Cetaphil Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

4.2

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

on 3/3/2014 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the cetaphil soap bar.It's so foamy and creamy and really helps clean off all my makeup including eye makeup. It's cheap and easy to take with me whenever i travel i just pop it in a plastic baggy. This is my holy grail of face wash.

on 2/19/2014 12:00:00 PM

I have been using this product for YEARS ! i have tried high end brands as well as lower end and nothing works for my skin like cetaphil does! I use it day and night all over my body to prevent break outs everywhere and it is amazing ! i have very sensitive skin and i am not really prone to major break outs that much but the times that i have stopped using it just to search around i have definitly noticed how much my skin LOVES and NEEDS cetaphil.. it can get your skin a little dry and i think its because soaps tend to do that a bit so if you have dry skin i would recomend the cleanser that comes in the bottle rather then the actual soap .. TRY it you wont regret it !

on 1/30/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is honestly the only product that has been able to have a significant impact on my oily, acne - prone skin. I've tried many different products that have worked for a few days, but then resulted in the same thing - dried out, irritated skin that began to break out worse than before using the product. It has taken a few weeks to completely clear up my skin, but I can now say that washing my face once a day with this soap I no longer have acne. My skin has smoothed out and is no longer bumpy or red. I do moisturize morning and night as this can be drying for sensitive skin, but as long as you moisturize and don't overwash, this product can work wonders. I use it with my Clarisonic Mia.

on 9/13/2013 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this because of the high rating on Makeup Alley. I was really excited to try it, but it is not gentle AT ALL! it made my face sting immediately. I thought it might help with acne, but after only 2 uses, small red bumps start to appear on the side of my face! I've never had this happen to me before... this is horrible, I don't understand why so many people recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Best cleanser that I've found for my acne prone skin so far. While it doesn't clear it up completely, it's much more effective than any other cleanser I've tried, and much gentler. My skin always feels great after using this, without feeling dried out. I use tea tree oil to really spot treat and dry up breakouts, but this is what I use to gently cleanse and maintain my skin. I'll keep using it unless I find something better :)

on 6/28/2013 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have been using this bar for a week, and although I should really be holding out before I write a review - I just had to share it with you all!

I started taking Biotin (worst mistake ever) and that coupled with drinking milk for the first time in years and the winter weather had the most explosive bout of adult acne I've ever had. It was devastating and depressing. I'm waaay too old for this sh*t! :(

Anyway sad story aside, I purchased the GENTLE cleansing bar after reading reviews on here and I am so happy I did. Immediately my skin felt cleansed properly. I had been using the Cetaphil cleansing liquid and along with the rest of the fellow MUA users, found it to to be pretty useless.

This bar is the business. Truly. It dried my pimples out without drying my otherwise healthy skin surrounding the congested area out. It truly is a godsend - give it a go x Goodluck

on 6/1/2013 11:35:00 AM

This soap has been a tried and true favorite of mine for over a decade and a half. I have rather sensitive/reactive skin. I have to be careful with what products I use on not only my face but also my entire body. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar cleans thoroughly, yet it's gentle; it doesn't strip my skin of its natural moisture. The fragrance is mild and pleasant. Sort of generic ("soapy") but clean. One bar lasts surprisingly long, especially if you take care to store it away from direct moisture (i.e. in a soap dish or shower rack w/drainage slots so it can dry in between uses). What I appreciate most about this product is that, way back when I first started using this (many years ago!), I felt a significant change in the softness of my skin. It was a literal skin transformation for me, all thanks to using this soap. I also keep a bar of this in my kitchen for hand soap, and it totally softens the skin on my hands; a must-have for frequent hand washers if you ask me. There's a reason why Cetaphil is the dermatological "gold standard." I actually have a dermatologist in my family, and he's recommended Cetaphil cleansers and moisturizers for as long as I can remember. If you're looking for a no-frills bar soap that cleanses without drying and leaves your skin feeling baby-butt smooth, then look no further. Apart from the odd hotel mini soap when I'm traveling (e.g. Molton Brown) I won't use any other soap. Cetaphil falls under the "if it's not broken, then don't fix it" category for me. I've repurchased this soap so many times over the years that I lost count a long time ago. I'm also a long-time devotee of the Gentle Skin Cleanser (liquid) for my face/neck which is equally superb. Been using Cetaphil to cleanse my face and body for about 15 years now, and my skin looks amazing. I see myself using these products forever.

on 3/19/2013 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:
~perfect for eczema/sensitive skin.
~gives a nice clean feeling.
~not scented.
~doesn't leave soap residue, it's very light.

Cons:
~it's kind of pricey BUT money well worth spent! I have eczema all over my body and this is a miracle. I would cry because my skin would crack and dry out, and look unattractive and old! But now, my skin looks beautiful. Love love love this product!

on 3/6/2013 3:40:00 PM

My dermatologist recommended Cetaphil to me as an alternate to the gentle skin cleanser. I happen to like the bar better because it does treat acne because of an ingredient 'Triclosan' It can be somewhat drying on the skin so i suggest using it only at night to wash off makeup. It is relatively cheap costing around $4.00. The only con about this cleansing bar is that it is hard to travel with and can dissolve easily if left in a container with water in the shower.

on 3/3/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This works better for people with oily skin, than the formula for oily skin. I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and use this with my clarisonic when I have major breakouts. You could also use this with a washcloth. Just make sure the washcloth and the soap bar are kept clean. Good stuff!

I do think this may be harsher on people with normal to dry skin though.