October 24, 2014 | 1633 users online

Toners - Thayers - Alcohol-free Witch Hazel toner with Aloe Vera

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a gentle alcohol-free toner and discovered Thayer's in the alcohol-free, fragrance-free version. Love it! It has aloe for a soothing feeling and does exactly what I need it to do: I use it mornings right after my shower to remove the last traces of shower soap and facial oil. If I'm not putting on foundation right away I also use the Thayer's again right before applying makeup. I use DHC Silky Cotton to apply; even though these are expensive, I cut them in half for applying toner and this works just fine. I don't like using cotton balls for anything except nail polish remover.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by savyy

The best non-irritating and hydrating toner. I use it to take off excess makeup after cleansing and to wake my face up in the morning. I also put some in a spray bottle to set my makeup. I can't live without it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I've been using this, the Rose Petal and the Lavender alcohol free toners off and on
for years. I always clear my skin up while using it, then go
off it for something else out of curiosity and by being
sucked into whatever sales pitch for new products that usually fail me or leave me
spotty.

I think I prefer the Rose and
Lavender over this scent wise, though the Aloe really calms my skin. It's also has a
small amount of naturally occurring Salicylic acid, which my skin also loves (BHAs not
so much).
Anyway, this is calming, moisturizing and great for

clearing off makeup residue missed while cleansing. I wash my face, then tone with
this and let it air dry. Then I moisturize. I don't notice a sticky film or anything, though straight aloe gel can leave a film so maybe that's what's happening to those who notice?

My skin loves this. It is fantastic for daily use. I currently use this most of the week and a 1% Salicylic toner a couple times just to exfoliate chemically.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this toner. What can I really say about it, though? It's not harsh, and has no alcohol which is good. It takes off any remaining makeup that I may have left behind after washing my face, which is also good. It doesn't have the overly witch hazel-y scent... which is good. I don't have any complaints, really. The bottle does tend to leak, and I see I'm not the only one who noticed that... but that doesn't really bother me, tbh. It makes my face feel clean, and I haven't noticed the sticky feeling people talk about because I moisturize immediately after putting this on. I'll repurchase when I run out, which probably wont be for a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the Unscented Non-Alcohol Aloe Vera Witch Hazel. I have been using this product for well over a year. This is a great toner. After cleansing my skin, I soak product onto a cotton pad, and swipe over my face. It takes off any excess makeup leftover from cleansing. After continued use, I have noticed it helps to improve my T-zone pores, and help keep breakouts at bay (I stopped using this for approximately a month and noticed that these problems came back during this time period). This product is great for sensitive skin, does not sting, does not irritate, does not break you out. This product can be hard to find, not at any of my local drugstores, but have found at health food stores in the beauty department. Holy grail status, will continue to repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Starsfellon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first, I liked this product. I live in FL and work outdoors during the day, so I really hate to wear almost any kind of moisturizer and even have to pick my sunscreen really carefully as my skin is sensitive and acne prone, so with the heat and sweat almost anything is too heavy. The first day I used this after cleansing and didn't moisturize. I felt a little tacky but eventually it absorbed and I thought it was going to be great to give me the small amount of daytime moisture I was looking for. However, after continued use I realized I just really couldn't stand the tacky feel and while I normally have no oil issues, this definitely made me oilier. I also felt like this clogged my pores. Definitely did not leave that clean toner feeling (and yes, I normally use alcohol free toners).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Amyish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I wasn't sure if this even did anyting for my skin but then I realized it really helped give my face extra hydration and kept my pores tight. So I don't think it is a crucial step but it is a nice one to have for dry yet breakout prone skin :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use the unscented version a couple times a week. It is very nice, not harsh at all, cleansing yet moisturizing. A little does go a long way, so even though it's pricier than most witch hazel brands, it's very long lasting. I even mix it with some bentonite clay powder and do a nice facial a couple times a month. Best thing, NO ALCOHOL. It's really hard to find a toner w/ out either isopropyl or denatured alcohol, which is drying and irritating to skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Very good basic toner. No harsh ingredients. I use the fragrance-free version. Love it! Rose petal one smells too strong. I love that this toner gets rid of flakey skin without being harsh. Aloe in this moisturizes my skin a little and preps my skin for retin-a.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by hotaru11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It didn't do too much for my acne, but it kept my skin somewhat moisturized without it being too oily.