December 17, 2014 | 1703 users online

Pressed Powders - T. LeClerc - Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2006 12:38:00 PM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not too impressed with this. I got the pressed powder in sable and it didn't cover much at all and was very expensive! For the price I was expecting a much better product. I've started using the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Pressed Powder in Translucent and get much more coverage, not to mention the compact is only around $10. Definitely try that out before spending so much on the T. LeClerc line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

Although my skin is quite oily, this powder smooths my complexion for a few hours. The texture is smooth, and I use my large LM powder brush to add powder to my face. I have this in Sable, which sounds darker than it is, but it works fine on this LLL. There's no scent to this powder, and it doesn't break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2005 10:33:00 AM More reviews by coolhip1

Bought 2 compacts of pressed powder in Paris. Shortly after using both powders cracked. This also happened to my sister's. Disappointed. Don't think it was just a bad batch thing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2005 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this one, so I bough one pressed powder in translucent. unfortunately it made my skin feel dry. it looked simply natural on my skin, but didnt give it any glow or shine. my skin was just mat when I used this powder. the case is very nice looking, but the price for what's inside is just not fair, I think. so, for dry skinners, attention with this powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Interestingly, the pressed powder is better if I want to have a natural/no makeup day. I just pat some on after cleaning my face with some concealer, lipgloss and eyebrow pencil and I look good to go! It doesn't work that well with foundation for some weird reason, just turns up chalky and pasty when I do my touch ups in the day over foundation. The loose powder does better though! So I got both! Am NC30, Asian fair skinned. Got the pressed powder in peche.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2004 12:56:00 AM More reviews by haladin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was suprised to read the less than stellar reviews that MUAers gave the famous T.LeClerc powder. I think it's pretty good, although I wouldn't call myself a powder connoisseur or anything! I have it in the shade Cannelle and its always been effective in evening out skin tone and giving my face a polished look. I disagree about the graininess that some reviewers complained about, but I have yet to try Stephane Marais. I also think that the finish is pleasingly natural. I wouldn't think about buying this again, only because it's lasted me so long up until now.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by erikatang

I got mine in Sable, it looks warmer in the package but turns out to be paler than I expected. The powder feels quite grainy, it does give a smooth finish but too drying and mask-like. I prefer more transparant powder like those made by Stephane Mairis or Chantecaille.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2003 1:32:00 AM More reviews by jiji

Only thing I like about this powder is the case(hate the puff inside). When I apply ,it seems very unsettling(flaky),however my T-zone area gets oily so quickly.
Very pricy disappointment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Much more user friendly than the loose powder tins, but T.Leclerc loose powders are too drying for me. Translucide was a lovely match for my skin, but accentuated fine lines though it set my makeup perfectly and gave a velvety smoothness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2003 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like pressed powders over loose because you can carry the compact with you, and also, you can also treat it as a loose powder anyway by applying it with a large brush.

I'm forever commenting on product packaging, because that's what usually gets my attention first, and I think the bulk of what you pay for with this powder is the packaging (as well as its popularity with makeup artists). Comes in a vintage-looking mirrored silver compact encased in a black velvet pouch. The powder feels grainy to the touch but it goes on pretty smoothly. I use the "Sable" shade which is like their basic beige. I would buy this again because it's pleasing to look at as well as to use, but there are so many cheaper alternatives (Neutrogena, Cover Girl, Almay....) which would work just as well if not better.