OPI Samoan Sand

4.3

on 7/12/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Bought many bottles of OPI in one shot due to all the great reviews~~ but it really sucks in my opinion. This is one of the colors i bought, way too transparent thus take TOO MANY layers to make the color visible and it tends to be very streaky when apply and doesn't even out by itself. Also OPI nail polish generally takes too long to dry, and remains soft for even longer, which means if i apply at night, I'll definitely wake up in the morning with blanket/sheet prints on my nails!!!! Which happens every single time even i waited for hours before go to bed!!! Btw it's also too overpriced for it's quality, which is so-so at most.

on 7/10/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow really excited to write this review, this is a very pretty caramel peach nude. On my NC40 skin tone its a my nails but better color. Takes 3 coats to achieve the perfect finish. If you are on the market for a nude color, def worth giving this a try.

on 6/24/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

My favourite neutral nail colour to date... classy, elongates fingers... yet still noticeable. And warmer than most nudes.... doesn't make fingers look dead or emphasize paleness in Winter. Opaque from first cooat more than the average polish. Love.

on 6/5/2013 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Can I just say I freaking love the names OPI gives to their nail polishes! Samoan Sand is a neutral beige with a tiny hint of peach. If I compare it Malaysian Mist, there are no similarities, except you need 3-4 coats for complete opacity too. Perfectly appropriate for any occasion.

on 4/11/2013 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

My favorite nail polish shade ever :) I was searching for a perfect neutral for work and this is it. It looks so feminine and classy on. It takes about four coats to get it to the opaqueness I like but it's worth it because it doesn't chip for days. Love love love and I'm looking forward to trying out more OPI shades like this.

on 4/6/2013 7:12:00 PM

I am very pleased with this neutral. The slight peachy tone keeps the color from looking drab. My fingers look longer and thinner. This is a great go to for looking either professional or sophisticated. Plus since it looks similar to my skin already, chipping and tip wear are not very distracting when the inevitable happens.

on 1/27/2013 7:43:00 PM

Ah my search for the perfect nude nail polish is over. Samoan Sand is a perfect peachy neutral nude goes great skin tones in the NC 20 to 40 range and NW 20 to NW 40. It dos take about 3 coats to obtain full opaque coverage. Will def repurchase in the future.

on 1/10/2013 9:44:00 PM

This is a slightly peachy beige color. I like the color most of the time, but in certain lighting, there is something about this color that makes my cuticles look really dark in an unhealthy way. I am Asian with medium-light skin (NC20-25), so if you're like me, I would advise you to try it before buying. Formula-wise, I found it to be quite streaky and thin. I don't like the look of VNL, so I ended up putting on at least 3 thick layers. On my right hand I think it took up to 6 layers because I am not as good at applying polish with my left hand, and it took that many layers to get rid of the streakiness. The only good thing is that there isn't that much tip wear with so many layers. I had this polish on for a whole week and had no problems with chipping or tip wear. Normally I get tip wear on day 3. The only reason I took it off was because my nails grew enough that there was a gap between my cuticles and where the polish started.

on 12/18/2012 5:51:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This is my #1 HG favorite nude polish, going on three years running. Love this for a neutral nail, great long lasting formula. Will continue to repurchase.

on 10/20/2012 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is the luxury camel coat of the nail polish world. on the right colouring it's understated and very classy. in fairness it's a touch too yellow for my skin (NC20) but when i'm wearing it i just can't help admiring it ;-)

Popular Polishes