April 20, 2014 | 1471 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product REALLY is great, but sadly I always forget I have it around so I don't use it as religiously as I should to help with scarring. For awhile, I was really good about using this product in combination with tea tree oil in witch hazel as toner, and the occasional treatment of fresh squeezed lemon juice from organic lemons to keep acne at bay in a natural way. The tea tree oil/witch hazel combo would help new pimples and the lemon juice would help prevent scarring as pimples went away. This Res-Q balm was then the final step in the process and helped a lot with existing scarring as well.
I need to get strict about this system again, as it was very effective for my skin. I've used this ointment for my chapped elbows, knees, and lips also and it really is a godsend!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by KillCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My parents always had this stuff around and I used it all the time. It's really good. heals fast, smells good. Nice product. My only complaint was that it felt kind of oily on the skin, but I can deal with that. This tin is really awesome too! you can use it for a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by styledriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because of all the great reviews, and wanted to use it for pimple scars as some people in the reviews said it worked wonders for. It did nothing and I had two brand new acne scars from popped pimples. It only made my skin feel oilier.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ShailahJade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! It works great for scars, and also healing blemishes that are in the flakey stage. I can't believe how quickly my blemishes heal when I use the Res-Q ointment! Literally, half the time I'd say. I will def buy again!
Edit: I do apologize to styledriven. I did not spell it out very well about the scarring. I have a bad habit of messing with my blemishes and turning them into a red, inflamed and eventually flakey messes. I would try to put Neosporin (sp?) on the inflamed mess and it never seemed to heal the blemish and prevent the red marks left behind. In fact, I think the petroleum base would sometimes re-clog the pore. Instead, I switched to Res-Q ointment and I'd really slather it on the destroyed skin and it would heal the skin so much faster therefore preventing a nasty red mark or scar. I moved down south, and was without my Res-Q ointment for almost 11 months until I found it at a special local health food store and was ecstatic since my skin had been flaring up again. That was a rough 11 months! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Anonamizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a staple in my stash. I've been using it for four years now. It's an all around, helps-with-any-skin-ailment, kind of product. I mainly use it for healing blemishes, but it works well for irritated skin, sunburns, healing cuts, and rashes. And while I know that just because something is natural doesn't mean it's better or safer for you than chemicals, having an all natural healing product psychologically makes me feel a bit better about using it on my skin. The smell is a very strong, natural, herbal, green scent. I smell the mix of lavender and comfrey, with a bit of rosemary.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Zara02

Love, love, love this product.
The ointment heals everything.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by EternityintheRain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great ointment. It helps soothe my skin after I wax my brows and lip area. It also helps heal minor burns, scratches, cuts. Actually, it's great for larger cuts too. I once cut my self cooking and had a deep gash. While it didn't take the pain right away, the next day my cut was gone and completely pain free. I actually love the smell, which is the reason I find it weird that very few like it. I find it quite soothing, I think the general census here is that it smells of lavender oil. And it does help me calm down whenever I feel a bit panicky. When my nose feels stuffy or my head hurts I like to rub this onto the tip of my nose and on my temples. You have no idea how often I use this on my head alone. I can't do that with other ointments because they burn my skin and often they smell too strong and medicinal. They often make me feel worse. Whenever I have heartburn(come on, some people get them on a regular basis (I!)), I like to rub this on the area between my chest. It is amazing. I've also found it helps diminish ingrown hairs, muscle cramps and razor burns.

The one thing I do hate about it, as much as I tried to get an ease of it, is the packaging. I wish the lid was twistable or something. It is so difficult to open, and I would've loved it so much more if this wasn't a problem. I once slipped a few feet below a hill while I was walking a state park. I scratched my leg quite badly, and got a a few cuts on my arms. On top of that I had been bitten by mosquitoes on my way there, and add allergies to pollen. By the time I managed to calm down a bit I tried to reach this from my bag (I own a sample sized one in my makeup bag), I got mad and annoyed trying to pry it open. My fingers hurt like hell (I fractured my left arm), and I had long nails. I had to open this with my mouth because my hands were jerky and nervous. I managed to get it open and apply it everywhere it hurt. The next day all my injuries, except my wrist fracture, were better.Since then I have this in varying sizes in every place I could reach for it (in my car, my kitchen, my room, my mu bag, my bathroom).

I don't think this would work for serious cuts or injuries, but it can help calm them and ease the pain until proper treatment can be accessed. The only thing I love more than the ointment itself is that it is completely natural. Which makes it safe to use on my Mama (grandmama) when she scratches her hands gardening, my baby cousins when they bump into something or hit themselves paying, and my brother to carry on his school bag to use when playing soccer. Even for my mom and her sensitive skin at work when she gets headaches. If you want something gentle yet effective for any little troubles that come your way, give this a try. It's great period.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cbenjamin313

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the the most versatile product I have ever found. I'm not kidding. I put it on cuts, burns, a sore nose when my allergies are bugging me, bug bites, zits, my cat's ears, my ingrown leg hairs - it will heal ANYTHING with a quickness. It's cheap and very effective...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by glanda

I like this product. It indeed help to cure acne on my face. I put it on my dry hands, and my hand feels smooth now. Though I say I will repurchase it, I don't know when I need to purchase it again. It really can last for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by surfergirl_81

I had never considered buying this product until I read the reviews on MUA. I am sure I had passed this by in the store numerous times, but the packaging doesn't really explain what this is for, save "life's little discomforts". Vague Burt. So when I read reviews that said it helps with bug bites, I bought a tin. I am prone to get bitten in the summer and always have reactions to bites. I put this on and even though the itching did come back in several hours, it did relieve the itching longer than any other product I applied. And within 3 days, the bug bites spots were signifigantly smaller, some gone altogether, and the itching had stopped. That is a big deal for me, as I said, I tend to have major reactions to any kind of bite. As for the smell to be honest when I first opened this I hated the smell. Although this is a love it or hate it scent at first sniff, even though I don't care for it with repeated use I can at least tolerate it. The price is nice for the size tin you get. Update: I read somewhere that this product helps with undereye circles. I had my doubts, but I tried it anyway. It has really lightened my under eye area! Enough that even after the first use I noticed a big difference. It is a genetic thing in my family to have darkness (not bags) under the eyes and nothing helps. I've tried all kinds of things and this and DHC Revitalizing Moisture Strips for Eyes are the only two products that actually delivered results. The circles are not gone, but they are signifigantly lighter. What a wonderful, multi-use product this is!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No