September 30, 2014 | 1881 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by angelaccpan

I purchased this because of the high rating on Makeup Alley. I was really excited to try it, but it is not gentle AT ALL! it made my face sting immediately. I thought it might help with acne, but after only 2 uses, small red bumps start to appear on the side of my face! I've never had this happen to me before... this is horrible, I don't understand why so many people recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by neveralways142

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best cleanser that I've found for my acne prone skin so far. While it doesn't clear it up completely, it's much more effective than any other cleanser I've tried, and much gentler. My skin always feels great after using this, without feeling dried out. I use tea tree oil to really spot treat and dry up breakouts, but this is what I use to gently cleanse and maintain my skin. I'll keep using it unless I find something better :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by TB1234

I have been using this bar for a week, and although I should really be holding out before I write a review - I just had to share it with you all!

I started taking Biotin (worst mistake ever) and that coupled with drinking milk for the first time in years and the winter weather had the most explosive bout of adult acne I've ever had. It was devastating and depressing. I'm waaay too old for this sh*t! :(

Anyway sad story aside, I purchased the GENTLE cleansing bar after reading reviews on here and I am so happy I did. Immediately my skin felt cleansed properly. I had been using the Cetaphil cleansing liquid and along with the rest of the fellow MUA users, found it to to be pretty useless.

This bar is the business. Truly. It dried my pimples out without drying my otherwise healthy skin surrounding the congested area out. It truly is a godsend - give it a go x Goodluck

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by whisper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This soap has been a tried and true favorite of mine for over a decade and a half. I have rather sensitive/reactive skin. I have to be careful with what products I use on not only my face but also my entire body. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar cleans thoroughly, yet it's gentle; it doesn't strip my skin of its natural moisture. The fragrance is mild and pleasant. Sort of generic ("soapy") but clean. One bar lasts surprisingly long, especially if you take care to store it away from direct moisture (i.e. in a soap dish or shower rack w/drainage slots so it can dry in between uses). What I appreciate most about this product is that, way back when I first started using this (many years ago!), I felt a significant change in the softness of my skin. It was a literal skin transformation for me, all thanks to using this soap. I also keep a bar of this in my kitchen for hand soap, and it totally softens the skin on my hands; a must-have for frequent hand washers if you ask me. There's a reason why Cetaphil is the dermatological "gold standard." I actually have a dermatologist in my family, and he's recommended Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers for as long as I can remember. If you're looking for a no-frills bar soap that cleanses without drying and leaves your skin feeling baby-butt smooth, then look no further. Apart from the odd hotel mini soap when I'm traveling (e.g. Molton Brown) I won't use any other soap. Cetaphil falls under the "if it's not broken, then don't fix it" category for me. I've repurchased this soap so many times over the years that I lost count a long time ago. I'm also a long-time devotee of the Gentle Skin Cleanser (liquid) for my face/neck which is equally superb. Been using Cetaphil to cleanse my face and body for about 15 years now, and my skin looks amazing. I see myself using these products forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
~perfect for eczema/sensitive skin.
~gives a nice clean feeling.
~not scented.
~doesn't leave soap residue, it's very light.

Cons:
~it's kind of pricey BUT money well worth spent! I have eczema all over my body and this is a miracle. I would cry because my skin would crack and dry out, and look unattractive and old! But now, my skin looks beautiful. Love love love this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil to me as an alternate to the gentle skin cleanser. I happen to like the bar better because it does treat acne because of an ingredient 'Triclosan' It can be somewhat drying on the skin so i suggest using it only at night to wash off makeup. It is relatively cheap costing around $4.00. The only con about this cleansing bar is that it is hard to travel with and can dissolve easily if left in a container with water in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This works better for people with oily skin, than the formula for oily skin. I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and use this with my clarisonic when I have major breakouts. You could also use this with a washcloth. Just make sure the washcloth and the soap bar are kept clean. Good stuff!

I do think this may be harsher on people with normal to dry skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this cleanser. I use it on a daily basis am and pm. I have tried multiple cleansers available at Sephora but this has been the stand out cleanser for me. It has a very nice delicate smell, it lathers up to a beautiful creamy froth, and leaves my face feeling clean -never tight. I find that it has kept my blackheads/white heads to a minimum. It has not broken me out what so ever. Since I am acne prone at times where I feel "blemishy" I will wash with this once and then follow with the Oxy Clean 5% cleanser. The later is a TREATMENT cleanser while the former is a traditional gentle cleanser. So essentially the cetaphil gets my face super nice and clean so that the acne treatment can penetrate deeper and really target any developing spots. Using these two products has DRAMATICALLY changed my skin. LOVE. Paired with the glam glow masks and the Oxy 5% treatment and badabing badaboom you've got clear happy skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

I cannot believe how well this works! This is ONLY thing that has completely cleared up my mild bacne breakouts without making my skin dry and uncomfortable. I've started usig this on my entire body and it leaves my skin so soft and smooth, not to mention clear. I would only have a couple of breakouts here and there on my back. Nothing serious but it seemed I always had an issue there and it was enough that I would feel self conscious wearing tank tops or bikinis. I still can't believe how clear and smooth my skin is.
I have tried this on my face despite the cardinal rule that you DO NOT use bar soap on your face. It just feels wrong and my facial skin doesn't seem to like this as well as my body. Update: My back is perfectly clear now from using this. I have noticed it has also helped clear up some eczema I had on my foot. I cannot be without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by leilajansen

I have used this soap for 2 days now and has caused me to break out on my cheek and area nearby my mouth.

I always go for sensitive products. This soap is as expensive as a moisturizer, but, since it claims to be gentle, I thought that it was worth the buy.

Firstly, if you are allergic or sensitive to any type of fragrance, this soap is not for you. It has quite a perfumed odor for a "gentle" soap. At first, it seemed to be quite gentle on my skin and my skin looked really clean...but after a few uses, I started to break out.

I will now have to use it on my body only...it's too strong for my face. Very expensive soap to use only for my body, so I won't buy this again.