Sally Hansen Mega Shine Top Coat

3.4

on 5/18/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was my HG top coat for YEARS. LOVE it and will always repurchase. I switched to Orly Sec n Dry because i wanted a faster dry time, but this stuff can't be beat for shine. So intense and durable.

Looks like gel nails.

on 5/15/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

My favorite top coat! Makes your nails look like it got dipped in liquid diamonds (super shiny), dries in about a minute and a half, wears for 7-10 days. I'm impressed. Even after washing dishes and showerig the shine pay off hasn't faded like a lot do!

on 4/29/2014 12:29:00 PM

Best top coat ever! I just bought my second bottle and I haven't even run out of the first one yet! I always get compliments on my manicures and it is mostly down to this product. My own manicures using this top coat look a lot better than any professional manicure I have ever had, and they last almost twice as long.

I apply 1 layer of basecoat, 2 coats of polish, then 1 coat of SH Mega Shine. It gives your nails a super glossy mirror shine that really does last for 10 days. I usually start chipping on day 10 (by that time I'm bored of the color anyway). It kind of causes the polish to peel off in one go (reminds me of the Tinkerbell peel-off nail polish from my childhood) so instead of slowly chipping away like most manicures do, it's more like 10 days flawless, then you have to take it all off. I much prefer this!

My only complaint is that the metallic silver paint on the bottle neck chips off and can get into the polish when you wipe the brush which may result in a silver fleck getting stuck in your manicure. It's fine but they ought to fix it.

on 4/13/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

disclaimer: the bottle I have has a blue cap and it doesn't say extended wear. It just says megashine top coat. Now, it does what it says. It is pretty glossy. However I think the cheaper sally Hansen top coats (I'm thinking some of the clear bottle ones) are just as glossy. You also have to make sure you are putting it on really thick to get the gloss. A thin layer doesnt seem that glossy (in fact i put on a second thick layer because i didnt think my first probably thin layer was shiny enough). The drying time seems pretty good. Its not rapid quick but in the time it took me to review Essie mambo on my phone, this top coat has dried (and I had put it on thick). Now what you have to know about this gloss is that you have to wait for your color to dry first. If you don't, you will likely end up streaking the color when you apply this on. What's great about this product that I love is that if your color is old and thick and its applied all unevenly with bumps and is essentially a hot mess, you throw this on while the color is still drying and it evens it all out. I can't remember if the other SH top coats do that, but this one certainly does. So this coat is great for beginners and pack rats. But for everyone else, its simply not worth its price when comparing shine/dollar with other SH top coats. I think I will search for that cheaper SH top coat than buy this again. Its not bad, there are just better ones out there.

on 2/5/2014 4:07:00 AM

This is the best top coat-EVER! Just one coat gives an instant mirrored shine! I love this product- especially over a deep red or any dark nail polish.

on 2/1/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Am seriously impressed with this Mega Shine top coat after switching over from Sephora's generic brand top coat due to the reviews I'd read of the Sally Hansen products.

True to its promise, this product dries very quickly (usually 5 mins is more than enough, even if the underlying nail colour would've taken longer to dry properly). On my hands, I can often get up to 5 days' unchipped wear and it lasts for 2 weeks unchipped on my toe nails. The product also keeps the shine well throughout the entire wear time.

This top coat is an unsung holy grail: it's fantastically forgiving of minor bumps in my nail polish application to give a professional-manicured finish, and works equally well with my Chanel, Illamasqua, Essie and Autograph brands.

on 12/2/2013 11:21:00 AM

This nail Polish is a must have for any painted nails. I purchased mine in need for a top coat and this done so much more than I expected. Yes a bit pricey but you have to pay extra for quality right? this is so so so much better than your normal top coat it dries in seconds and it can be applied to nearly dry nail polish, it gives you that salon finish with exactly what it says on the bottle mega shine no chips no fading just perfect painted nails for at least 2 weeks. I find some topcoats make your nail polish wet again take ages to dry and therefore end up smudging because you assume they're dry as I said this drys in literally seconds a must have girls absolutely brilliant, my nail length has benefited from this also.

on 11/3/2013 1:47:00 AM

This is my number 1 beauty product out of everything. Super easy to apply. Apply over wet or dry polish and it makes any manicure perfect. I can get up to 2 weeks from one paint job. Love love love!

on 10/27/2013 10:32:00 AM

Current product (blue chome top) does no better than a clear polish and is not worth the premium price. Average shine but prone to pillow marks hours after application. Doesn't stand up to daily wear & if your hands are in a lot of water tends to peel right off. Brush is more of a flat and applies product like a paddle. Does not fan out for even application.

Original formula (black top) was FANTASTIC!! Shine and durability was phenomenal!!! It applied thick but easy to apply. It dried to a hard, beautiful shine very quickly. My manicure would last average of 3-4 weeks. Created a gel like appearance with a hard LONG lasting shine you did not have to baby. I've used this exclusively since they first introduced it and absolutely LOVED IT!! Will not purchase again.

I've recommended it to hundreds of women but no longer. I've been blessed with wonderful nails & get compliments constantly. Sally Hansen was the mainstay of my manicure routine for as long as I can remember but no more. I could count on a beautiful manicure with professional results at an affordable price. Sad to have to hunt for new products. :-(

on 10/17/2013 11:00:00 AM

I am not satisfied with the product. It chips too soon, especially applied directly to nails. Besides, I could detect some shrinkage. The shine could be better. Yet I could see that this product works best when paired up with Sally Hansen nail polish. The package looks cool but it is absolutely unpractical since you cannot see how much product is left.
The only thing I like about the top coat is how thin it gets applied. Wish SV had the same application.