April 17, 2014 | 1607 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Daily Nail Growth Treatment

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails are pretty, but all my life I have never been able to grow them long. They get to a certain point, one or two break, and since I hate them to be different lengths, I cut them down and start over. I decided to try this one day when I saw it in the DS.

As a base coat, this stuff sure makes your polish last! Almost a week, and I haven't even had to touch up any chips in the color. I have had to file down a couple little breaks in 2 nails, though.

The formula is thin, I use 2 coats, being sure to put a little under the nail tip as well. It dries really fast....but it remains to be seen if this will encourage my nails to grow long and beautiful before breaking! But even if it doesn't help my nails grow, it works GREAT as a base, so I'd definitely buy again - anything that makes a manicure last is awesome in my book!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Jade716

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am 34 and never been able to grow my nails, about 4 years ago I told myself "enough is enough" I finally wanted to really start trying to care for my nails. bought some solor oil, burts bees cuticle cream, nail file so I could file insted of bite, cuticle remover and this stuff. I have this on every day and when u first use u see result in a week. Once u see results u don't want to bite. I have had long, hard, lovely nails for the past 4 yrs. I love my nails so much I can't stop looking at them. I now have a polish obsession and plan to use this stuff as a base coat. I will buy this forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Julia3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks, it claims you can see growth in 1 which i couldn't (keeping in mind my nails just refuse to grow and i havent bitten them for a year) but after 3 weeks at least some of the nails are starting to look longer than before. this is great but not the reason i love this product, i love it because IT DOESNT MAKE MY NAILS PEEL!! I've tried so many growth/strengthening/hardening products and they all just seem to make my nails peel and flake (ew!).
I use this as a top coat and a base coat like it says, which i thought was totally wrong on every level, but kinda works out well if i give it about a year to dry before i do things (its definitely not fast drying). i cant apply it every day like it says to because my nail polish just goes gooey and i mess it up after about the second or third day of extra coating so i just apply an extra coat once then in a few days when im sick of my colour or it starts chipping/peeling i start the process again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by GracefaceYay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product worked well. I would probably purchase again. It worked to help me get long nails after all my life I have bitten them. The treatment is very thin but fairly easy to apply and dried quickly. The onlything is applying it daily because I like to polish them but that was fine. The brush worked well I don't know why everyone complains about their brushes! My nails have improved so much!! Before they were so unhealthy and ugly to paint but now they are so long and healthy!!! I love it and at Walmart it was only 4.00! And thats fairly cheap. I recommend it to anyone who wants to achieve longer healthier nails:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by charmyboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using the nail growth and hard as nails polish for the past week. It's brilliant! My nails were completely weak and brittle after over a year of wearing fake nails. I've finally decided to start taking care of my natural nails and this was recommended by my nail technician. Definitely 5/5!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i really like the silk polish treatment by sally, it really made my nails long and so pretty! when i ran out, i went to the drugstore but they didn't have it so i got the maximum growth. at that time, my nails were already a good length but i wanted it to grow a bit more and i wanted my nails protected as well. i didn't notice my nails getting much longer in the first week i tried, but they were very hard which i thought was a good thing. but then i noticed my nails were dried out. eventually, two of my nails broke off in big chunks. so my nails were practically like glass, hard and fragile. i ended cutting my all of my nails :(
i wouldn't buy this product again. but to you all, try it for yourself since this product has gotten a lot of positive reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by savannahwong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been peeling/biting my nails off since I was 4, and so I thought this would encourage me to stop. I got this product 5 days ago, and I've already noticed a slight growth in my nails. Initially, I thought that it would help the growth of the tips of my nails, but I've noticed that my actual nail (the clear part) has grown. It gives a nice shine to your nails, but it also does peel off slightly. When my nails have grown, I'll be trying it as a base/top coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by glossygloss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this product, alot! My nails were the longest and strongest they've ever been. People always thought my nails were fake. If you want long, strong nails then this is the stuff to use. Nowadays I keep my nails shorter and just use Sally Hansen's nail quencher and Hard as nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:26:00 AM More reviews by abigailmurray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After getting my nails done with extensions and realizing that the beautician had over-filed my nails, I cut them all to the quick to take away the red marks and uneven nail beds. I've always had long nails, and having them this short was making me impatient waiting for them to grow so I could paint them without getting loads of polish on the tips of my fingers.
So, I bought this, hoping that it might do something. It was my first ever Sally Hansen product and I bought it without reading reviews.
I followed the instructions, and after about a week my once horribly short nails had about a 2mm growth. I was so happy, as my natural nail growth is medium, but this upped my game ;D
Overall, the best nail growth treatment I've used so far. It totally knocks Avon's grow potion of the shelve. I recommended it to all my friends who have also said they had trouble growing their nails.
Once again, thankyou Sally Hansen.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Lollliiipopzzz

I've used this product continuously for the past 6 years. I got every single one of my friends to try it too! It makes my nails very strong and they grow like weeds! Within 2 days my nails are extremely long and strong. I absolutely adore this product! It's the best! The only issue I have with it is that it takes longer for my nail polish to dry if I apply this product under and over the nail polish. However, it looks great on its own without any colored nail polish.