Make Up For Ever Eye shadows

4.4

on 8/29/2012 10:03:00 AM

Well...over all I do love their eye shadows! The color selection is amazing! But it is very "out there" not really every day wear. But the colors are very pigmented, very strong and noticible. I used to wear it a lot when it first came out but not so much anymore. The packaging is a bit hard to open as well, every time have to push it open really hard. I will re-purchase if I need another crazy color which I can't find in cheaper stores.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I was going to be in the bridal party for a wedding, but didn't want to get my make up done by a make up artist. I had heard some really good things about make up forever and their products so I decided to treat myself to a make up lesson and some new products.

I had never used make up forever's eye shadows previously, but now I am converted. However, that being said it took me a few times to practice applying them correctly. Like some of the previous reviews said, a little bit goes a long way. I would definitely just apply a little bit first then build from there if you want a more intense color. When I practiced putting on my make up the first few times I was way too generous in my application and it just didn't look right. Try al light touch first and then build carefully from there and that helped a lot.

I am also happy to say that the shadows STAY PUT all day. My eye make up for the wedding went the distance from 7AM all the way to 11PM at night so I am happy with that aspect of them as well. Also I appreciate that their matte colors are truly matte and the more shimmery colors are not overly so either.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I thought I wanted really pigmented e/s's, but these just go to far. The darker colors are impossible to put on evenly, where your brush falls on the lid or upper lid is always going to be darker, you can't blend it into the rest of the area you want to color. The light colors can look chalky, a lot of them are really blushes they sell as e/s, and they feel like blushes, driers, etc. In fact, these are just dry e/s's period and not easy to blend, tend to be chalky,etc. Maybe if you are a m/u artist you can use them but I gave up, went back to Mac, but just the MATTE2 formula - their best along with Veluxe.

on 1/29/2012 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have the matte 156 and I am in love with it. It looks amazing on the brow bone area especially if you have dark skin. It is so pigmented so I only have to use a little bit of it.

It's not that much more expensive than mac and in my opinion it's a better quality. I would definitely repurchase this colour again.

The packaging is crappy. I get it's black and simple but for the price at least add an eyeshadow applicator. Dior is just as as good in terms of pigmentation and you can buy the quads for cheaper price. As far as I know they are both from France. I wish MUF would change their packaging since average people can buy it now.

on 10/7/2011 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this shadow in Black 4, for lining my eyes, so I cannot comment on it as an actual shadow.

Packaging: Poor. It is a slim little case that closes firmly, but seems almost flimsy. For $20, I would usually expect a mirror or at least a thicker, more sturdy case.

Product: This shadow is a very dark matte black, which I dab over my gel liners to make them darker and fill in gaps on my lashline with a flat liner brush. The shadow lasts quite a long time and is very finely milled and smooth.

Price: The product is of very fine quality, but for $20 I expected a mirror or at least a cheap applicator. :(

on 9/10/2011 12:57:00 PM

Really nicely pigmented eye shadows. I like the colors and they blend pretty well. My favorite is the dark deep brown. I would buy again.

Their matte eye shadows are my staples. Even though Iím a drug store makeup junkie, I have to admit the quality of the eye shadows is phenomenal. Though other finishes (satiny, iridescent, and diamond) do not impress me so much, the mattes are something you canít find anywhere but MUFE. I have 165 (Grey Beige), 076 (Beige), 162 (True Brown), all of which are super pigmented and long-lasting even on my oily lid. The packaging design is one drawback. It has kinda cheap touch for the price, and I am not fond of the magnetic close lid.

I have this e/s in plum and I love it. Beautiful deep purple color. Very pigmented and a little goes a long way.

on 3/15/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love them.
So pigmented, pans are bigger than most lines, big variety of colors...what else can ya ask for?

Oh, and I love that the single container eye shadows aren't glued in! Extra plus!!!

on 8/11/2010 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I recently made a trip to NYC and stopped by the MUFE
store to start my MUFE eyeshadow collection off right!
The e/s section at the store trumps what sephora has to
offer so if you are ever in the city you have to drop by there. I asked the MA if you can call & order from the storeand she said yes at the flat rate of 8.50. That is what I plan to do in the future for pan shadows. Just an FYI.Okay I hauled the 4x4 palette,
and filled it with shadows # 48: a rust orange with a hint of
shimmer. I like that it's not completely flat like MAC's rule, it's a little deeper too. #58: a deep plum/deep dark
wine color. MAC has nothing like it. the color payoff is beautiful. It stains a bit when swatched on my hand and washed off. Proof that the color is going to be long wearing. #81 is a navy blue
with light shimmer. Like a darker MAC deep truth. Lovely! The last one I hauled was the infamous #92. I see
why it's to well loved. It's bright and blendable. Very
pretty and will look good on everyone. I love them all for
the color payoff and the price was right. Pans are $13.00 at
the store as opposed to 19.00 with packaging at sephora.
Oh, I forgot to add #58, 48, and 92 also can be used a
blushes. On their labels it says blush powder. At the
MUFE store, shadows and blushes are all together you
just pick what you want.
The brand really makes a good matte shadow. MAC
has the veluxe pearls on lock, but they can't really top
MUFE's matte shadow offerings. They are just
awesome.I don't even want to buy any
shadows but MUFE now. I am hooked.

I purchased the mirrored x4 palette with