August 20, 2014 | 1058 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Princesa7

I love the scent of this!

This scrub makes my skin feel sooooo smooth! I use a small amount of this on my face (a little goes a long way) and after gently using itfor about a minute and ten rinsing off my skin feels so refreshed and smooth. I've noticed too that it realy tightens up my pores and don't need to use a toner or astringent.

I don't find it irritating or harsh at all but I do only use it 1-2x a week.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by finished10dnails

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

While this gets a lot of good reviews here, it did nothing for me. This scrub did not clean my pores and actually clogged them. It does smell good and feels tingly, but it's just not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by powderpuff3

Try Aztec Healing Clay (AHC) instead. This is not bad, but it does have some synthetic ingredients in it which I don't like. My skin is, in my opinion, horrible. That means I have large pores, scarring on T zone areas and around eyes (which makes me look tired all the time). Queen Helen is okay, but AHC is stronger and feels like it is working. Its only a mask, so it can only do but so much. If you have problem skin, I would use it 2-3 times a week ( I may start using it almost everyday). The box says use once a week, but phuck that, that wont do anything for my skin, so im gonna use it maybe 3-5 times a week. Tooodles!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by xAlyAlyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'll start off by saying I have combination skin with a few blemishes, but I had to use Accutante in the past for oily skin and moderate cystic acne.

This scrub has more of a buffing effect than it does traditional scrubbing effect. The grains are relatively small, especially when comparing it to say, St.Ives Apricot Scrub.

I initially did break out a bit when I first began using this; however, after maybe the 3rd or 4th use I stopped breaking out and I began to notice an improvement in the flaky skin on my nose area.

Another issue I have is large pores. Now, nothing aside from laser treatments can change or alter the shape of your pores. You can however, minimize the appearance by keeping gunk out of your pores. When used in moderation, this DOES minimize the appearance of my pores. But if I stop using this, after a while I notice my pores look like they are clogged with oil.

I use this no more than 3 times a week, but typically once or maybe twice if I have the time. I do also happen to use the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque which I absolutely love and adore.

As others mentioned, it can leave your skin slightly dry so I do use this at night and I moisturize with either sweet almond oil or apricot oil afterwards.

Overall, it is my favorite store bought scrub and I would recommend it. I'm not a scrub connoisseur though

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the price of this facial scrub, I'm really not complaining! The scrub is not so gritty but not too sparse - just the right amount which makes it not so abrasive when using. I find myself using this daily in the morning (which most people won't suggest doing) but I love the feeling of freshly exfoliated skin. You get a lot of product too, recently underwhelmed by the performance of Burts Bee's Peach and Willowbark scrub (St Ives Apricot scrub works just as well for less than half the price) I decided to try something new and this was really nice, the refreshing minty smell enticed me too. If you have really flaky skin, maybe this wouldn't be so ideal but it works great nonetheless!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I just love this stuff! Gentle enough to use daily by gets the job done each time. Leaves my skin feeling clean and soft, and has the nicest minty smell to boot! Very affordable and a little goes a long way with this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! It really exfoliates your skin and helps with acne in conjunction with the Mint Julep Mask. I use this everyday, and for a week, I used it with the mask, and it really helped my skin. It dries it out a bit, so make sure you have a good moisturizer. It gets rid of scaly spots very well. I have no complaints about it, except that it would be better with a flip top, since I use it in the shower. But at least it's not in a tub, and the twist off cap isn't horrible. It doesn't smell like mint, surprisingly, but more like a light lemon/citrus. Nevertheless, it smells great, and works very well, especially since it's only a few bucks for something that will last you quite a while. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Ene

this product was ok for me. i only like that it made my skin feel tighter but it does have a drying effect. you just need to have a good moisturiser. personally i use a shea butter to moisturise. but over all the product is ok.at least i dont break out

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by lolitavanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has balanced my skin and it just looks healthly. It takes a week to start seeing consistant results. It only feels to abrasive if i scrub with a wash cloth but my fingers work just as good so its not a problem. I use this more to loosen up dirt and blackheads rather than just a cleanser by its self. I use this then the purpose gentle cleansing wash. Result deep clean without tighness, dryness or irritation and my skin doesnt start over producing oil fromto much stripping. I think this scrub is better than clinque´s seven day scrub.

This scrub would work great for those with dry skin it doesnt over dry.The mint tingle is very relaxing too.

With a sally´s beauty club card u can get it for 3.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by jlhoward27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I liked this product. It's just a simple scrub with a nice clean mint tingle. It wasn't amazing but for the price it's worth it!