August 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Extra Super Lash mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by kayci21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. It didn't really do anything for me - doesn't hold a curl, doesn't give volume or lengthen either. It clumps really easily too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

Eight years ago I tried this after reading a recommendation to a reader in Lucky mag. (The reader was looking for a mascara for contact wearers.) I do not wear contacts but Walgreens had a two4one sale and for 3 bucks I thought I'd splurge :) I love it! I can build up intensity without clumping. No smearing or flaking either It leaves my lashes longer than any mascara I've tried. My SO even made a comment about my lashes looking longer. I almost fainted! You can find this at Target and Walmart. It's the least expensive mascara in Rimmel's lineup.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:42:00 PM More reviews by mschloej

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is okay. It feels quite heavy and thick on the lashes, even when used sparingly. I like a natural look and I'm looking for colour more than volume or length as the tops of my lashes are blonde. This product makes lashes look too thick and clumpy for my taste and I probably won't be buying it again. I bought it to try it as I hadn't used Rimmel mascara before and the price was good. You really have to scrape a lot of the product off on the top of the tube because so much comes out on the wand. It hurts if it gets in your waterline or in your eyes, even though it says it's suitable for sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by joeylps

Bought this mascara recently and didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised :) Even though the packaging is really meh, the formula is one of the best ones i've ever come across for drugstore mascaras. It makes my lashes look really natural and glossy, like real HAIR. Most mascaras make lashes look sort of dry, brittle or clumpy but this one really goes on natural. Best of all, the lash separation is really visible! The brush is good for getting at the corners too. Only one lippie down for the time taken for the formula to dry; I think its because its meant to give a glossy look so the formula's a bit wet. So just be careful not to blink too hard. A cotton bud would be useful to clean up a bit too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Rimmel Extra Super Lash is the perfect mascara for anyone over 40 with sparse lashes. If you are a teenager you will find this mascara boring and unhelpful. And I would say most 15 year olds probably should not bother with mascara because Mother Nature already kissed your face. However, for those of us who have abused our lashes and have found age has taken away their loveliness we need a good simple practical and easy mascara to create what we lost. For all those women like myself whose lashes are no longer thick, plush and full we need a gentle touch. A mascara with a simple wand that can go from the base of the lash to the outer edge and create depth without clumping. Fullness without looking like we have sludge on our eyes. A product that will define the eye without making it look heavy. If you want drama this is not it. This is the all practical, sensible, classic, elegant, basic black masarca that will enhance your eyes not weigh them down. It comes with a wand that can gently cover each tiny insignigficant lash to create elegance without looking like we tried too hard.

Rimmel makes a great product at a price for pennies. I paid under $6.00 for this mascara. It does not last as long as I wish. I have 10 hour days and while it did not come off until I took it off, I did find my eyes itchy after 8 hours. Although it might just be I am tired after a long day of work and rubbing my eyes. And it could have been my eyeshadow too...

To conclude... A great inexpensive mascara that can be found at any Target or Walmart for the busy working mom.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MiaUnicorn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this mascara most days. One coat does the trick and it does not clump easily even with two coats. It lasts the whole day, although comes off with ease with makeup remover. The wand is not curved or anything. It is easily applied and grips your lashes easily. The tube has lasted me over 4 months. The only negative thing is that it is a little dry, but this isn't a problem for me. It also does not add length, but volume - so is perfect for people with naturally long lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I liked this mascara when I first bought it (one month ago). One coat gives a natural look with some lengthening and thickening. However with a second coat or even a third, it clumps and flakes. I use a clean mascara spoolie to remove excess clumps which helps but eventually the flaking starts. It's not fun having mascara flaking into your eyes. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I thought Extra WOW was great but this is even bettter!!! More flexible, more definition! A dream to apply!No more nightmares!
Found my HG!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised with this mascara, I wasn't expecting too much as I had previously had a bad experience with a rimmel mascara. This lengthens, separates, defines and adds just a bit of volume. For me this is an everyday natural look, if you apply more coats you'd probably get more volume and use it for a nighttime look. The only thing is that it does sometimes flake and smudge on me which I find very irritating - with mascaras in general. Plus side is the compact packaging, curved brush (I love me a curved brush) and the ease of removal.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by LockMorgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Overall, this isn't a bad mascara, or at least an everyday mascara. Especially in a pinch, it'll work just fine and I've definitely experienced worse, BUT I was relatively underwhelmed with it. It didn't clump, but it didn't volumize at all and there was barely any lengthening (even with layering, as I do with all my mascaras). I did find it a bit difficult to take off at the end of the day, but it didn't slide down my face during the day (which is a big deal for me). So, in this case, you get pretty much what you pay for (though I guess I am impressed with it for what I paid, which was all of $6 at Walmart).
If I have a choice, I won't be buying again, but if I'm in a pinch (as I was this time) it'd do for a while.