September 3, 2014 | 1322 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite neutral nail colour to date... classy, elongates fingers... yet still noticeable. And warmer than most nudes.... doesn't make fingers look dead or emphasize paleness in Winter. Opaque from first cooat more than the average polish. Love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Can I just say I freaking love the names OPI gives to their nail polishes! Samoan Sand is a neutral beige with a tiny hint of peach. If I compare it Malaysian Mist, there are no similarities, except you need 3-4 coats for complete opacity too. Perfectly appropriate for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite nail polish shade ever :) I was searching for a perfect neutral for work and this is it. It looks so feminine and classy on. It takes about four coats to get it to the opaqueness I like but it's worth it because it doesn't chip for days. Love love love and I'm looking forward to trying out more OPI shades like this.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by mzebra

I am very pleased with this neutral. The slight peachy tone keeps the color from looking drab. My fingers look longer and thinner. This is a great go to for looking either professional or sophisticated. Plus since it looks similar to my skin already, chipping and tip wear are not very distracting when the inevitable happens.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ah my search for the perfect nude nail polish is over. Samoan Sand is a perfect peachy neutral nude goes great skin tones in the NC 20 to 40 range and NW 20 to NW 40. It dos take about 3 coats to obtain full opaque coverage. Will def repurchase in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

This is a slightly peachy beige color. I like the color most of the time, but in certain lighting, there is something about this color that makes my cuticles look really dark in an unhealthy way. I am Asian with medium-light skin (NC20-25), so if you're like me, I would advise you to try it before buying. Formula-wise, I found it to be quite streaky and thin. I don't like the look of VNL, so I ended up putting on at least 3 thick layers. On my right hand I think it took up to 6 layers because I am not as good at applying polish with my left hand, and it took that many layers to get rid of the streakiness. The only good thing is that there isn't that much tip wear with so many layers. I had this polish on for a whole week and had no problems with chipping or tip wear. Normally I get tip wear on day 3. The only reason I took it off was because my nails grew enough that there was a gap between my cuticles and where the polish started.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is my #1 HG favorite nude polish, going on three years running. Love this for a neutral nail, great long lasting formula. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by smootsa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

this is the luxury camel coat of the nail polish world. on the right colouring it's understated and very classy. in fairness it's a touch too yellow for my skin (NC20) but when i'm wearing it i just can't help admiring it ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Love this and my hunt for the perfect nude for my skin is over (for reference, NC40/42 in MAC). This is a nude with warmth that doesn't make me look sallow, but is chic and sophisticated. It is almost entirely opaque with 2 coats (perhaps I apply thicker coats than many?) but you might feel like 3 coats works better. I have had no issues with formula, and I prefer the wide OPI brush because I have wide nail beds. Have had this on for a few days on with an average topcoat, and don't have any chips so far.
Very happy with this and would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Ebelida

I don't understand the hype surrounding this nail polish! I don't care for the color, as it is dull. I love OPI usually, but this formula is goopy and just plain gross. Perhaps I got a dud bottle. I don't want to chance it and try another!