MAC Bronzer in Golden

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

First of all - this is a great bronzer. But unfortunately I'm too tanned to use it (I'm a NC25). It shows up on my skin, but it doesn't really do much of a different. I have to use such an amount that it can look a little cakey or unnatural. But for those fair skin ladies I would definitely recommend this! :-)

This is a good bronzer if you have fair skin. I am nw15, and this is a good match for me, it looks natural. I think the packaging is nice and the mirror inside is very handy. But seeing as you pay quite a lot I would expect nice packaging. Seems to last all day when I wear it. Easy to apply. The only reason I only gave it 4 is maybe because the texture is quite matte, but then that's what you get from a powder.

on 1/26/2013 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

This has been my bronzer of choice for the past couple of weeks. By no means is it perfect, the texture is a little chalky and I do have to really swirl my brush in the pan a couple of times to pick up some colour, but essentially, I love the 'golden' shade. It's actually impossible to over-apply this bronzer, which is great because sometimes I have a tendency to get a bit slap-happy with my brush. There is no orange to the bronzer whatsoever, you won't look dirty or muddy at all. It's not matte, there are some sparkles, but since I wear another blush over the top it doesn't matter to me. I apply it to my cheeks and tip of my nose for that sunkissed look. If you're super fair-skinned, I think you'd like this, it just about shows up on my NC25 skintone, so anyone NC30 or more, don't get this bronzer.

on 11/10/2012 12:59:00 AM

I HATE this bronzer. This was the first bronzer I ever purchased, and I had very high hopes for it. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get anything out of the pan. I thought at first that it might just be too light for me. But I'm barely a NW20, and if this bronzer is too light for me, there's something seriously wrong here! I hope that I just got a bad pot, but it's too expensive to have that happen. At around $40 australian dollars, I will never purchase this mess again!!

on 10/11/2012 4:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am an NC35 and this was the first bronzer I ever bought after being helped by the SA at Mac when I was 17. When i was younger this was my HG bronzer since you can barely see this bronzer on your face and it gives off a more subtle natural glow especially with the slight shimmer it has. I loved this so much that I've bought and completely used 3 in this color. Presently I don't think I will be buying this again since I tend to use bronzer more as a contour now and this is way too light for my skin. I must admit that over the years I've started using more and more makeup and trying out new products and though I loved this when I was younger it just doesn't work for me anymore. I do remember that when I would use this everyday it would start to clog my pores so I had to use it minimally and switch to Fresh's Face Luster in Marbella Gold, which is sadly discontinued. Now I'll use either Mac MSF in Medium Dark or Too Faced Soleil Bronzer.

on 5/19/2012 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Golden is a soft muted golden brown bronzer with a hint of small glitters inside. It's not noticable when applied to contour, and the colour is a subtle nude brown on my fair-medium skin, nothing orange-y. It contours well and not over-the-top, and it works well to contour my nose as well. After applying this, i look like I have a really subtle tan, just like a natural sunkissed face. lovely.

Edited:
It hit the pan after 2 weeks as I constantly applied it to my face and all over my body for a fake tan - and it was totally broken with all powder scattering all over my laps when I opened it. I was like, OMG! Maybe I should have kept it in a compact makeup case.

on 4/15/2012 8:11:00 PM

Best bronzer I have. I have tried about 3 different kinds and they usually show up too dark, too light or just not right. This one is perfect! One thing though to note is it leaves LOTS of sparkles behind. I kiss my nephew all the time on his cheeks and he ends up sparkly...fortunately he's only one so its not too big of a deal...but be weary if you are to put on BEFORE getting dressed...you may want to caution yourself

on 3/21/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don't usually wear bronzer (I usually just contour with a dark blush), but I saw this sitting on my sister's counter and decided to give it a try. Overall, I really like it. I have very fair skin (NC15-20) and this gives a great color. Obviously, be careful not to put on too much, or you will orange and muddy. A light dusting of this on the forehead and cheekbones really makes you look more awake! The only reason I'm giving this 4 instead of 5 is because of the shimmer and I think you could find a cheaper alternative.

on 2/11/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

A bronzer that doesn't turn me orange! Score. Don't need a lot of product and definitely use a huge big face brush to apply it, gives the most even, natural effect. I just take a tiny bit and swipe it over my entire face, neck and down a bit. It feels like I'm barely putting it on but then when I glance in the mirror later in the day I think 'Hey, I look quite healthy today'.

Update: I have discovered another way to use this bronzer when I asked the MAC sales girl for a contouring powder! She just used this one, with a blusher brush, to sweep a tiny bit under my cheekbone and topped my cheeks with Style blush. Very nice 'sculpted' effect and since I already had this product I didn't need to buy anything :)

on 2/8/2012 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Lovely soft bronzer for those who want a realistic glow. This does show up faintly on my NC 44 skin, but looks amazing on fairer shades. My biggest gripe is that it is not finely milled; the particles are very large when the compact is swept. It does buff in for a more refined look, but if you like a more finely milled bronzer, try the Mineralize Skinfinish Naturals.

Top Rated MAC Products