December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by SeashellsInSummer

This is the foundation that caused deep scarring on my cheeks that took 2 years to fully clear up. I can wear drugstore foundations and not break out. If I could give it negative 5 stars I would. For people looking for a decent powder foundation check out Mac's mineral skin finish or the mineral wear powders by physicians formula. This stuff is toxic crap that should be taken off the market!!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by kwong714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was definitely a no no product for me personally. To start of, my face does produce a lot of oil as well as having an acne prone skin type which is quite hard these days to find a foundation that keeps the oil control at bay but yet give a dewy finish. I came across this mineral foundation when I was at Mecca Maxima (Another version of Sephora in Australia) and my task that day was to purchase mainly most of the Mario Badescu acne products. Once I finished grabbing my desired products, this lovely staff(but not helpful) approached me asking me if I need any help with anything. So I told her about my intention and she immediately jumped to the rescue. She went over to the Bare Minerals counter and suggested the powder foundation and claimed that this product cleared her step-daughter's skin a lot. She also claimed "it's so powerful that you can sleep in it!" Now this kinda took me off because firstly, no makeup whatsoever can allow you to rest in it as your skin will absorb and think it as a treatment when really it's doing the opposite. Then she tested this foundation on me and kept saying, "You need this product!" or "You can layer it as many times as you want and still get a beautiful finish." As soon as she finished applying it on my skin I was shocked in a horrendous and was hoping to take it off ASAP. It was cakey, dry, powdery, off-colour & thick. However it did cover most of the redness and felt like nothing BUT it made me look tired and emphasised my acne especially on my forehead. It was so obvious. Overall I wouldn't recommend this foundation to people who have problematic skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by marianeo

I AM FLOORED BY THIS FOUNDATION!!! I have tried so many different foundations, powders, and bronzers...Up until today I have been using Mac Studio Fix foundation (which I like but it's thick and full of chemicals), Too Faced bronzer, and Mac and Benefit concealers. Recently, I have made the decision to switch to more organic, natural products for my skin due to being acne prone and wanting to avoid harsh chemicals. HOLY CRAP this stuff is incredible. I went to Sephora and purchased the 7 piece starter kit, which was a great value! You get a full sized foundation (you choose your shade and add it to the kit), mineral veil finishing powder, "warmth" bronzing powder, primer, and three brushes (full coverage, medium coverage, and concealer brush). You also get a DVD to show you how to apply the products. All of this was $70 CAD, so roughly $10 per product).

I used the whole kit this morning. I was extremely skeptical about having full coverage (I tend to have very dark circles under my eyes and I have a few blemishes right now). It doesn't feel like you're putting anything on...and is such a fine powder. But after a few swirls and buffs your face is completely flawless! I honestly couldn't believe it because you can barely see it going on your face. They say you can use the powder as a concealer, using the concealer brush, but I really didn't think this would work. I have dry skin..and I thought it would be dry and cakey under my eyes. NOPE! So creamy and smooth. It didn't settle into any lines and it covered (MAGIC I swear haha). I usually use two concealers under my eyes...Mac concealer followed by Boing industrial strength concealer from Benefit. I didn't need to use these at all. A few applications of the foundation and my under eyes were completely concealed (better than they've ever looked).

I followed up with the warmth bronzer and loved this! I usually LOAD on the Too Faced Soleil bronzer in order to achieve that tan look. I only needed two dustings of this and I had a glow. It did not look fake AT ALL and there were no lines or build up of product. Blended beautifully. I should also note that I used their primer (a little goes a long way) so this may have helped with application. After the "warmth" I applied the mineral veil finishing powder. I didn't notice the product at all but did notice I looked airbrushed all of a sudden haha I think it just sets it all and sits on top??

Overall, I'm beyond impressed. I've tried everything...I love makeup and I'm sort of a product junkie...but I don't think I'll buy another product. This stuff is wonderful and light and I feel like I'm doing good for my skin. I sent pictures to friends and family (hahah such a dork). This makeup diffuses light so prepare to have an airbrushed look haha my friends thought I photoshopped the photos.

ONE complaint: you have to peel the tabs off of the packaging when you first want to use the product. These tabs were incredibly hard to remove and I ended up having to use my teeth!

I have only used the product once but so far no irritation, no smell, and it has lasted ALL day. I will update if there are any changes over time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just don't understand Bare Minerals. I bought some five years ago when I had allergies and couldn't tolerate my normal makeup but my face desperately needed some cover. The first annoying thing was that the sales people refused to sell me one pot of a matched shade but insisted that I purchase one of their starter kits which had 2 foundations, a setting veil, and a violently shaded powder called "Warmth". I ended up buying a separate pot of a mixer shade from eBay to try and use with the foundations, which were just wrong for me (my kit was Tan or something).
I have finally thrown the kit away after many attempts to make this mineral foundation work. I've had days - very few! - when somehow it just looked fantastic, and then I'd do exactly the same thing again and look awful on so many different levels - the product is too shimmery, can leave a strange ashy cast, settles horribly in lines and creases and no, it really doesn't work as a concealer. It also made the pores on my forehead and nose look enormous.
It was so unpredictable that I could never use it on a work day - had to experiment with it on days when I wasn't planning on being too visible!
I'd buff like mad thinking that would make the product work better but all that happened was it somehow became more shimmery, AND the buffing irritated my skin. The only saving grace from this kit was the concealer brush, which is wonderful, and I have to say that the products didn't irritate my skin.
Foundation shouldn't be such hard work and I don't think I'll ever use this or any other brand of mineral foundation again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by gailygirl84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is something that I REALLY wanted to like, but somehow I just...can't :( It's almost impossible to pick the right color for my skin tone even if there are a lot of options. I tried Fairly Medium, but the undertone is too pink for me and makes me look really ashen and weird. Then I bought Light but for some reason it was too dark on me and just made me look orange. I would give another shade a shot if it was a good product but both versions doesn't work for me. The original one made me oily and the matte one just looks super cakey on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this powder is the queen of "in a rush" makeup for me. the color range is terrible and i only used the matte version because the original upset my skin. it lasted really good on me and didnt break me out. i could sleep in it without worries off a break out and that why i liked it so much. but i have moved on to bigge and better things but ill always have fondness for BM matte. the coverage is great and you can layer it on problem areas for more coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CharcuterieQueen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This made my face look dirty and dull, now matter how I "buffed." The fact that the word translucent is used to describe this stuff when it is the EXACT opposite blows my mind and makes me STABBY. Playing it fast and loose there. Skip, skip, skip.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this foundation but its safe to say I really done like it!. :( no matter how much I buff it in with my real techniques buffing and powder brushes it still ends up cakey as hell! it looks like I've dipped my face in a bucket of flour. The shades are terrible aswell I got both the lightest shades available and even mixing them together I can't get the correct shade for my skin. I hate how much you have to buff this stuff into your skin I end up with a sore arm! & my skin starts to exfoliate in the process making it look even worse. Will never purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by koko127

I like how it's light weight, but it pretty much covers nothing. It does make people with good skin look better, but for me it didn't do any good. And when i tried to conceal with a small brush with more powder, like how they taught me, it becomes a really obvious patch of orange... so what I did in the end was concealed my blemishes with my own liquid concealer and used the bare mineral powder on top. Tried to make the best out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by akPhilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I have very dry skin, so maybe a powder foundation just wasn't the best formula for me, as it just gave my skin a powdery look. But the main issue was that you know those microscopic little hairs on the skin that are invisible to the naked eye? Well for me, this seemed to cling to all of them & make them visible.