The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First impression: though it does have that silicone-y feel I am pretty pleased with the product's performance. Although I have used only once it did leave a good impression on me. I have oily skin but am using benzoyl peroxide here and there in order to have a blemish free face. First I applied my new moistruizer (Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin) which I left to sink into my skin. Then I applied this serum sparingly (<1 pump), and on top of it my new foundation (Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation). This foundation doesn't control shine at all and I start to shine after two hours of wear time. By the end of the day my skin looks horrible, like an oil slick. But, combining with these two products, although I have had a sheen, the oil control was way better with these two products than with a random moistruizer and random primer. I am really happy that it did control oil so well and that my foundation lasted longer (worn it for 10 hr!!) which encouraged me to continue to start using it on everyday basis. I recommend it for everyone who has oily or combination skin who wears foundations "for all skin types" - that don't have (any) oil control. I took one lippie off because of that silicone feel since I am not fond of it. Comparing the silicone-y feel of this serum to Benefit's Porefacional has a more moistuizing sensation and iscnot as dry as that primer. Oh, and my foundation did glide nicer! So to sum the positives: makes you foundation go on nicer, prolongs the wear time, oil control is very good, has skin benefits according to The Body Shop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Perfect makeup base. My mascara no longer leaves residue under my eye thanks to this product! Incredibly smooth application. Would prefer a bit more Moisture. Overall very nice, lovely smell.

Can someone tell me how to use this product? I brought it on impulse and without trying it at the store. What it says on the website is that it is a serum and can be use under makeup. Doesn't feel a bit like a serum and it feels really silicony and weird. Now, I have dry acne-prone skin and this does nothing to hydrate my skin and doubt it did lighten up my dark spots. Without or with makeup, this thing just fakes off. I think the gold shimmer in the serum is just another way of them saying that it gives glow / radiant to the skin which is just an illusion. Total disappointment!

Amazing product, really works for me! Makes my skin super smooth, radiant and matte. A little goes a long way and the bottle lasted for quite a while. Quite expensive, but I think my bottle made up for it. I used it under my makeup as well, and my foundation just glided right on like a dream.

Packed with silicones though, which is disappointing.

Still a great product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was recommended by their sales assistant to help make my face look less oily & let my makeup last longer. Now now, this product did none of that for me. My face still looked as oily as it did without applying this. I even gave this a chance by using it straight for 2 weeks - nope, still the same thing. The only thing I liked about this was how smooth it made my skin feel. Oh, and how little you need to cover your entire face: remember, less is more. It is expensive and all in all, I won't be repurchasing this again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

While the product smells good and is packaged in a nice bottle, which looks pretty, don't mistakenly overlook the fact it's chock-full of silicones. That was a big deal breaker for me.

Broke me out the first time I used it. Nice texture though, feels silky smooth

This is an amazing product from The Body Shop! I have oily, acne prone skin, but this did not make my skin feel greasy. It feels as soft as silk on your skin. I have recommended this to many friends who all have different skin types, and they all loved it. It is a bit pricey ($26 in Canada for the full sized one), however I would say it is definitely worth it as it lasted me almost six months using it every day.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite body shop products. I bought it on a whim during a 3 for $30 sale. I doubt I would ever pay full price for it and usually there isn't a need to with the Body Shop's good sales. I use it as a primer for my makeup and it makes my makeup go on smoother and look so much better. My makeup also stays longer. This also keeps my face from getting too oily as the day goes on. A bottle lasts for almost a year for me. I'm not sure if it does even the tone of my skin that much but it is great besides that.

It does go on slick feeling due to the silicone, but I find that it soaks in and helps my moisturizer go on smoothly. My skin is not oily by the end of the day although I am not sure if this is due to my skincare or the fact I'm getting older and finally out of the oily face stage.

Typically I am very sensitive to products and will breakout easily if my skin doesn't like it but I haven't had this issue at all.

I gave it four lippies because I haven't seen a huge difference in the appearance of my skin, but I have noticed it does appear more even toned and brighter over time. Keep in mind as well that vitamin C serums such as this are made to protect your skin against free radicals which wouldn't be an instantly noticeable and gratifying thing for people, although it is working. Using a vitamin C serum is one of the anti-aging steps that is highly recommended by skin experts in keeping your skin young.

I will continue to buy this because I want a vitamin C serum for anti aging and I have had no bad reactions to this product, have seen a slight difference in the brightness of my skin, and it isn't TOO expensive.