Ponds Dry Skin Cream

3.7

Water , Mineral Oil , Isopropyl Palmitate , Petrolatum , Glycerin , Stearic Acid , Ceresin , Glyceryl Stearate , Cetyl Alcohol , Sorbitan Oleate , Candelilla Wax , Triethanolamine , Laureth-23 , Fragrance , Carbomer , Disodiium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Methylparaben , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

on 4/21/2015 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Pros:
It smells like baby powder!
It's cheap for a sizable tub (like $8 at Target for 10.1 oz)

Cons:
It takes a lot of work to get it into my skin
I rarely get acne, but this makes me break out
It makes my skin feel more oily than moisturized

I want to love this product, but it just doesn't work well for me.

on 4/19/2015 11:02:00 PM

So I've been using olay moisturizers for as long as I could remember, and never has anything to rave about. But I used this and my skin has never been so moisturized! Yes I prefer bottles products versus jar ones but I'm so glad I switched to ponds. A little also goes a long way!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OMG! This cream gives me L I F E. I swear by it and I recommend it to every female I come across. lol No, but really this cream has worked wonders for me. I have very oily prone to acne skin and I would have never thought a cream designed for "dry skin" would help me so much, it has cleared away all my acne AND my dark spots as well. I wasted a lot of money looking for creams that read in the front "for oily skin" . With this stuff a little goes a long way. I use it every morning after my shower and i feel that is enough to give me radiant skin all day long. It works perfect with my Estee LIuder double wear foundation. only thing con is i wished it came with a pump!

on 3/21/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it! Many people complain it's greasy. That is why yourself supposed to use it at night. It has mineral oil in it which I literally an oil. READ THE BACK PEOPLE. In the long run this stuff will help oily skin bc skin won't have to produce oil if it's already added. Once I rinse my face in the morning it's absolutely glowing and soft and supple. This doesn't cause breakouts.

on 3/10/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've only had this moisturizer for less than a day but it works really well! As someone with dry skin all year round, this product definitely does its job! I will definitely buy again! I personally don't mind the scent so it doesn't bother me. You don't need that much in order to moisturize your face (coming from me, that says a lot!) so it's definitely awesome.

on 3/6/2015 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

PROS:
- cheap and affordable
- large tub lasts forever

CONS:
- Not good enough for extremely dry skin / dry air (I live an an area where winters avg around 1-10F for reference). This does not prevent my skin from flaking, and it only works for me in the spring and summer unfortunately.
- consistency is thick and sometimes take a bit of extra work to smooth onto skin
- It contains mineral oil. This will make your skin look oily after.

on 3/6/2015 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I swear by Ponds. I once used it in my childhood and I went back to it recently. I love it because its hydrating, cheap and smells amazing. I suffer from dry skin and eczema so in the winter time this is a dream. I never will pay over $20 bucks for a face cream. This stuff is good if not better than facial moisturizers sold in Sephora. I wash my face just with Basis soap and apply this on after and my face is good for the day. Its a winner in my book.

on 3/5/2015 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Other than heavy-duty samples of EL overnight eye cream, nothing has made my skin feel as moisturized as Ponds. Since I can't afford EL, I tried every over-the-counter moisturizer I could get. All of them left my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.

I've finally settled on using Ponds cucumber cleanser (love the scent!), rinsing away with a warm washcloth and then putting a small dollop of Ponds Dry Skin Cream over my still-damp skin. If feels wonderful. I can't say much about the scent of this one, though. It's the same as when my mom used it decades ago and strikes me as the dreaded "old-ladyish." If there were an unscented version or updated scent, I'd buy it, but as it is, I'm still a happy camper with some thick, luxurious cold cream moisturizing my face!

I'll definitely be buying this every winter.

on 3/5/2015 2:21:00 PM

I didn't feel this really helped with my dry winter skin too much. However, the main reason I don't particularly like this moisturizer is the fact that it makes me break out. As soon as I stopped using it and switched to another moisturizer, my mild acne became almost nonexistent.

on 2/22/2015 10:49:00 AM

I've only been using this for about two weeks, but I really like it. My skin has been really dry this winter and after using this moisturizer, the dryness has disappeared. I definitely think I will purchase it again. There is a lot in the container, so it will probably last a while before I have to buy more.