August 21, 2014 | 985 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Bronze Universel De Chanel Sun Illuminator

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Reemyn

Definitely long-wearing. The texture is creamy, but not so creamy that it melts off. The more you blend the better it looks, otherwise it can be a little streaky. It is expensive, but that amount is enough for years...
So overall I think this is quite good, but not for me, it looks orange.
Not fan of the parabens either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Use it all the time my all time holy grail product !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this bronzer. I bought this when I first purchased Chanel Pro Lumiere (now discontinued) they were a dream together.

Im a NC40-44 depending on the time of year and how tanned I am from holidays. But it seems to adapt no matter what shade I am. This was first recommended to me by a friend with a very dark complexion as it only comes in one colour I couldn't understand how it works for us both but somehow it does.

I use the ELF powder brush to apply and it gives me a flawless, radient glow finish.

Best cream bronzer I've ever come across and the product lasts forever as a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I LOVE this product! It's a cream, but nearly solid cream that is easily blended with the right brush. I have been using this off and on over the past few months. A jar will last forever - a little goes a long way and it's completely buildable. My skintone is NC30 and it blends/looks incredibly natural on me and with it's ability to build it looks great with a faux tan as well. Smells amazing, another great product from Chanel.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mimisang

I've been wanted to try on this product ever since i first saw it on pixiwoo's channel. Finally got my hands on it last month and even though it's pricey but i think it should last me for quite some time with the big amount of product.

I love the consistency of the product, it's like a cream-gel like that blends into mt skin very well. i have dry combination skin and this product works well on my dry cheeks. I used a kabuki brush to apply and a little product goes a long way. Too much of the product might make u look orange so bear in mind to start with very little first.

Overall a GOOD BUY :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by DaniDeelish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, but it won't work for everyone. It is a cream-to-powder type of bronzer. Kind of has a whipped, mousse like consistency.
****PROS****
--It is a very natural looking bronzer that gives an amazing sun-kissed glow to the face (can be a 'con', see below)
--Can be used to contour the face, as a natural eye contour (run it through your eye socket to give you a naturally defined look), as well as a 'makeup base'. Eg: swirl a kabuki (or any brush) into this product, and then work the excess off on the back on your hand. Then work the remaining product on to your face and neck. It will make you look more tanned and, if you don't have problematic skin, you may not even need to use a foundation on top.
--I use this product down my neck if my foundation is a little too dark. It gives a beautiful natural tanned look!
--I use this product to darken any foundation (for the summer months). I do as I stated before (work a brush in the product), but this time I work all of the product onto the back on my hand. And then when I apply my foundation, I put it on to the back of my hand first (where the bronzer is). This will slightly darken any bronzer and give you a gorgeous glow! Just don't forget to take it down your neck too!
--This product lasts on your skin all day, and does not look ashy at all!
--This product is not greasy at all, nor is it too heavy to wear in the summer (as it turns to almost a powder consistency when applied to the skin)
--Has a slight citrus scent (again, can be a 'con'). Since my skin is not sensitive to scented products, I love the fresh scent that this has!
--The jar will last you for years. I used to use this product every day, and have hardly made a dent to it.
--Great for dry and oily skinned people because of the mousse like texture
****CONS****
--The colour of this bronzer is a little orange. This comes back to the fact that it's a very natural looking bronzer. If you think about it, a natural tan is more orange based than brown based. That's the look that this bronzer gives you. Now, for people with very pale skin, this will look a little too orange. So I only recommend this for people with medium-tanned skin who want a natural glow (MAC NW20 or higher. Any lighter, and this may look too orange on you)
--The jar is huge and is not very practical for storing it or for travel
--It does have a slight citrus scent, so if your skin is sensitive to scented products, be careful!
--The product doesn't distribute evenly onto the brush. When I rub my brush in this product, some of the brush hairs will get coated in the bronzer, and some don't, which can sometimes make it a little difficult to apply it evenly (although if you blend it, it's fine)
--It's expensive, obviously, since it's Chanel.
****BOTTOM LINE****
I recommend this product to anyone who wants a natural sun kissed glow (keep in mind that a 'natural sun kissed glow' is a little on the orange side). This is an investment, but the jar will last you for years so you will definitely get your money's worth. I don't recommend it to people who are fair skinned though. I only tend to use this bronzer in the summer, as in the winter I am around an NC15 by MAC, and as I mentioned above, this bronzer looks a little too orange on light skinned people. But gorgeous and natural in the summer, looks like you've been out in the sun all day!
I will repurchase because of how multi purpose this product is!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by luisareyna

One of my all time favorite bronzing products. Gives you a nice sun-kissed glow without the ugly, ashy powdery finish that most bronzers can give you (especially if you build up the color). Perfect finish, perfect color, and perfect wear. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by heathrey

A great natural alternative to powdery, muddy bronzers. I have used this product all summer either as all over base or just on the places where the sun catched the lights and even as a contour. It blends seamlessly with foundation when using a RT stippling brush (I use Chanel VA). Only qualm is brush hair fallout into the product- it just looks a bit gross- now rectified by RT brush however. Just ensure you use a synthetic brush from day one! Multi-purpose and long lasting- perhaps even a HG. Packaging is HUGE though- can they please start selling the mini pots they use at the counters! Could transtition to winter providing a light hand is used. (I go very very pale in winter)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this bronzer because it is so natural and bleandable. LOve love love! And the color matches perfeclty my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Being fair-with-a-side-of-pink, I was sceptical. But I have to admit, it does a lovely job.

Use a kabuki, buff the excess on the back of your hand, and it gives a subtle healthy colour. Your hand will get orange - but YOU will not.

It's so big it will last forever and ever......but it is expensive - get it in Duty Free if you can.

I have all the usual "fair" bronzers - Nars Laguna, MAC Golden, Bourjois Delice de Chocolat #51, Guerlain Blondes....the list goes on. But I actually think this is the sublest, certainly on bare skin. Perhaps because it's a cream formulation. You don't get that dusty look.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No