November 23, 2014 | 2071 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Gentle Cleansing Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by natasha102002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this. I am a huge nivea fan. I love their stuff. This cleared up many of my little whiteheads and pimples. Used in conjunction with Thayers Rose Water and Witch Hazel Toner, followed by Nivea Soft, my skin is clearing up nicely. But remember this a gentle, mild cleanser not for super oily makeup-covered skin! Take off your makeup first!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Marsaries

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my reference morning cleanser - I use a more deep cleansing gel at night. It is gentle and soothing and has a pleasant smell, perfect to start the day. I leave it on as a mask in the shower for that extra moisture. Strictly nothing bad to say about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by leenafuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this cleanser. My skin is quite dry and sensitive and I use this product every night. I love the creamy consistency and it doesn't leave my skin itchy and tight afterwards. I haven't had a bad breakout since I've used the cleanser (about 2 months). Will def repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by XxImmyxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. I have dry patches in some areas too. However I find this caters for all of my face! Even though it's a cream it doesn't seem to make my skin any oilier. It makes my skin smooth, soft and glowy! I find my skin is hydrated all day long too. It's very gentle, and I found that after using it my cystic acne started to go away and come up less frequently. The only bad thing is that it does sometimes clog my pores on some of my skin (especially my cheeks) and I get smaller acne from time to time. It also is harder to wash off as it is quite thick. Its thickness also means that some gets stuck in the bottle, and you have to stick a finger in to scoop out the bits that won't come out, a better designed bottle would be good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Been using it for about two weeks now. I was using Clean and Clear before but it wasn't working at all to clear up my skin. I was skeptical that this would do anything for my face since it lacks salicylic acid or benzyol peroxide. Maybe those ingredients were just too harsh for my sensitive skin? My face is much clearer and very smooth now. This stuff was cheap too, around 5 bucks Canadian. Will repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by LauraW74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this on-and-off, switching between it and the Nivea cleansing gel for normal/combination skin. After experimenting between the two, I like this better. I have been getting so many pimples on my forehead lately despite my meticulous skin care and hygiene routine, and I think I realized that I'm over-doing it... I need moisture! This cleanses without being too drying, but you do need a little extra cleaning power a couple times a week.
Now I use this, a home-made scrub and toner (though the Nivea ones aren't bad), and various moisturizers... I haven't foud the right one yet. I think both Nivea daytime moisturizers and the night ones soak in too quickly, and leave my skin kind of oily. I might switch to a home-made moisturizer... olive oil maybe?

EDIT: This cleanser isn't good for people whose skin isn't already pimple-free. I thought my skin was breaking out purely from dryness, but after extended use of this cleanser, I realized that that isn't the case.
This cleanser is more of a surface cleaner, despite the exfoliating beads (I don't think there are enough or that they are abrasive enough to do anything, even for sensitive skin), and all the dirt in my pores just sits there.
The new Nivea natural cleanser is definitely better, and now I use that in the morning, and LUSH's Ultrabland at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by nene20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm in loooove with this product. My skin is very dry because I have eczema. I don't really have acne but theirs always a week by month that I'll have a minor breakout, like pimples, & in the worst case I'll have a sort of a cyst & it really hurts. But anyways, when I bought the gentle cleansing cream it came with the toner,the moisturizing cream,the lotion & the deodorant, just for 14$ at Wal-Mart! At first, I didn't really want to try it because when I looked at the ingredients, it didn't have salycic acid or benzoyl peroxide. The first week, I saw my skin had less pimples. In the 2nd & 3rd week, my skin was amaaaaazing. I didn't even have one pimple on my face & even my blackheads were slowly disappearing & my skin looked fresh and healthy.

I will definitely but this product again & never in my life has my skin been so soft & beautiful...thanks nivea!:)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I quite like this cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling pretty soft and smooth so I feel like I don't need as much moisturiser after. Has a very creamy texture and no weird smells. A pretty good cleanser for it's price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by dreamlandlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this about a year, or a few years ago, and didn't find anything special about it. Recently, especially during the winter, I needed something to get rid of flakiness, and this did it. It made my skin smooth. I find it a bit abrasive, but strangely, it didn't cause any redness or irritation in my skin like most exfoliants do. I really like it, but I only use it in the morning, because it doesn't remove makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by izziebelle

I love this! I have sensitive combination/oily skin with a tendency of getting a few bumps here and there. and this was just what my skin needed!

+ My face feels clean and fresh after use
+ It doesn't irritate my skin at all
+ It smells so good
+ Love the creamy consistence

I dont use it as a makeup remover though. For a mineral foundation I think it would work, but not for any liquid foundation. At least not for mine. Ive always used cleasing wipes for my makeup and cleansers afterwards =) I use this everyday along with the gentle toner and I use the Olay Complete cream for a moustorizer. And it works wonders for my skin! Less bumps, smoother surface and a glow to my face without adding any oil or making my skin shiny.