April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this mascara. I rotate between this and Maybelline's colossal volum but lately I've been using this a lot more. I have moderately long lashes and this increases length and gives a good boost of volume. It's not super dramatic but it looks nice for everyday wear. It lasts all day with minimal smudging/flaking and does not irritate my very sensitive eyes. My only complaints are that it can clump pretty bad and make my lashes droopy after several coats and removal is a little difficult. I picked up the our crown jewel version in the purple tube on clearance for $1.78 but the regular price of around $6 is still a great deal. I will repurchase when I run out. Definitely recommend for those looking for a better than average drugstore mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by gabbyy3789

This is a good mascara, at first I didn't like it but then I got use to the brush/formula and I liked it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissBrianna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara was very black, which I liked and how the product details stated. I don't think it did much to my lashes though. My eyelashes are long and flat and I curl my lashes. This mascara seemed more on the "wet" side and it looked like it weighed down my lashes a little and I needed to apply several coats to achieve a medium-dramatic look which I usually go for. I would recommend other mascaras such as CoverGirl Lash Blast of Benefit's They're Real! to achieve a more dramatic look or volume if you have flat lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

3.5 Wrote a review for the Blackest Black...as stated there - love that it smells like lotion, goes on nicely & smoothly (not un-evenly or jagged lash look), gives a nice natural look. After 2coats I think that is enough. Importantly too, I feel it does NOT make my lashes feel dry nor stiff / brittle. Nice every-day type mascara but I prefer the way that Million Lashes looks if I want drama & def want to try the Million Lashes Excess (in this Voluminous series). I recall it being a little more thickening when my Mom bought it for me back in like 2009 ish, but perhaps that's b/c it takes the formula a couple wks to thicken a little as I just got 2nd time in life yest. I will re purchase in CARBON Black only.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by DigitalBeauty41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

L'oreal has the best drugstore beauty products. The L'Oreal Voluminous mascara has been a staple in my makeup bag for years. I have tried mascaras of all prices and I really don't see the big difference between drugstore and prestige brands. There is no need to spend extra on masacara.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by redlips2

I have extremely short eyelashes so I thought I would give this a try but it smudges so fast and it clumps my eyelashes! Not just that, but it doesn't give me the volume I want. I'm now using Cherry Blooms mascara, which is 10x times better than this! It makes me look like I've got fake eyelashes. Everyone must try if you're not blessed with long eyelashes like me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Whitestats03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to swear by the Carbon Black and telescopic Then used Better than Sex for awhile and loved it but not the price every three months. all three started to flake on smudge on me. Not cool. Even when new. So after buying the butterfly one, double extend, cover girl flame out, voluminous million excess, blah blah blah. I was pooped out. Returned them all. Wanted my better than sex and carbon black back. But not the price. So I went on a limb again today and grabbed a mini Bare Minerals Lash Domination with this orig Voluminous curved wand in Very black. Holy crapolla!!!! It's better than better than sex. I used my lash domination for three thin coats and needed some more length and used one coat of this on top to lengthen. It's insane. Four people today asked which false lashes I was wearing No lie!!!!! Lash Dom worked wonders for my bottom lashes w this on top. No flaking or smudging so far. I'm in absolute looooove. This combo is unreal ladies. Remember each coat do it nice n light n thin. Ull see!!!;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Still my favorite - I prefer mascaras that deposit a lot of product because my lashes are pretty thin and unnoticeable without anything on them. Voluminous is the best at making my lashes look full without being over the top clumpy. Comfortable bristles on the mascara wand - not too wiry. I've tried other drugstore brands as well as high end dept store brands, but L'Oreal Voluminous is what I go back to each time. Definitely my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I have this in the waterproof formula.
I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't do much for my lashes, it didn't add volume or do anything extraordinary compared to other products I have used.
On top of that, I have the waterproof formula yet it somehow smudges off! which is extremely annoying because I end up with black blotches under my eyes.
Also, my lashes fall out when I remove this.
Overall, I don't like it, the quality is okay, and it's nothing great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by MissTheno

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite! I have a hard time with mascaras. High end are too heavy and weigh my lashes down. Low end are too dry and flaky and get all over my face. This is the perfect middle ground. My curl stays in aaaaaall day, the lashes stay in place and there is absolutely no flaking (unlike the waterproof version which flakes constantly all day). And even though this isn't waterproof, I've never had a problem but I don't swim in it or anything. My hg mascara.