October 25, 2014 | 1368 users online

Moisturizers - Ponds - Dry Skin Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Mabina1

Got this product after starting a new cleansing regimen and my face was in need of moisture. My forehead was very flaky and when I applied my makeup you could see the cracks in my skin, even when I exfoliated. I used this before I went to bed one night and literally the next day my face was even better than before!!! I suffer from chronic acne and this cream did not break me out at all. I use it at night to make sure my skin is nice and moist. I do not use during the day because It is very oily. I love this cream as a night moisturizing cream and my skin has no flaky problem areas anymore. The packaging does not bother me because i do make sure I wash my hands before I apply anything to my face. I will definitely buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product hoping it would be great for my face. My skin is dry and I need to apply lotion right after cleansing and the shower otherwise my face will feel tight in a few minutes. This didn't absorb nicely and my face felt a bit itchy sometimes. As other reviewers mentioned, it is not oil free which is not good for you. I have been using it as a foot cream when I do pedicures because it is thick. I'll use it up but won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This is exactly what it says on the packaging..."caring classic." This is my moisturizer after getting out of the shower. When the harsh winter months come, this is what keeps my face from looking like snow flakes. There are many choices for moisturizers these days and many other brands, but I like this one the most. It just works!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by NeutralMortal18

Broke me out like crazy. Doesn't absorb. Contains mineral oil. Do not BUY!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My grandmother always used this after removing her Ponds cold cream. Compared to a lot of super rich creams out there that cost $300.00 dollars or more, this is a steal. Correctly named, Dry Skin Cream will take care of any dry patches you might have. I like to use it as an eye and throat cream. I use cold cream at night to take off my makeup, and I find that keeps the rest of my skin moist enough. However, if you have very dry skin, you might want to use this all over your face. This cream lends a soft velvety apperance to the skin. However, you need to use it sparingly. One trick if you have used too much is to take a blotting tissue and blot the excess away instead off washing it off. Personally, I don't think there is ever any need to go to bed with a gooey face. Your skin can only absorb so much cream. If you pile it on, you're not moisturizing more, you're just wasting your cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by lac925

Where has this been all this time??? I have dry, rough patches on my cheeks and by my nose (that always tends to become red and irritated) and I think I've tried every moisturizer out there from the cheap no-name brands to the more expensive brands, and none of them seemed to work right. I've even tried Vaseline Problem Skin Therapy, which is really thick and heavy but it seemed to work. I was running out, and I wanted to try something different (once again!), so I picked this up. It was super cheap ($4.97 at Walmart) and I was a little skeptical, but it wasn't expensive so I figured "What the heck!"

I...Love...It! My skin doesn't feel dried out within an hour of applying it and I like the consistency of the moisturizer. I only use a dab for my cheeks, chin and forehead - it goes a pretty long way; I'm still using the product that was on the lid! I agree about the packaging not be the most hygienic - but I'm sure you could put it into a travel pump or something.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with this. For something so cheap, it works really well!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 5:41:00 AM More reviews by terralynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A lovely hydrating moisturiser for dry skin, the Ponds Dry Skin Cream is a sensational product. A thin application of the product before you go to sleep will leave your skin feeling lavishly silken and very well hydrated in the morning.
For such an affordable night cream I was blown away by the lovely fragrance. The smell of Ponds Dry Skin Cream faintly reminds me of baby powder, with a slight floral undertone. The smell isn't overpowering, but serves as a nice, added bonus to an already lovely cream.

Be wary of how much you use, however, because a thin layer is still very hydrating. If you find yourself breaking out then it might be worth using less of the product, and using it only in your dryer areas. Furthermore this is advertised as a day cream, but I would never use it as a day-time moisturiser because it's way too heavy.

I love this product, and I'll continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by prinzessin789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE this stuff!!! My skin is soooo dry and sensetive, i break out VERY easily, i also have lots of allergies to products. I have spent a fortune trying to find a decent moisturizer and this one is definitely my HG moisturizer. It is really thick so you have to be careful when using it or it will get really greasy on your skin UNLESS you are going to use it as a night cream. I like to use a little extra before bed so when I wake up my skin feels baby soft. A little goes a very long way. A lot of people don't like the pot container but I don't mind it, I think it's a bit cute. Also, some people are afraid to use it because of mineral oil that they think will clog their pores ad ot let their skin "breathe". DON'T WORRY. That is a myth. Skin does not "breathe" it gets what it needs from your blood circulation. Yes some people break out from mineral oil but everyone reacts differently to different ingredients. Mineral oil is ok for your skin and it creates a barrier that stops moisture from escaping your skin. So give this a try before the ingredients scare you away!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

Unless you have flaking crocodile skin , don't get this . This moisturizer is so god damn oily !!!!! Why ????? I litterly feel as if I'm putting oil on my skin , that's the ingredient , oil !!!! It's so bad it makes my face really shiny as soon as I put it on even when I put a lil , and it feels so heavy on my skin ?! Even tho it says it won't clog pores I couldn't help but feel like it was giving me break outs . At the end of the day I look like I have oil on my face , everytime I out this on I litterly cringe . I get so irked !!!!! Thank god I bought a new moisturizer !!!! If you have super dry cracked skin to the point where ur skin is peeling , try this . I recommend this at night tho. Because during the day it just sits on ur face!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by misscaandy

It's weird how I THOUGHT I loved this product. I've been using this moisturizer for about a year now and didn't think anything bad of it, until now. Recently, I've been breaking out, REAL BAD. I had those little colorless bumps which seem to never go away and are only getting worse. I didn't think it would be Pond's moisturizer because I've used it for a long time now, why would it start breaking me out now? I'm the type of person to wear makeup every weekday and allow my face to breathe on the weekends. I noticed that every Sunday night, my skin seem to look a bit better. I do use this moisturizer as a base for my foundation and I always cleanse my face when I get home. I stopped using Pond's for a couple of days and it seems as if my skin got a bit better. I decided to give it a chance to fully determine whether if this was the culprit of my acne. In the morning, I put this on along with my makeup, come home, wipe off my makeup, BAM, a few painful pimples on my inner cheeks.

Did I love this moisturizer? Hell yeah, last year. Was it moisturizing? Yes, a bit TOO moisturizing. Sadly, it did break me out so I have to break up with it.