April 16, 2014 | 1012 users online

Primer/ Corrector - DHC - Velvet Skin Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

IMO, the creme de la creme of primers. I received a sample packet of this in their catalog and tried it the next morning and immediately fell in love with it. While other primers made me feel greasy and oily, this one is, as the name says, literally like velvet. I immediately ordered a fresh full-sized tube of it (from Ebay at a savings of about $6 plus free shipping) and don't see how I ever managed without it. A couple of times I've been distracted in the mornings and have forgotten this step in my makeup routine and, wow, can I see and feel the difference.

I'll continue using this on a daily basis. A little does indeed go a long way so don't let the price scare you away from at least requesting a DHC catalog as I believe this is one of their standard samples. IMO, this and their cleansing oil are 2 of the most AMAZING products I've ever had the pleasure of using.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ninoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've given this as gifts! It works best for me on top of my foundation...or with none at all, as it reduces shine that can make pores so visible. Sometimes I put on top of sunscreen also...as that stuff makes me look greasy! A little goes a long way...

Edit: I have used this off and on for years, but I think it makes me break out now

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by denisevassellwoolery

I love this item it is so soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by judibean

People with large pores and oily skin seem to love this primer. I am pretty surprised since I have the same skin issues, but this one disappointed me. It smooths out my skin very nicely at the beginning, but my skin starts to produce a megawatt shine within 3 hours along the T-zone where I'm oiliest. I expect better than that from a primer that claims to "keep oil in check." Frankly, I also expect much more given that the product is $40 per ounce, making it the most expensive primer I've tried to date.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 6:54:00 AM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Originally, I didn't like this product. Well, I recently revisited it and now I'm really liking it. I have a very hectic lifestyle and some mornings I don't have time to do my full make-up routine with my foundation. I have larger pores in the T-zone, so when I don't have time to put on foundation in the morning I just use this on my face. It makes my pores look much smaller and it keeps the oilies at bay all day in the T-zone. This is great for making your skin look more perfect without the use of foundation. Personally, I don't like to use this under my foundation as it will make my face a bit itchy immediately. It doesn't if I use it by itself, but, by the end of the day my face will start to be a bit itchy. There must be something in it my skin is sensitive to. Otherwise, this is great to make your skin just naturally look glowing without make-up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mariaNj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very nice product! For my very oily as well as acne prone skin, I can't wear make up so I have tried to use premiers to get some nice finish. This is the best so far. It goes very light on my sensitive skin, and remains good even after hours. I tried other premiers but they wouldn't last long on my oily skin and felt too heavy. It works even in very humid weather and a little goes a long way. Do give it a try ...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is a lifesaver for those of us with large pores. If you have oily skin, it won't take that away though now they have a non-oily matte formula of the same type of product. It goes on super smooth and fills in pores so your makeup covers perfectly. One tube lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by kateam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product does what it claims, plus I also I use it differently than directed. I mix it with foundation to make the makeup go on smoother. Velvet Skin is very expensive, but it does allow me to use less foundation than usual, and a little goes a long, long way. It really improves the blendability of MAC Pro Longwear, which can dry really fast and leave visible edges if applied straight from the bottle. I also combine it with Armani Luminous Silk, because that foundation looks less smooth than I like on my difficult skin. I also like that my face stays shine-free a lot longer with Velvet Skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by atirasmom1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got several samples of this from the DHC catalog and a few other swappers.
So...I thought this product was going to feel disgusting based on my own judgemental assumption....boy was I wrong! I loooove the feel of it and the way it goes on sooo smoothly! These type of primers in general tend to feel a tiny bit heavier than the kind that are oily/watery feeling to the touch - but IMO I like them much better. It's almost as if choosing to put oil or velvet underneath your makeup. I choose velvet ;)
The price is RIDICULOUS for such a small tube, BUT I don't mind - I love the product, so I'll continue to purchase it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by 4711

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Took the sample off a catalog. Don't know what it does for wrinkles/pores etc , don't have any but did nothing for oil control and skin felt smothered. Washed off and used regular trans powder and looked great. don't know what purpose this is supposed to server?? put on my eyebrows