Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream

3.6

on 5/25/2013 8:02:00 AM

I rate this product highly because I have not used a better cleanser in my life. That's coming from a 25 year old beauty/skincare product junkie. I guess I was never familiar with or taught to use a cream cleanser with a cloth (baby muslin cloths) growing up in North America so this whole cream and cloth method is completely exotic for me. The conventional way I was taught to cleanse if i wanted to remove makeup was to use a foaming face wash, which I know now is completely wrong. Foaming, gel, soapy face washes should never be used on the skin no material what skin type you have, be it oily, combo or dry because it does not emoliate the makeup meaning it does not break down the dirt and makeup the way a cream would, AND the worse part is it always leaves your skin feeling a little dry, scaly and parched. Cream cleansers are kind and gentle to your skin, it lifts the dirt and makeup from the face so that your warm muslin cloth can wipe the nasty away while giving you a mini exfoliation. I love how bright and youthful my skin looks after I clean my face with this stuff. I love that this stuff is so affordable, a tube lasts me and my boyfriend (who also uses this twice daily) about one month. For $6 CAD I have no complaints only praises and would gladly pay more for it.

on 11/19/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I think that this product is vastly under-rated. I love Nivea products and really trust their formulations due to their longevity and popularity in Europe. They use well-tolerated ingredients, they know skin, and I believe that there is some bias against them due to the fact that they price their products based on volume sales. Having said all that, I notice that I'm in a real minority in my age group for reviewing this product. No matter, it's definitely working for me. I don't use it to remove make-up, it's my morning staple. I work in a hospital so tend to bathe/shower at night. I bought this because I thought it would be convenient to use at the sink in the a.m., and it is. I give my face a good spray with Avene thermal water and then squeeze a bit of this onto my fingers and work it into my wet skin. Feels good! I don't like just running a cotton ball over my face and calling that cleansing, I like to get in there with my hands and this gives me something to work with that isn't drying like soap. It isn't greasy either, it's very neutral in that regard. I tissue it off and then use a cold, moist face cloth to rinse and close my pores and it feels so refreshing, clean and again, neutral. Not dry but no feeling of moisturizer left behind. Perhaps because it has mineral oil in it, it does minimize the pores on my nose and elsewhere by emulsifying the contents and really decongesting the skin. I really, really feel confident that I've been extremely gentle to my skin without compromising how clean I feel and that I haven't left anything behind. I like the finish it leaves on my skin. So if you are a little older and can afford really good skincare now, don't be prejudiced against this extremely bargain priced gem. It's available on an online drugstore website if you can't find it locally. You've got less than a tenner to lose!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this. I am a huge nivea fan. I love their stuff. This cleared up many of my little whiteheads and pimples. Used in conjunction with Thayers Rose Water and Witch Hazel Toner, followed by Nivea Soft, my skin is clearing up nicely. But remember this a gentle, mild cleanser not for super oily makeup-covered skin! Take off your makeup first!

on 7/3/2012 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my reference morning cleanser - I use a more deep cleansing gel at night. It is gentle and soothing and has a pleasant smell, perfect to start the day. I leave it on as a mask in the shower for that extra moisture. Strictly nothing bad to say about it.

on 2/4/2012 8:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Love this cleanser. My skin is quite dry and sensitive and I use this product every night. I love the creamy consistency and it doesn't leave my skin itchy and tight afterwards. I haven't had a bad breakout since I've used the cleanser (about 2 months). Will def repurchase.

on 2/2/2012 3:26:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. I have dry patches in some areas too. However I find this caters for all of my face! Even though it's a cream it doesn't seem to make my skin any oilier. It makes my skin smooth, soft and glowy! I find my skin is hydrated all day long too. It's very gentle, and I found that after using it my cystic acne started to go away and come up less frequently. The only bad thing is that it does sometimes clog my pores on some of my skin (especially my cheeks) and I get smaller acne from time to time. It also is harder to wash off as it is quite thick. Its thickness also means that some gets stuck in the bottle, and you have to stick a finger in to scoop out the bits that won't come out, a better designed bottle would be good.

on 6/3/2011 6:20:00 PM

I love this stuff! Been using it for about two weeks now. I was using Clean and Clear before but it wasn't working at all to clear up my skin. I was skeptical that this would do anything for my face since it lacks salicylic acid or benzyol peroxide. Maybe those ingredients were just too harsh for my sensitive skin? My face is much clearer and very smooth now. This stuff was cheap too, around 5 bucks Canadian. Will repurchase!

on 1/20/2011 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have been using this on-and-off, switching between it and the Nivea cleansing gel for normal/combination skin. After experimenting between the two, I like this better. I have been getting so many pimples on my forehead lately despite my meticulous skin care and hygiene routine, and I think I realized that I'm over-doing it... I need moisture! This cleanses without being too drying, but you do need a little extra cleaning power a couple times a week.
Now I use this, a home-made scrub and toner (though the Nivea ones aren't bad), and various moisturizers... I haven't foud the right one yet. I think both Nivea daytime moisturizers and the night ones soak in too quickly, and leave my skin kind of oily. I might switch to a home-made moisturizer... olive oil maybe?

EDIT: This cleanser isn't good for people whose skin isn't already pimple-free. I thought my skin was breaking out purely from dryness, but after extended use of this cleanser, I realized that that isn't the case.
This cleanser is more of a surface cleaner, despite the exfoliating beads (I don't think there are enough or that they are abrasive enough to do anything, even for sensitive skin), and all the dirt in my pores just sits there.
The new Nivea natural cleanser is definitely better, and now I use that in the morning, and LUSH's Ultrabland at night.

on 11/12/2010 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm in loooove with this product. My skin is very dry because I have eczema. I don't really have acne but theirs always a week by month that I'll have a minor breakout, like pimples, & in the worst case I'll have a sort of a cyst & it really hurts. But anyways, when I bought the gentle cleansing cream it came with the toner,the moisturizing cream,the lotion & the deodorant, just for 14$ at Wal-Mart! At first, I didn't really want to try it because when I looked at the ingredients, it didn't have salycic acid or benzoyl peroxide. The first week, I saw my skin had less pimples. In the 2nd & 3rd week, my skin was amaaaaazing. I didn't even have one pimple on my face & even my blackheads were slowly disappearing & my skin looked fresh and healthy.

I will definitely but this product again & never in my life has my skin been so soft & beautiful...thanks nivea!:)

on 11/9/2010 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I quite like this cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling pretty soft and smooth so I feel like I don't need as much moisturiser after. Has a very creamy texture and no weird smells. A pretty good cleanser for it's price.