Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 12/22/2014 6:29:00 PM

LOVEEEE. It leaves my skin smooth and makes my legs look AMAZING after shaving. Yeah. There's no scent which is great for me but this has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like no name generic unscented lotions. This is two thumbs up as a great body lotion. Muah. :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Smells good and moisturizes my dry skin. Cost runs around six to seven dollars for a 6.5 oz jar. How can you beat the price for a good moisturizer?

I don't mind using jars. I always wash my hands well before removing and applying makeup. The only complaint I have with this jar is the opening could be larger. When I am near the bottom of the jar, have to angle my fingers in an odd way to reach the moisturizer. Solved the problem by using an inexpensive spatula to reach the moisturizer.

on 12/2/2014 4:04:00 PM

I was in the market for a more heavy duty cream to tackle the sporadic dryness I experience to my eyes, cheeks, and skin around the corners of my mouth. I was really undecided, trying to justify $15 for a drugstore cream when I saw Pond's Dry Skin cream at a fraction of the price. I've been using it daily and I have been really pleased. As I get older I have developed some skin sensitivity issues, and I thought for sure I would be banished to using only scent free products. Thankfully, this scented cream hasn't been a problem at all. You can apply it with a heavy hand, but a little dab will do ya just fine. This pot is going to last a very, very long time. Excellent value for the money. The only reason I'm taking away a Lippie is die to the lack of any SPF. Yes, I wear it at night, but I love it so much I've been using it (lightly) as my daytime moisturizer, too.

on 11/13/2014 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This cream has worked well for me or at least I got compliments on my skin after using it. In fact it may have been the best moisturizer I have used. Unfortunately, out of all these paraben scares and such I decided to not take risks even though the cream itself wasn't bad. This gives minus one star. Another because I am not the biggest fan of the scent. It isn't too strong though. Perhaps I may buy this again and use it moderately as it was a good cream. Until I find more research that says all these chemical/paraben scares are wrong then I will probably use it a lot more.

on 11/13/2014 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE this cream. I have pretty normal skin but it is very sensitive to certain things. My skin gets really really dry when it gets cold out, so I use this cream every night before bed. Since using this cream, I have yet to wake up with a dry face. I don't know why people think it smells like "old lady". I happen to love the smell.. It is light and not obnoxious. Most of the other creams I have gotten for super dry skin are way too oily and I don't like that. This one is light enough but does a great job. I do not think I'll ever buy a different heavy moisturizer again.. Love it :)

This is a great cream. Except for the tub, which I do think is a pretty design but not that hygienic. But oh well, I'm not a germaphobe.
The fragrance is light, the cream is nearly weightless, and I use it on my face and body. It absorbs well and doesn't feel greasy like Cetaphil.
Great for summer and winter. For overnight, I sometimes add some Vaseline to the mix for extra moisture. It wears well under makeup and although it does have a strong smell in the jar, that fragrance doesn't cling to me all day. Would I prefer something totally scent-free? Maybe. But I already bought this a few times, so I'm pretty happy.

on 11/8/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I actually have normal/oily skin but I live in the New England area where the winters are extremely dry and cold (averaging 0F-10F) so my skin instantly starts drying and getting flaky after I wash it.

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- not good enough for extremely dry skin / dry air
- consistency is thick and sometimes take a bit of extra work to smooth onto skin

on 11/8/2014 1:45:00 PM

I never thought I would like this the smell is kind of
old lady, but I tryed this and it has really helped
I always bought the most expensive I guess you
pay for the name brand but it is not always the best.

on 10/11/2014 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It has an extremely strong fragrance, as others have said it smells like old lady. I found it extremely off-putting but nevertheless I still wanted to try it. I should have stopped after the smell. I have sensitive skin so some of the most random products can mess with my skin. This one ruined my skin. Instead of moisturizing it, my skin got very dry, red, and itchy. I only used this for three days (only at night) and I couldn't continue because my skin was dying. I introduced this product to my skin by itself so I knew it was the culprit. Patch testing doesn't seem to work with my skin so I didn't know the adverse reaction I would have. It took weeks to get my skin back in to check. Be careful trying this product if your skin hates fragrance like mine. If it smells too strong, trust your gut and don't use it.

on 9/13/2014 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this moisturizer on my legs & arms during the summer because it leaves my skin smooth & makes my legs look great after shaving. They look smooth, soft, and they glisten. There's no scent which is great for sensitive skin. It has a pleasant smell where it doesn't smell like flowers or like the generic non-scented lotions. My issue with this lotion is for people with sensitive skin on their face. I figured since it worked so well on my body I would give it a try on my face. Don't use it on your face whatsoever if you are like me. I broke out within a few days of using it on my face. I had tiny little red bumps all over my cheeks & my face stayed red even when I didn't have the lotion on. Overall, I do adore this lotion on every part of my body but my face so if you want a lovely body lotion, go for this one!