April 17, 2014 | 931 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

This works better for people with oily skin, than the formula for oily skin. I have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin and use this with my clarisonic when I have major breakouts. You could also use this with a washcloth. Just make sure the washcloth and the soap bar are kept clean. Good stuff!

I do think this may be harsher on people with normal to dry skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this cleanser. I use it on a daily basis am and pm. I have tried multiple cleansers available at Sephora but this has been the stand out cleanser for me. It has a very nice delicate smell, it lathers up to a beautiful creamy froth, and leaves my face feeling clean -never tight. I find that it has kept my blackheads/white heads to a minimum. It has not broken me out what so ever. Since I am acne prone at times where I feel "blemishy" I will wash with this once and then follow with the Oxy Clean 5% cleanser. The later is a TREATMENT cleanser while the former is a traditional gentle cleanser. So essentially the cetaphil gets my face super nice and clean so that the acne treatment can penetrate deeper and really target any developing spots. Using these two products has DRAMATICALLY changed my skin. LOVE. Paired with the glam glow masks and the Oxy 5% treatment and badabing badaboom you've got clear happy skin :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 8:39:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

I cannot believe how well this works! This is ONLY thing that has completely cleared up my mild bacne breakouts without making my skin dry and uncomfortable. I've started usig this on my entire body and it leaves my skin so soft and smooth, not to mention clear. I would only have a couple of breakouts here and there on my back. Nothing serious but it seemed I always had an issue there and it was enough that I would feel self conscious wearing tank tops or bikinis. I still can't believe how clear and smooth my skin is.
I have tried this on my face despite the cardinal rule that you DO NOT use bar soap on your face. It just feels wrong and my facial skin doesn't seem to like this as well as my body. Update: My back is perfectly clear now from using this. I have noticed it has also helped clear up some eczema I had on my foot. I cannot be without this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2013 8:07:00 AM More reviews by leilajansen

I have used this soap for 2 days now and has caused me to break out on my cheek and area nearby my mouth.

I always go for sensitive products. This soap is as expensive as a moisturizer, but, since it claims to be gentle, I thought that it was worth the buy.

Firstly, if you are allergic or sensitive to any type of fragrance, this soap is not for you. It has quite a perfumed odor for a "gentle" soap. At first, it seemed to be quite gentle on my skin and my skin looked really clean...but after a few uses, I started to break out.

I will now have to use it on my body only...it's too strong for my face. Very expensive soap to use only for my body, so I won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Allybrooke737

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! I was having trouble with acne on my chin! I had tried tons of products and none of them helped the way cetaphil has. I use this product every night and every morning! I am so happy I found it because it has gotten rid of my acne and doesn't cost a lot! I will definitely be purchasing this again!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I am one of the ones who this product did not work for. I bought this soap after I ran out of my usual face wash and couldn't find it at the pharmacy. I have heard great things about Cetaphil and how mild it is. For reference, I have acne prone sensitive skin. I used this soap on my face twice a day as well as on my body, which can be acne prone as well. The first few days I felt like this product was cleaning my skin well and was gentle. Then I noticed my back was bumpy and rough. I continued to use the soap on my face and after about a week and half, my face was bumpy and rough just like my back. Now my chin is breaking out a bit and my forehead is VERY dry. Since discounting use, my back has mostly cleared up and my face remains a mess. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by cagedpopmachine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this a few weeks now, my skin has looked the best in ages. About two weeks before I started using this I was getting breakouts, nothing was really helping. I started using this, I'd used cetaphil for oily skin a few years ago and was "meh" on it. This cleared up my breakout and has cleared out much of the blackheads I had on my cheeks and is improving the blackhead situation on my nose. I use it morning and evening, and skin is looking great in the morning. My pores actually look smaller because they're no longer clogged! I don't think it's moisturizing. I have combo/oily skin that's prone to dry patches in the cold months, and I'm still getting dry patches but that's better remedied by moisturizer. Definitely the best cleanser I've ever used, by far. I think it'd work well for any skin type. I love that it's cheap and widely available too. the bar form is sometimes less than ideal, but I use a travel soap dish that has to keep it clean and dry and that works just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jaymt

I was using acne cleansers to try and help my moderate acne but they weren't working. I didn't like how harsh they felt on my skin. I switched to using this alone and it has made quite a difference. it hasn't eradicated my breakouts but it has improved my skin clarity and it's so much gentler. I have already repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ashleeco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

words cannot describe how this product saved me.

i started suffering adult onset cystic acne about a year ago. i was absolutely horrified.

i tried so many things. nothing worked.

i don't even know what to say. it's a miracle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by OnaClearDay21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended this product for my back acne. After using it religiously for the last 8 weeks I am very pleased with my results. I am no longer getting any new breakouts and it is healing my existing acne. The bar usually lasts me about 2-3 weeks. I find this product more effective than the Cetaphil pump cleanser and would recommend this to anyone suffering from embarrassing acne on the chest/shoulder/back area.