Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

This is a classic for a reason. You need very little to moisturise your face. It's non-comedogenic, inexpensive, pretty much can buy it anywhere, including supermarkets. You can use it all over your body and works amazingly on heels and super dry spots.

At first I didn't like this cream and I convinced myself that it would cause a reaction on my face. It did not. I used it one night because I ran out of my usual night cream and was pleasantly surprised to wake to clean, vibrant, glowing skin.

I am older and now I have issues with dryness, especially in winter and I'm a Canadian (enough said - Lol).

You need very little and it spreads easily. A little goes a long way. Very inexpensive - I think I paid $4.99 (on sale) at Walmart.

It does have a strong flowery (rose/powdery) scent. I like it as it reminds me of my mother-in-law (ex but love her). She has used this product for years and her skin is exceptionally smooth and clearly doesn't look her 74 years of age. Gorgeous lady.

I flip between this and Nivea Cream but I find the Original Nivea Crème is amazing but I have a hard time spreading it on my skin. This cream goes on like butter! Try it and see - sometimes expensive products are not better than the tried and true economical favourites of the past.

on 1/30/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been struggling with year round dry skin. This is my savior. A little bit really goes a long way. I use just a dime size and my skin feels so soft. I find that there's barely a scent of any at all which I like as well. Also people have been telling me I look friggin 17 years old which is nuts and awesome since I'm almost 30. The price is great, I suggest trying BJs or other wholesale you can get an amazing deal.

on 1/20/2015 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

After using Dr. Hauschka for years (and still loving it!) I noticed that my skin started to become very dry and flaky (after heating in the house and wearing foundation) so I had to try richer moisturizer. I used Ponds before (Cold Cream) and I pretty much liked it, also it is not expensive product (compare Ponds $5.50 and Dr. Hauschka $40).
After using it for first time, I dislike the scent - it's really string and overpowering, hate it.
But I like the consistency and moisturizing level.
I will update later though.

on 12/30/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product! Living in the Northeast, this has been a life saver for my skin. Even though it is a facial moisturizer, I use this all over during the winter months. It saves my extra dry skin from cracking and flaking. I don't mind the scent at all, and it seems as though they may have toned it down of late. I used to use Nivea Creme faithfully and found THAT scent more unpleasant. I don't mind the big ole pot, its not the prettiest, but that's fine.

on 12/27/2014 2:26:00 AM

My face gets dry all year round, especially around my nose. It starts to peel and itchy when dry. I use this product all over my face after I shower and even before I apply makeup. It's good. I like it but I agree I'm not a fan of it being in a jar. Oh well, works for me ! Yay.

on 12/23/2014 11:00:00 AM

LOVE this stuff. Perfect for the winter months (I'm in Chicago where the winters are brutal, especially since i have about a 2 mile walk outside everyday to get to work from my train) I use this for my night time skin regime. The scent doesn't bug me too much, and the scent fades away fairly quickly. The jar is a bit bulky and ugly but my hands are always freshly washed before i dap my finger tip in it. A little goes a long way.

For reference, before i use this product i also use L'Oreal's Age Perfect Glow Renewal face oil(i'm 30 years old). Even with the two products together, my face never feels greasy/oily and it feels so soft and looks amazing in the morning. seriously i dont even have to wear makeup on my "lazy days" and i still get a bunch of compliments on how glowy my face looks.

on 12/22/2014 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Like many other reviewers, I tried this product during the colder Winter days. It's been my savior. The cream itself is really moisturizing and helps with all my Winter related dry spots. I use it at night mostly and my skin was quite soft and hydrated when I when I woke up. It doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sin which is obviously a good thing.
However, I really disliked the scent it had. I also hate that it's in a pot.
But it gets the job done. So 4 lippies for that.

on 12/22/2014 6:29:00 PM

LOVEEEE. It leaves my skin smooth and makes my legs look AMAZING after shaving. Yeah. There's no scent which is great for me but this has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like no name generic unscented lotions. This is two thumbs up as a great body lotion. Muah. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells good and moisturizes my dry skin. Cost runs around six to seven dollars for a 6.5 oz jar. How can you beat the price for a good moisturizer?

I don't mind using jars. I always wash my hands well before removing and applying makeup. The only complaint I have with this jar is the opening could be larger. When I am near the bottom of the jar, have to angle my fingers in an odd way to reach the moisturizer. Solved the problem by using an inexpensive spatula to reach the moisturizer.

on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 PM

I was in the market for a more heavy duty cream to tackle the sporadic dryness I experience to my eyes, cheeks, and skin around the corners of my mouth. I was really undecided, trying to justify $15 for a drugstore cream when I saw Pond's Dry Skin cream at a fraction of the price. I've been using it daily and I have been really pleased. As I get older I have developed some skin sensitivity issues, and I thought for sure I would be banished to using only scent free products. Thankfully, this scented cream hasn't been a problem at all. You can apply it with a heavy hand, but a little dab will do ya just fine. This pot is going to last a very, very long time. Excellent value for the money. The only reason I'm taking away a Lippie is die to the lack of any SPF. Yes, I wear it at night, but I love it so much I've been using it (lightly) as my daytime moisturizer, too.