December 18, 2014 | 1687 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Kentauride

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think my hunt for the perfect pressed powder has finally come to an end. I love this compact. The powder is lovely, finely milled. When I first opened it and saw the puff (maybe we should call it "the flat" because it is not puffy) I laughed and almost threw it away without even trying it based on other reviews. But this compact is very slim and small, and typical replacement puffs are too thick and too big to fit inside, so I gave it a try. And I actually like it. It picks up quite a bit of product if you use pressure or it can pick up just a small amount if you gently waft it over the powder. Press it to your face, don't slide it across the skin. I use a small brush (I like the brush that is for the Hourglass Ambient finishing powders) to blend it a little afterwards but it is not really necessary. I use this for touchups, not for initial powdering which I do with the Chanel loose powder. There is a faint fragrance, roses I think, but it is very light and sophisticated, unlike some other Chanel products.

The compact itself is that iconic shiny black square design with the Chanel logo on top and a velvet pouch to keep it in. The mechanism to open and close is easy to use. The mirror is a little small since the compact itself is quite small, and I only wish I could open it a little past the perfect 90 degrees, but that's really a nitpick. I also read on here that the puff falls apart if you wash it, so I was kind of scared to wash mine but I went ahead and did it anyway. I found that it washes out just fine, I just used some facewash and rinsed it well. I gently folded it in half and squeezed out as much water as I could, then I used my blow dryer on medium until it felt pretty dry. Then I switched to cool for a minute or so. It still felt a little damp but I let it air dry from that point and it was fine the next morning. Washing it did flatten out the embossed Chanel logo on the puff but clean is more important to me than branding!

Overall, I love it. I will repurchase it.

Edit: I have hit pan and washed my puff multiple times. Still loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by vishkhoda

hello i am loving this powder since i tried it out Chanel counter in Debenhams and i wanted a powder to touch up on but that would not cause cakey finish or give me reaction as my skins is sensitive but combination type skin. i love the look of it and that it compact with mirror. i got disocunt with my Debenhams beauty card cause i bought the Chanel rouge coco shine hydrating lip shine in chic. when i had it applied on my skin you couldent tell that i am wearing powder and it matches with my skin perfectly i got this in natural translucent 2. But am loving it already . i have had maybelline fitme compact powder and rimmel stay matte powder .

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by funky_bee

I didn't like this product when I first got it. I used it with the puff that came with the powder and the result was a chalky matte mess. I have been using it with a different puff these days and the result is amazing. The new puff I have picks up just the right amount of powder. My pores are minimized and while matte, it does not make my skin look 'flat'. Oil control is clearly better than Chanel Mat Lumiere and offers a very natural finish. This powder is perfect for humid climates like the South-East Asia, but might be too drying for ladies living in colder climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jessierose27

I love using this after my foundation. Silky matte, kills the oil, and never cakey touch ups.

Edit:
I LOVE THIS ON MY SECOND!!!!!! Never cakey touch ups!!!! And makes your face look flawless. I wear this legit alone to school sometimes and just wear some concealer/corrector. And I look polished.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i just got this at duty free. i bought this on a whim because i loved the packaging. well it chanel. at first i expected nothing extraordinary just another pressed powder i bought. after using it several times i think i DO like this pressed powder though i still think my sheer finish bobbi brown is slightly better milled. i swatched it on half of my face with a drugstore brand powder and i can say this matches me perfectly. it looks really natural and elegant on me, i personally love this powder. this and my bobbi brown sheer finish are my hg. i even stocked up the bobbi brown one and i'll definitely do the same with this thing. i know its quite pricey but its a high end brand and its worth the money.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by totallyfantabulous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not cover well at all, doesn't even seem like applied when it is applied.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I had my first compact from Chanel together with the Perfection Lumiere as a birthday present. I love this powder. The packaging is so lovely and elegant that I sometimes take it out just to adore it. The powder is very very fine and its almost translucent. It doesn't give you a super matte and powdery finish, in fact, the finish is rather velvety and soft. I found it better to apply with a kabuki brush or tapered powder brush than using the sponge supplied. The only down side of the powder is, due to its very fine texture, and when you apply with a brush, you really have to make sure the brush does not have any oil or liquid stuck on it (from your face or makeup) as it tends to clump and dry to patches if your brush is not completely dry (well the dry patched can be removed by cellotype so it is not the end of the world). Overall, I have a feeling I have just found the powder for life (yup, this is how much I love it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by LuxuryLover13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this compact a few days ago and have been using it every day.
First of all, the packaging is exquisite! Absolutely beautiful!
Secondly, I noticed that it does not come with a brush, unlike the powder foundation compacts. This is a shame as the included sponge is not great.
The now to the powder itself. It is a good powder, but nothing amazing. I feel like the finish it leaves on the skin is not as airbrushed as it could be, as the face still LOOKS powdered. You want it too look natural, not like you have applied powder.
Compared to other powders, it is good and of course it is Chanel so know it is of high quality, however, it is not as amazing as I thought it would be.
Will I still use it? of course! It is still better than cheap drugstore brands! but compared to bobbi brown, clinique, la mer and la prairie, it has a lot of improving to do.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Shade 20 Clair for my NC25-30 skin. I was looking for a sheer pressed powder for touchups. This mattifies, making my skin look poreless and radiant (due to very slight sheen of the powder). I like that it is not dead matte. Luxurious packaging typical of Chanel but the puff is really lacking. Overall a very beautiful, finely-milled powder that gives me a soft-focus glow (healthy and luminous; not oily).

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by Lakesoverocean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. Sorry, but soooooo much more was expected. Nothing special and for a Chanel product - shouldn't it be?