October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Mega Shine Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Hel19

This is the best top coat-EVER! Just one coat gives an instant mirrored shine! I love this product- especially over a deep red or any dark nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Am seriously impressed with this Mega Shine top coat after switching over from Sephora's generic brand top coat due to the reviews I'd read of the Sally Hansen products.

True to its promise, this product dries very quickly (usually 5 mins is more than enough, even if the underlying nail colour would've taken longer to dry properly). On my hands, I can often get up to 5 days' unchipped wear and it lasts for 2 weeks unchipped on my toe nails. The product also keeps the shine well throughout the entire wear time.

This top coat is an unsung holy grail: it's fantastically forgiving of minor bumps in my nail polish application to give a professional-manicured finish, and works equally well with my Chanel, Illamasqua, Essie and Autograph brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by SandieRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This nail Polish is a must have for any painted nails. I purchased mine in need for a top coat and this done so much more than I expected. Yes a bit pricey but you have to pay extra for quality right? this is so so so much better than your normal top coat it dries in seconds and it can be applied to nearly dry nail polish, it gives you that salon finish with exactly what it says on the bottle mega shine no chips no fading just perfect painted nails for at least 2 weeks. I find some topcoats make your nail polish wet again take ages to dry and therefore end up smudging because you assume they're dry as I said this drys in literally seconds a must have girls absolutely brilliant, my nail length has benefited from this also.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Vintageblush

This is my number 1 beauty product out of everything. Super easy to apply. Apply over wet or dry polish and it makes any manicure perfect. I can get up to 2 weeks from one paint job. Love love love!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by NailGirl99

Current product (blue chome top) does no better than a clear polish and is not worth the premium price. Average shine but prone to pillow marks hours after application. Doesn't stand up to daily wear & if your hands are in a lot of water tends to peel right off. Brush is more of a flat and applies product like a paddle. Does not fan out for even application.

Original formula (black top) was FANTASTIC!! Shine and durability was phenomenal!!! It applied thick but easy to apply. It dried to a hard, beautiful shine very quickly. My manicure would last average of 3-4 weeks. Created a gel like appearance with a hard LONG lasting shine you did not have to baby. I've used this exclusively since they first introduced it and absolutely LOVED IT!! Will not purchase again.

I've recommended it to hundreds of women but no longer. I've been blessed with wonderful nails & get compliments constantly. Sally Hansen was the mainstay of my manicure routine for as long as I can remember but no more. I could count on a beautiful manicure with professional results at an affordable price. Sad to have to hunt for new products. :-(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I am not satisfied with the product. It chips too soon, especially applied directly to nails. Besides, I could detect some shrinkage. The shine could be better. Yet I could see that this product works best when paired up with Sally Hansen nail polish. The package looks cool but it is absolutely unpractical since you cannot see how much product is left.
The only thing I like about the top coat is how thin it gets applied. Wish SV had the same application.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I really wanted to like this, but it just NEVER sets for me! I did my nails last night at 8PM and at 8AM this morning, my credit card dinged my polish! What?? I get SOME shrinkage, but not as much as I do with Seche Vite. I like how thin it is and how easily it is to apply, but that's where my likes end. The packaging is horrible - you can't see how much you've got left! Sigh. I'm going back to Seche Vite. AGAIN. Cripes - this is like a bad relationship!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SophieCosford

This stuff is freaking amazing. I got it free as part of a gift with purchase set and I've used nearly the whole bottle. If you apply a thick coat as directed over your nearly dry colour it smooths out any bubbles or ridges in the colour. I just applied a very cheap colour that was gloopy and dried with bubbles and all uneven. I applied this top coat and it makes the colour layer underneath appear smooth as silk. Almost looks like a gel nail effect. Love. Will definitely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by RoniRamone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for free in a Sally Hansen gift set and I love it! It makes painting your nails so easy because they dry so quickly. They also make them shine in a really nice way. I'm not certain, but I think it may even help delay chipping, although that of course is inevitable. I like it because I used to use Revlon top coat and I noticed that I got marks from my sheets after I slept, but with this it always looks like I just applied fresh colour even when it's chipping away! Would definitely recommend compared to drugstore brands like Revlon and Maybelline

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Deviationize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this stuff! It was recommended to me by the cosmetologist at the drugstore about 6 months back, and it's now the only product I will use as a top coat. After running out of my first bottle I went back to using other top coats and none of them compare. This product makes every polish I have last for at least a week. Zero chipping. It keeps my nails shiny and dries within minutes.

I will be repurchasing this for many years to come!