Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner

4.2

Not tested on animals

Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, milk protein, glycerin, myroxylon pereirae (balsam Peru) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil*, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi copolymer, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) oil*, glycoprotein, tocopheryl acetate, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, equisetum hyemale (horsetail) extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, ascorbic acid, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene. *Organic

on 5/19/2013 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Used it for the first time today and it is now my favourite over Giovanni Deep Moisture. I used as a deep conditioner and wore under a heated cap for 15 mins then washed with Aubrey GPB shampoo and another go with the conditioner. AMAZING!

Not sure whether i can use as a weekly conditioner but will give it a go!
I'd definitely recommend :)

I bought mine from IHerb which is incredibly cheap!!

on 5/9/2013 9:55:00 AM

I don't know what the hype is about this conditioner. I love that it has good ingredients, but I found that it didn't really do anything for my hair, if anything it made it drier?

I have very normal, straight hair and I can't use products that are very moisturizing nor for oily hair. This one seemed to be a middle-of-the-road product but I wasn't wowed with it.

It's very heavily scented, like a powdery-perfumey smell and it felt like it kind of disappeared in my hair once I applied it.

Was glad I tried it out, but I will not be repurchasing.

on 3/31/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I am a woman of color with Type 3b naturally curly hair. My hair is very dry and is prone to tangles. And, I am a woman of color as well (of Black, Caucasian, and Mexican descent).

When it comes to conditioners that I have used, this is one of the best ones that I have ever come across! It gives my hair nice slip, it moisturizes my hair nicely, and it really aids in strengthening and warding off breakage with my hair quite well. And, I especially like that you can use this product before ceansing your hair (as a pre-poo treatment) or afterwards (as a deep conditioning treatment).

The only problem that I have with this product is its smell. It has a noticeably strong herbal smell to it. It's smell is surely not a pleasant one. And, if I actually didn't like how well this product works for my hair, I actually would have stopped using this stuff right away.
After i use up all that i have of it, i don't plan to repurchase anymore. My reason for doing so is purely do to its smelll, and not due to the actual performance of the product.
This product has a rich consistency to it. However, it does spread very easily onto the hair. But, it is not the easiest at times to get out of the bottle. Also, this conditioner is the easiest to find. There are no stores near me that actually sell this stuff. So, I have to order it from online and then wait for it to be shipped out to me.

And, I actually like to rotate this conditioner in with my other ones. I prefer to use it twice a month on my hair. And, this happens to work out best for my hair, but after i use up the bottles i do have i don't plan to buy anymore. I love the results, just wish this stuff smelled a whole lot better. Because of it's very strong scent, that's the only reason why I won't be buying anymore bottles of this stuff again.

on 1/27/2013 3:51:00 AM

Slip is not good. No silicones though. I guess it makes my hair stronger with protein though. I could just use an egg. But well, okay, people say it works so I guess it's doing something.

I'm returning it because my hair feels dry after using this, unless I use a second conditioner afterwards. If my hair will be dry and tangly I'd rather just save money and give my hair protein with eggs, etc.

on 12/17/2012 1:52:00 PM

HG conditioner. The smell is pleasant, makes my hair super soft and manageable. My hairdresser commented on how healthy my hair looks! Love it. Have repurchased again and again.

on 12/4/2012 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

First of all: I like the smell. Hard to describe but yes, a vintage Revlonís Flex sort of scent. I first had to get used to it but once I did, I loved it. For a while it also was enough for my dry, processed, frizz prone hair, but since few months it is not enough moisturizing and for this reason I use the Aubrey Island Naturals much more. I also suspect that my hair doesnít like too much protein. I have also noticed, travelling, that it performs very different depending on the quality of water. Very good with soft water, bad with the hard one. Just to consider.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

An amazing conditioner!! Works great with my 3c/4a curls. Keeps them moisturized and strong. I have nothing but great success with this product. My absolute HG when it comes to hair protein conditioners!

on 7/19/2012 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love this stuff! My hair feels like it had a nice drink of moisture after I've used this conditioner. Leaves my hair extremely glossy and soft but not weighed down and it's not an extreme gloss or softness that salon conditioners give, it's just a different kind of effect, it lets your hair's own natural shine and texture come through. The conditioner is a bit odd feeling, a bit light and feels like it's not working when compared to salon conditioner, but it really does work well. You have to wait 3 minutes before washing it out, or longer if you want, to get the desired effect but it's worth it. I like that it doesn't contain sulfates or silicones or unnatural fragrance(s) and it doesn't break my skin out like salon products sometimes do. I use this on days when my hair needs deep moisturizing or I'm not planning on seriously styling my hair. The scent is nice, kind of like a herbal '70's men's fragrance scent. Great product and will keep using as long as they keep making it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great conditioner. I started using it once a month for protein treatments; however, now I use it twice a month to maintain a healthy protein and moisture balance for my hair. I've noticed that when my hair is super tangled that I need a protein treatment and AO GPB does the trick. After applying it to my dry hair for 30 minutes, I am left with nice, shiny, detangled hair. I have used it on wet hair as well, but it works best for me if I use it on dry hair. Since it is a moisture balanced protein, there is no need to use a deep conditioning treatment after using this one. If your hair is dry after using this then you don't need a protein treatment.

on 5/6/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Easy to rinse, unlike HSR and Swimmers. Easy to comb through, leaves hair soft. The only Aubrey conditioner I like. Rated 4 only because I have something I like more, and because this would be better in a squeeze tube.