to continue searching for a natural deodorant that would work. Besides, what do I got to lose? I've tried a ton already, might as well try another. After being disappointed so many times I didn't have high hopes of this working. Surprisingly it really does work! Even after a long day of work there's only a slight bit of odor but that's not bad at all. The application process is a bit of a pain in the ass. It goes on wet and you have to wait for it to dry which takes a while. The scent isn't the most pleasant when applied onto the skin. Other than that I don't have any other complaints. Deodorants works differently for everybody so I suggest others to give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by click

I heard such good things about this, so I searched it out and bought it the lavender one (which was the only one the store had). I'm not impressed with it, though. It's watery and the wet wet wet application takes forever to dry. It smells awful on its own (while in the bottle AND once applied to my underarms), but mixed with sweat it's a deadly combo of stink. Thankfully I had the sense to try it around the house a few times rather than wearing it to work or the gym or something!

Continuing the search for an effective odor fighter...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first natural deodorant I've tried. I don't like the idea of sprays (since I like the option of wearing a shirt when I apply) and while a lot of creams looked nice, I wanted something I could pick up in my local store.
Overall, I do like this & I think it works well. I actually apply this less than conventional deodorants because I smell less. I can go 2 days on one application & still smell fine. When I first apply I notice a slight smell that might be the lavender but IDK. It's not offensive either way.
I would not reapply because there are so many more natural deos that I want to try. But if I lost it and had to get something right away from the local health food store, I would pick this up again

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by kalihi1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let's start with a couple negatives:

1. It's really really watery - The first time I put it on, I was surprised at how watery it was. It ran down like water. So I had to tap tap away the excess with tissue.

2. I purchased the cucumber green tea scent and when you smell it straight from the bottle it does smell like cucumbers, but once you put it on your skin, it just smells like sugar. Which isn't a bad thing, just not what I expected.

So I don't use this under my arms, I actually use it behind my neck and under my breasts. If you ask why my neck and under my breasts?? Well I work long days WITH kids and I sweat a lot. For some reason my body odor is pronounced in those areas, NOT my underarms. I can go days without using deodorant under my arms without even getting any body odor. That's just my body chemistry I guess.

I LOVE this stuff. It keeps my stinky areas under wraps. They offer various kinds of scents and I'm planning on trying the others. I paid less than $4 online. Plus, it's all natural!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am constantly on the look out for a new deodorant since many either stop working for me or do nothing to control odor. I decided to go the natural route and bought this from Wholefoods. I have the scent in cucumber and green tea. First thing I noticed is that it smells horrible. It is not my cup of tea. Has a very earthy smell to it so I think I will get the unscented or lavender one next time. However this kept odor away even after a long walk and that is impressive for me. I have no problems with application. I just do one to two quick swipes, allow it to dry for a couple of minutes while I brush my teeth, apply makeup, etc, then get dressed. This is only a deodorant and will not protect against wetness so I would probably layer with one that does. I really like it so far and hope it works out more during the summer. Will update soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by CyborgAnnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

FINALLY! Finally found a deodorant that works. The usual commercail mainstream products would leave me with a funk mid/late day. May be my chemistry? I had been using plain baking soda which worked well, but a bit messy. This has a tendency to stay wet if you apply it heavily. If I do I just pat it with my fingers or a cloth. This works really well, can be found a lot of places and is only aroun $3. I'm so happy with this, finally!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Protects well against odor. NO aluminum. Works better for me than The Body Shop's natural deodorant and the Crystal rock one. Price is right, especially at vendors like Vitacost. I don't understand some reviewers not realizing that there is a difference between deodorant and antiperspirant. This product is not supposed to lessen your amount of sweat. It is supposed to protect you from that sweat having odor.

CONS: The packaging is not good in that it disperses way too much product onto the armpit if I use the packaging as intended. If I let that much product go on to my skin, it takes too long to dry. (I just make sure I put very little onto the armpit skin and then use my hand to spread it around to the rest of my armpit.) I just wipe off the remainder on my hand onto some tissue or rinse it off in the sink. It's not that big of a deal because it doesn't leave a sticky or bad film on my hand if I'm not near a sink or tissue. In fact, if it stays on my hand, I would not be able to tell the difference.

APPLICATION TIPS: (see "CONS" above.) Shake before each use!!! Also, for times when I need added protection to stop sweating, I will use Secret's unscented Clinical at night. I then use a moisturizing body wash to get it all of in the shower in the morning. Then I apply as I described in "CONS" above. Perfection.

ALTERNATES: Crystal rock or some name like that The Body Shop has natural deodorants that have scents with them, but in my opinion, this works a lot better.

EDIT: This is working so great for me still.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is literally the ONLY natural deo that works for me and my husband! We have tried LUSH, Tom's, other liquid rocks, this one works! I love the lavender scent, my hubby uses patchouli, and it lasts all day. Amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by lulu94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first natural non-antiperspirant deodorant I tried. I still use it - in combination with my lavanila deodorant. I found that this does a pretty good job of deodorizing. But if I was especially active, or just by the end of a long day, I would start to get a little stinky. My boyfriend made sure to tell me so lol. Underneath the lavanila though (vanilla lavender scent), I stay confidently fresh all day. It is a bit of a pain in the butt to put on in the morning because I have to plan the rest of my morning routine around my deodorant, which is a little absurd, ha. It just takes sooo long to dry - I apply this and then apply all of my makeup and straighten and curl my hair before it is close to drying. Then when it is dry or almost dry I apply the lavanila and then get dressed. So yeah it is a bit of a pain but it is worth it to not worry about stinking and not be contaminating a sensitive area of my body with poison/blocking sweat from releasing those poisons.