Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very partial to higher end cosmetics (you really DO get what you pay for.) But even drugstore brands come out with a product every once in a while that's a very pleasant surprise. I use Estee Lauder's pure color blush . . . I really like it, but the size of it is a little too big and clunky. After reading some reviews I decided to give the cheeker's blush from Covergirl a try. I had wanted to buy the peachy shade, but the Rose Silk was all they had, and I didn't mind the color, so I bought it.

I'm not sure if I'd use this blush by itself, but when used as a touch-up later in the day it's magic. Whether I go with a bronzer, a peachy blush, or a rose blush in the morning, this Rose Silk cheekers touches any color up beautifully. It makes my cheeks look like I've just come in the door from a crisp outdoor stroll . . . totally natural, and totally beautiful. There is a cinnamon-type scent to the blush, but I happen to like it. But for anyone who is allergic to fragrances this may not be the product for you.

The price is great, the size is incredibly compact, and the brush is easy to use. I'll definitely be purchasing this again.

This is one of Cover Girl's better products. Provides a very nice wash of color that doesn't streak.
I must say that Cover Girl was a better company with better products when Noxell owned it and before Proctor and Gamble bought it.

on 12/23/2013 10:42:00 AM

Very pleasantly surprised by this blush. I've been wearing it frequently, layered over a nude blush like Benefit Rockateur or Kat Von D Truth. It addes just enough pinky/peach with a slight sheen. I don't even need to add a highlighter because this blush does it all. Formulation is nice - appears hard and dry in the pan, but once you put your brush into it, it's very pigmented and little to no fall-out. I don't think I'd recommend the shimmery shades to someone who has extremely oily skin because it might just make you look extra oily, but for my dry, winter skin, it's beautiful. Will be picking up more shades in the near future.

on 10/25/2013 10:35:00 PM

Just got this today and already this it's going to be a staple. I realize I don't wear enough blush, worried of looking over done. But this just gives that healthy pop of natural color. Love this blush and love that it still has that Noxema smell.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a BEAUTIFUL blush that really looks and feels great on the face. It looks especially gorgeous paired with dewy foundation. The packaging is quite cheap but the product itself is wonderful.

Another tip...I recommend you watch "gossmakeupartist" video on youtube on how to apply blush. I realized I have been applying blush wrong my whole life and application is everything if you want to get the most of your makeup!
Here's the link:

Hope I helped! Xo

on 4/24/2013 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Closest ds DUPE for NARS orgasm! Super blendable, soft and pigmented enough for my NC25 skin (may not show up on darker skin tones unlike the infamous HE one). Appears as a pearly cool toned pink sheen on me that gives a flushed glow. Absolutely love this, my most used blush in the winter especially.

on 3/26/2013 11:41:00 PM

I think Covergirl's Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk is a great product. When stumbling upon it, I was searching for a cheap light pink blush with a powder texture. This was the best I could find in the drug store. The packaging scared me at first because it was a little confusing. I eventually figured out how to close it and it was fine. The blush does have a fragrance but it is not too overbearing. It is actually quite pleasant. The color payoff is phenomenal. Maybe too good... Even if it looks like there is little product on the blush brush, there is a ton. So blending may be necessary for some. I definetly need to blend even more so every time using this blush. I feel like my acne acts up a bit when I do have this blush on. Nothing too extreme though. I usually stay away from Covergirl from past experiences with their products but I would pick this blush up again even though it isn't a very light color. It's still very nice and is worth a try. :)

on 3/26/2013 5:27:00 PM

Cheekers has been on MUA reviews for 10 years, and in stores a lot longer. The original idea of Cheekers from Cover Girl was to have your blush with you in a small, portable case including the brush. CG created several shades and presently there are 18, so you can have as many as you need for different moods and color schemes without breaking your piggy bank. This review is for Rose Silk, which I would say is my perfect every day and night shade. It's sheer, buildable color lasts all day until it's time to wash you face, or all through a long night. There is no glitter or sparkle! Just a natural-looking glow that blends into your skin whether it's bare or you're wearing foundation. The fragrance is reminiscent of Noxzema, with eucalyptus leaf oil and clove flower oil. I actually like the fragrance and it dissipates after a while on your face. The brush is handy to have if you don't want to carry a full-sized blush brush or brush set while traveling, although the rectangle blush pan makes it a little difficult to just touch a blush brush like a round or square. I just swirl my regular blush brush around on the color and it works well. You can always save the little brush for blending small areas, like eyeshadow. I have blue eyes, a neutral skin tone that looks great in cool colors and this shade is just so pretty and natural. I get a kick out of it being a dupe for Nars Orgasm, at a fraction of the cost! I will definitely repurchase this little drugstore gem time and again! UPDATE: I hit pan a long while ago and decided I couldn't live without my Rose Silk, despite also owning CG Iced Cappuccino, Pretty Peach, the plum trio and an old peach/rust trio, plus my other blushes. I recently repurchased and am cheering up my winter face with the universal delicate prettiness of this natural-looking shade. NEW: CG no longer has the Noxema fragrance, now I can't detect any fragrance, so if that was a reason to not love these before, you should try again.

on 2/2/2013 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using Cover Girl blushes for over 20 years. Rose silk gives such a nice natural rosy flush to my cheeks. The color lasts and you can't beat the price. I pay $4 at Walmart. There's a good reason CG cheekers are a classic.

on 12/4/2012 10:13:00 PM

After reading a ton of positive MUA reviews about this blush, I decided to give it a try. Verdict: no regrets!
This blush is lovely. It has a very buildable, natural colour to it, which I think is great.
Secondly, it stays on all day (at least for me).

I don't mind the smell, though from many reviews I've seen on here, a lot of people can't stand it. Once it's on my face, I can't smell it, and that's all that matters.

I also don't mind the brush, unlike the majority of reviewers. It gets the job done adequately, which is all I'm really looking for.

Overall, I think this was a great purchase. I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.

Popular Blush Products