October 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Carrot Nutritive Body Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by maylias

Light moisturizer that didn't sink in very well and felt greasy on my skin. Fragrance did not appeal to me. I like the bright orange color, though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG lotion!!! Love the color, texture and the way it makes my skin feel and look. I do not like the scent though. BUT...it does fade after awhile. My skintone looks more even and dewy. Plus, I'm sooo soft! The best part is that I found a NATURAL lotion that really works good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I generally love Burtís Bees products, especially the fact that they are mostly natural and because the company does not conduct animal testing. That being said, I could not tolerate this lotion. The odd, never-fading scent was one thing (I canít begin to describe it, so I wonít even try), but the texture also left a lot to be desired. It simply refused to sink into my skin, leaving a waxy, greasy film on my legs. I tried it a few different times, on both damp, post-shower skin and again on thoroughly dry skin. No dice. It just would NOT absorb, and the smell did not diminish one bit. Even though Iíd used it only on my legs, the scent drifted upwards and bothered my senses. Iím going to try the milk & honey body lotion next ~ hopefully Iíll have better luck.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This leaves me greasy, as if it doesn't soak in. Maybe I'm using too much of it. At least it's 98.67% all natural though, and I don't mind the smell. I originally didn't love or hate the smell (it was just there and I ignored it), but over time I got used to it and now it smells kinda good. It is super strong and artificial smelling though, despite being Burt's Bees. This is not what you'd think something all natural would smell like. Unfortunately it does linger though. I'd rather have it disappear.

Ingredients: Filtered water, sunflower oil, vegetable glycerin, coconut oil, stearic acid (vegetable fat), beeswax, orange wax, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), balsam peru, aloe barbadensis, carrot seed oil, sodium borate (natural borax), xanthan gum (natural thickener), sucrose stearate (sugar emulsifier), glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (sugar & natural enzymes), fragrance, beta carotene.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2008 3:10:00 AM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely one of the best burt's bees products ever tried!This lotion is absolutely one of the best I have ever tried on my sensitive skin,it absorbs so fast and does not irritate my skin at all,I can reapply it after washing my hands and it absorbs into the skin on contact.The scent is very yummy,and I like using it on my face,hands and elbows.The only downside is it has a very thin consistency,and is a weird yellow that you have to be careful about getting on your clothes.Other then that I reccomend this lotion highly,especially to those with sensitive skin.a Truly natural lotion! Will re-buy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Ok, this is SO awesome. I got it in a 3 pack lotion travel kit. Smells SOOO good, like carrot cake. At first I thought it wuld be too watery, but once applied and it did its thing, it left my skin so smooth and glowing. It works great on nicks or irritation on my legs. Love the ingredients too. I especially like that theres no flippin parabens in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 3:54:00 PM More reviews by dominiquealis

The first time I bought a full sized bottle of this product there was something rank going on that I knew wasn't right since I had used a trial sized before. I contacted Burt's Bees to let them know about it and they were so kind and sent another bottle. I love this lotion. It smells great, and is a very good moisturizer. It absorbs quickly, feels light, yet keeps my skin from getting dry. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2007 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite skin moisterizer, hands down. First, about the scent. The posts show just how subjective scent is! I adore the scent. Yes, it's a little odd. But I certainly don't think it smells "plastic-y". And on my skin, it smells lovely, both to me and my boyfriend!

It's richly moistering without being thick, which is certainly a rarity. It also sinks into the skin nicely and doesn't leave an oily residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by julietagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to stick up for my favorite lotion! I love it! It sinks in, my skin doesn't itch, my husband and kids LOVE the scent{ which is so funny cause one person wrote your boyfriend would throw you out of the bed for it} . It feels so healthy when you put it on, my skin drinks it in.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ladi

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Your boyfriend will throw you out of bed for this one. The fragrance is utterly disgusting, it smells like rancid fruit cake. It really is disappointing because it is an amazing body lotion...amazing enough for me to continue using it and suffer through the scent.